mvan1

Travel by air - TSA mistreatment

• Members

Incredible and insensitive how a TSA agent was to this injured war veteran taking a flight. 

It is obvious that the guy lost his legs and part of an arm and that he could do no harm.

However, the stupid TSA agent continued to search him to the fullest allowed by the silly law.  

In a word - CRUEL 

• Members

My gut is telling me this is an anomaly. It's been my experience that certain military Vets automatically receive Pre-TSA treatment, especially if they show up at the airport in a wheelchair.

That said, the "rules" seem different at different airports. No two TSA agents think alike, if they're able or allowed to think at all. They all have bosses. It's hard to believe that any of them showed up to work for free during the government shutdown. I would have told a certain "chief" to go fuck himself.

In the age of terrorism, the concept of "security" at airports is what it is. Complaining about it won't change a thing. The minute you allow humans to make an exception, that will be the minute you meet an underwear-bomber.

Protecting planes from would-be terrorists is no easy task. There has to be a smarter way, but finding intelligence these days is also no easy task.

If you wish to avoid being confronted with utter disgust and stupidity, don't fly. Attempting to define humanity at an airport is depressing.

• Members
On 2/11/2019 at 10:21 AM, mvan1 said:

Incredible and insensitive how a TSA agent was to this injured war veteran taking a flight. 

It is obvious that the guy lost his legs and part of an arm and that he could do no harm.

However, the stupid TSA agent continued to search him to the fullest allowed by the silly law.  

In a word - CRUEL 

TSA has a difficult job. I don't think anyone sets out to be cruel. If veterans or anyone disabled automatically gets shorter searches I'm sure someone would abuse that.