Lucky

Gay Mayor Running For President

• Members

Why not join the crowd? " Pete Buttigieg, the 37-year-old mayor of South Bend, Indiana, announced Wednesday that he was forming a presidential exploratory committee — making him the first openly gay Democrat to seek the office."

Read about the gallant young gay here: https://nypost.com/2019/01/23/pete-buttigieg-becomes-first-openly-gay-democrat-to-run-for-president/

To get people to better remember his name, I suggest Peter Butt!

Here's the candidate and the prospective First Man:

Pete+Buttigieg+and+Chasten+Glezman.jpg

• Members

I've always had a thing for gay men from South Bend. If I were him, I would have changed my last name to something easier to pronounce.

Pete Buttigieg is a graduate of Harvard University, a Rhodes Scholar, and a veteran of the War in Afghanistan. From what I've seen, he gives a great interview. He's got a great speaking voice and he's very articulate.

It's difficult to say how far he will go. His views at the moment on U.S. involvement in the Middle East are too pacifist for me. A pacifist is not a good quality for a leader who is required to keep the U.S. safe from Islamist militant terrorists. That said, I will be keeping an eye on him. He did make a handsome soldier. 

59bd79684f20ba7814ee875495a92c5a.jpg

ps Not sure why this thread was not started in the Politics Forum, since the subject is a politician and the thread title includes "running for President."

Edited by RockHardNYC

• Members
2 hours ago, RockHardNYC said:

Not sure why this thread was not started in the Politics Forum, since the subject is a politician and the thread title includes "running for President."

Because our dear Lucky is more focused on Pete's butt than his politics?

Just my guess...:P

• Members

After a thorough search of the Net, this is the only glamour shot of our  Lord Mayor I could find.

Related image

Although that doesn't really look like the photo Lucky posted. And I don't recall any tats on the candidate's arms.

• Members

Hmmm....

Maybe so, but I would bet real money at least one or two would venture something like "aggressively self-confident to the point of arrogance" (if only  off the record and not for attribution).  :flowers:

Image result for arrogant

PS And clean the filter too, Adamsmith. Things have been getting a bit foggy lately.

• Members
15 hours ago, MsGuy said:

I would bet real money at least one or two would venture something like "aggressively self-confident to the point of arrogance"

In business, I'm sure I've been called worse. Confidence and a bit of arrogance are often necessary when swimming with sharks. In my private life, I try to be more circumspect.

As for the quote in the Neil Patrick Harris photo, my hearing is not clouded by anything. I enjoy listening to people, and I often move folks to a better spot so that I can hear them more clearly. While it's true,  I do love myself. That does not mean I act as though I think I'm awesome. I'm known for praising the awesomeness of others without any need to focus on myself. I'm not a needy guy.

I apologize for the hi-jack. This thread should not be about me. I use the board to exercise an alter ego, and I've never hidden that fact from anyone. I find it fun to be "aggressively self-confident to the point of arrogance," among other attributes.

• Members
On 1/25/2019 at 2:59 AM, MsGuy said:

After a thorough search of the Net, this is the only glamour shot of our  Lord Mayor I could find.

Related image

Although that doesn't really look like the photo Lucky posted. And I don't recall any tats on the candidate's arms.

If that is Mr Mayor then wowsers! Either way, good luck to him

• Members

190203_tw_buttigieg_1038_hpMain_16x9_992

George Stephanopoulos recently interviewed Pete Buttigieg on This Week. The more I listen to the guy, the more I like him. You can see his campaign video here:

Leaping for President.

He's extremely articulate. Very smart. Great speaking voice. Handsome enough. He's the kind of gay man who can appeal to the masses. I think I'll be sending a donation to his campaign soon.

• Members

I caught Buttigieg being interviewed by Chuck Todd. I remember Chuck Todd when he was a fatty with hair. As a gay man who is proudly fashionable and an aesthete, I would've had to ask Todd about his vanity-less fatter years, when he was making much less money than he is now. I say this in response to some of the questions male anchors ask a gay man running for president. If there's one thing Sarah Palin got right, it's her characterization of the "gotcha" question. She deserved all of her "gotchas," but certain questions really bring out the sensational stupidity of the public at large and the stupidity of some of the anchors. These questions also bring out the fake-ness of those being asked.

Once again, Pete Buttigieg handled himself beautifully. He never lost a beat of respect and dignity. He stayed on point with his very positive appeal. Todd almost massacred Buttigieg's last name, but it looks like that's something we fans are going to have to accept.

Edited by RockHardNYC

• Members
15 hours ago, floridarob said:

maybe too smart for our dumbed down country

That could certainly be a possibility. Intellect may not guarantee superb leadership qualities, but I personally prefer a man who reads than one who doesn't, and has no interest. I miss Obama's intellect, the way he paused before he spoke. I also like the fact that Pete Buttigieg served in the military. And from what I'm hearing, South Bend is loving him as mayor.