TomNg

Bogota hotel or airbnb

Hi,

I am planning a trip to Bogota and need a recommendation for a hotel or airbnb that is close to stripper bars or massage/sauna and allow guests.

I currently choose Chapinero area but am open to any recommendations.

Thanks

• Members
39 minutes ago, TomNg said:

Hi,

I am planning a trip to Bogota and need a recommendation for a hotel or airbnb that is close to stripper bars or massage/sauna and allow guests.

I currently choose Chapinero area but am open to any recommendations.

Thanks

In Bogotá, I tried two hotels. Definitely Mercure BH Zona FInanciera is my recommendation. Close to all gay attractions and it's very clean hotel with a nice room facilities. St Moritz/Gigolo is just a short walk. The other hotel is rather in the central, The Orchids. 5 star hotel and very antique and spacious room with fire place, however, too old and it was not cleaned properly, although teh breakfast was amazing. Too far from Chapiniero. Go for Mercure!

• Members

Mercure looks nice, but the penalty-free cancellation option seems to puts the price 2-3 times many decent airbnb apartments in the area. I suppose it comes down to hosting guests, always "iffy" for airbnb, but not a priority for me. Surprisingly, many of the apartments walkable to StM-GEH are huge with more bedrooms than needed. 

Edited by Riobard

• Members

There are tons of affordable Airbnbs around. An Airbnb is just as safe and gives you a lot more privacy. Check the ad first regarding remarks on visitors. I'm using exclusively Airbnb over my last 10 trips; honestly I don't understand why people bother to book a hotel. Especially the expensive chain hotels. Is that 'service' really worth it!? I just need a safe, private place to play around with those hot, Colombian studs... For the same amount of money you can have your private apartment in Chapinero or El Retriro. Sometimes I think it is an American thing to blindly book at (US)chain hotels, no offense. But look a bit further, organize yourself and be smart and you have better value for less money. Maybe I'm just a cheap Dutchie...

• Members

Technically, the hosts must register with the National Tourism Registry and Airbnb HQ supports the compliance.

I did a quick initial search of one in Chapinero and the long text description confirmed the proper registration was in place. Likely best to vet your choice accordingly. 

Edited by Riobard

• Members
17 hours ago, snwbrdr015 said:

There are tons of affordable Airbnbs around. An Airbnb is just as safe and gives you a lot more privacy. Check the ad first regarding remarks on visitors. I'm using exclusively Airbnb over my last 10 trips; honestly I don't understand why people bother to book a hotel. Especially the expensive chain hotels. Is that 'service' really worth it!? I just need a safe, private place to play around with those hot, Colombian studs... For the same amount of money you can have your private apartment in Chapinero or El Retriro. Sometimes I think it is an American thing to blindly book at (US)chain hotels, no offense. But look a bit further, organize yourself and be smart and you have better value for less money. Maybe I'm just a cheap Dutchie...

I am Japanese and have experienced both AirBnB and Hotels (big chains to boutiques). Now I prefer hotels to Airbnb. It's preference of eac person. If you find Airbnb better than hotels, then go for it. There are many factors to decide which way to go, not just price and privacy. With me, if I go back to Bogotá, I go back to Mercure. But as I said, other people wouldn't agree with my decision, but that's ok.

On 5/28/2019 at 9:42 AM, Sauter said:

In Bogotá, I tried two hotels. Definitely Mercure BH Zona FInanciera is my recommendation. Close to all gay attractions and it's very clean hotel with a nice room facilities. St Moritz/Gigolo is just a short walk. The other hotel is rather in the central, The Orchids. 5 star hotel and very antique and spacious room with fire place, however, too old and it was not cleaned properly, although teh breakfast was amazing. Too far from Chapiniero. Go for Mercure!

I just spent a week in BH Mercure. No problems in letting guys to visit you. And very close to St Moritz, indeed. There were 6 to 9 'masseurs' quite attractive, muscular and young. A good experience!!

2 hours ago, episevilla said:

I just spent a week in BH Mercure. No problems in letting guys to visit you. And very close to St Moritz, indeed. There were 6 to 9 'masseurs' quite attractive, muscular and young. A good experience!!

Thank you Episevvila and Sauter for the information.

• Members
On 5/29/2019 at 4:06 AM, Sauter said:

I am Japanese and have experienced both AirBnB and Hotels (big chains to boutiques). Now I prefer hotels to Airbnb. It's preference of eac person. If you find Airbnb better than hotels, then go for it. There are many factors to decide which way to go, not just price and privacy. With me, if I go back to Bogotá, I go back to Mercure. But as I said, other people wouldn't agree with my decision, but that's ok.

There is another possibility why US citizens might choose Hotels. Credit Card companies give away lots of points and sometimes , a Hotel is chosen because it is free and no way AirBnb can beat that price!:D. A.so people who work for big companies may roll up lots of points on business and silly to let them sit there.  When the Luxury is free, it tastes even better>