pauleiro

BT travelers to BRAZIL : where - when

• Members
On 2/4/2019 at 12:51 PM, pauleiro said:

RECIFE April 10 to 14

Recife? 

Recife’s Pina Beach

U.S. government personnel are prohibited from walking after dark on Pina Beach, located in the northern part of Boa Viagem, due to crime. This restriction covers the sandy areas of Pina Beach starting at Dona Benvinda de Farias Street and ending at Brasilia Teimosa neighborhood.

Visit our website for Travel to High-Risk Areas.

• Members
1 hour ago, mvan1 said:

Recife? 

Recife’s Pina Beach

U.S. government personnel are prohibited from walking after dark on Pina Beach, located in the northern part of Boa Viagem, due to crime. This restriction covers the sandy areas of Pina Beach starting at Dona Benvinda de Farias Street and ending at Brasilia Teimosa neighborhood.

There should be absolutely NO need for anyone here to be wandering around Pina Beach in Recife after dark. Praia do Pina is a regular family-styled beach but on its northern end, it ends in a large favela called Brasilia Teimosa. Even in broad daylight, locals vehemently advise against walking further than 100 m along this beach in a northerly direction. Apart from that, there is a well-developed beach section on the south side of the beach.

The only thing you’ll need to do is drive in an Uber THROUGH this area near Pina Beach and Brasilia Teimosfrom Boa Viagem in order to go over the bridge to get to two of the northern saunas (Progresso and Boa Vista — the other, Blue Thermas is in the center of the Boa Viagem neighborhood and song require that trek).

The best area to stay in Recife is the center of Boa Viagem (NOT the northern end of the strip closer to Pina Beach, as mentioned in the above warning), near the Boa Viagem beach and park.

As a strict safety rule, avoid all beaches after sundown anywhere in Brazil. 

• Members
On 2/7/2019 at 2:19 AM, mvan1 said:

Recife? 

Recife’s Pina Beach

Thanks for information. We will stay on the safe side and avoid dangerous areas in Recife

• Members
4 hours ago, moonwalker said:

Coming soon after Carnaval, probably late March/early April. Is this usually a good time to come, I'll see you'll be there too?

I will be in Brazil according to schedule I posted above. Not decided yet is what I am doing from April 14 to 24

• Members

SSA coming wkend, hightailing out just before the major swarm (and even far more exorbitant prices) Mar1-5. Likely Ubatuba-bound to recover my arse.

Don't think I'll get to the bottom (bottom; teehee) of the São Vincente GP question though. BTW, that Q was also asked and unanswered in the Google file. And I do believe email not Whatsapp is the method to contact the venue. 

DomRep in a few weeks. 

Bogotá & BCN later Spring, probly. BC's Okanagan Valley wine country most of early summer. Using up Star Alliance points and other credits. 

• Members
17 hours ago, moonwalker said:

Coming soon after Carnaval, probably late March/early April. Is this usually a good time to come, I'll see you'll be there too?

...was at Carnaval in the mid 2000's.  ...liked Rio and its surrounding areas afterwards because the prices for lodging, I remember, were drastically decreased.  ...weather great as well, but today one can't count on steady weather patterns during these drastic climate changes.

• Members

In Rio and Sao Paulo, March 6 through 27. My very unofficial one-year exclusivity contracts with my guys have expired so I will be looking for new ones. Please accept my apologies if the new potential fitness model at Lagoa or the dreamboat from Belo Horizonte that you saw just walk through the door at 117 is suddenly taken off the market. 

• Members

I'm in Rio 19 - 30 March - arrive back in UK just before Brexit lol

Let me know if you or anyone else is in town and fancy meeting for a beer, I'm staying in Copacabana. DM me.

Also - Lufthansa have a European flight to Rio... almost half-price return tickets... booked for November! 

• Members
4 hours ago, redxs said:

Let me know if you or anyone else is in town and fancy meeting for a beer, I'm staying in Copacabana. DM me.

Also - Lufthansa have a European flight to Rio... almost half-price return tickets... booked for November! 

should have said flight sale!

• Members
On 2/26/2019 at 5:37 PM, redxs said:

The problem is not leaving just before Brexit but coming back just AFTER Brexit ;-))