TotallyOz

The New Gay Bangkok and Gay Thailand Reality

• Members
14 minutes ago, TotallyOz said:

Looks to be an overnight rate and for a visitor. I don't know of any locals that charge that. But, traveling companions can charge what they like and see if someone bites.

The rates here are about 2000 for short time and 3000 baht for overnight and that is pretty consistent in the local bars and clubs. The guys from the apps may be more or less. The guys from Moonlight more as they have good PR. But, I don't know of many locals that will be 1500 USD for an hour or an overnight.

Even for overnight is more than what he used to charge in Europe. I've been with this guy in Moscow and Paris for well under 1,000 for evening "dates" as he prefers to name them...(drinks, dinner, fun). I was surprised to see the rate hike in Asia. I wonder if there is a market for him in Asia. I will ask him next time.

1 hour ago, Europeanman said:

Even for overnight is more than what he used to charge in Europe. I've been with this guy in Moscow and Paris for well under 1,000 for evening "dates" as he prefers to name them...(drinks, dinner, fun). I was surprised to see the rate hike in Asia. I wonder if there is a market for him in Asia. I will ask him next time.

I do think there is a market for many in Asia but not at high rates. You will get a few takers but that is all it takes to make a trip successful. I saw a guy from Australia recently and he was 5,000 baht per night. I wanted to see a cute white lad so I hired him.

Its all depending on where and what and who. There is no fixed rate and also of course no announcement about price hikes (as there will be for buses and trains or even the milk or rice here). But its true average Thai fees for such service are way higher-around double-of those quoted ditto in Cambodia/Burma and even often (if available at all) for Malaysia and near 3 times as much as Indonesia. They are lower as in Japan/Korea etc-as all prices are. There Is however a general Thai market-more domestic as from visitors for what they perceive as prized guys to show off-models and the like and if farang even much better. Samesame as for expensive cars, jewels, rolex watches etc-thus also a giant copycat market for the less affluent but still willing to show off. However, many farang looking guys on pictures etc are mostly ´look kreung´=half childs, with a western father and Thai mother. Its just how the genes get distributed on chance.

The quoted 1500 is most likey confusing THB and USD. Or its a USAer who often seems to think any money anywhere is named $$.

• Members
17 hours ago, pong said:

The quoted 1500 is most likey confusing THB and USD. Or its a USAer who often seems to think any money anywhere is named $$.

He is Russian and he was asking for 1500 USD. Now his ad says ASK ME. Out of curiosity I messaged him asking his rate for 1 hour. He replied that he does not do hourly meets and that he is only available for overnights at 2500 USD. 

By the way in Europe he was asking for 300 EUR per hour. I met him twice once in Paris and once in Moscow for an evening "date" of drinks and fun at 500 EUR. In Moscow he was accompanied by an even more attractive friend. Rate stayed the same. Flat fee or promotional offer I guess :) 

Edited by Europeanman

On 1/28/2020 at 7:28 PM, paulsf said:

Shows all start between 10 and 10:30.    Things will probably be a bit slow for the next week or two.  Bangkok just coming off big holiday weeks.   But still enough going on to have a great time.  

I checked out Jupiter last night.  The guys were handsome and somewhere between muscular and twinks.  Many of them, however, were simply dancers and nothing more.  Others were straight and would only talk for tips.

Any recommendations on where I should go tonight?

16 minutes ago, Mournne64 said:

I checked out Jupiter last night.  The guys were handsome and somewhere between muscular and twinks.  Many of them, however, were simply dancers and nothing more.  Others were straight and would only talk for tips.

Any recommendations on where I should go tonight?

Freshboys, Screwboys, Luckyboys

• Members

Went back to Tawan in Nov 2019, after 12 years, and some of the guys are still the same as in 2008... I recognized many of them.  And they did not gain muscles :-p

It was OK tho, some of the guys on display are quie hot. There were pretty many patrons on the three nights I attended, coming especially for the show and then leaving. There is only one show, not anymore two like in the past.

Mamasan and the guys are not pushy.

Overall good time there. I noticed tho that some of the new bars have some very good looking guys. Can't remember the name of those places tho.

8 hours ago, inthepit3 said:

Tawan used to be a fantasy visit for me, it's disappointing that the bodybuilders aren't up to par anymore. 

I was there a few weeks back and there were some amazing bodybuilders there. Most were older than I like. But, they had lots of muscle. One was even a well-known one on the world circuit.

• Members

I was at Tawan June 2023. Much less bodybuilders than in the past. Maybe 2-3 real bodybuilders and looking totally uninterested in meeting anyone, just on their phones or talking in the back with other working guys. The place is now opposite the street in a much smaller room, because the owner of the building wanted to sell. Guys are asking around 3000-4000 THB, I could negotiate to 2500 with one. One other was like 3000 or nothing. I gave up because of the attitude and the guy prefered nothing as 2500.

One regular told me there are less bodybuilder because they now have more opportunities to work as personal trainers etc which was not the case before.