mvan1

Psycho Trump - Restricts gay flags on embassies in other countries

• Members

Most of us already know that Trump is bigoted and hateful (and crazy). 

However, last week he did something no one outside of an insane asylum would do - 

Question - what business is it of Trump which flag is on an American Embassy in foreign countries?

Read this:

U.S. Prohibits Embassy in Brazil From Flying LGBT Rainbow Flag

Posted: 08 Jun 2019 01:32 AM PDT

rainbow-flag.jpg?resize=150%2C150&ssl=1

By Contributing Reporter RIO DE JANEIRO, BRAZIL – The Donald Trump administration has banned U.S. embassies abroad, including that in Brasília, from flying the LGBT pride flag on their official flagpoles during the month of June. The information comes from NBC, citing three American diplomats. President Obama’s government had granted general permission for embassies to […]

The post U.S. Prohibits Embassy in Brazil From Flying LGBT Rainbow Flag appeared first on The Rio Times.

And this:

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/national-security/trump-admin-tells-u-s-embassies-they-can-t-fly-n1015236

Edited by mvan1

• Members
7 hours ago, kjun12 said:

I feel that Trump is one of the most despicable people in out world.  Sadly, I fear anything happening to him because waiting in the wings is Pence, who could be even worse, considering his religious fervor and anti gay stance. I'm happy that I am not living in the US at this time.

But Pence could never win a national election on his own. Unlike Trump, he has no cult following and can be easily defeated at the polls (assuming there is no election tampering from a foreign power).

• Members

You may not like Trump but the executive branch of the US government certainly has the right (and duty) to tell US embassies what and how to do most everything.

Best regards,

RA1

• Members

19 minutes ago, RA1 said:

You may not like Trump but the executive branch of the US government certainly has the right (and duty) to tell US embassies what and how to do most everything.

Best regards,

RA1

The gays have gone through hell and back again and many still suffer despite laws that are supposed to protect us. 

The previous administration in the Whitehouse encouraged placing the Pride flag along with the traditional flag, on the same pole (during Pride month).   

Hmm - Your location - Tennessee = Trump supporter.    

Despite your being considered by Trump, less of a human than you are, you still support that hateful man - shocking!

9 hours ago, RA1 said:

Best regards,

RA1

"may"??? I'm stunned and flabbergasted that a Trump supporter reads these pages. Oh, yes...wait, it's denial!

• Members

Are you all taking lessons from the so called media which cherry picks phrases or ideas not part of the factual content?  Trump has many faults.  Please name a contender that does not.

Best regards,

RA1

• Members

19 minutes ago, RA1 said:

Are you all taking lessons from the so called media which cherry picks phrases or ideas not part of the factual content?  Trump has many faults.  Please name a contender that does not.

Best regards,

RA1

"So-called media" is a condescending term used by FOX News and by Trump and by his supporters.   They use that term because they have no legitimate explanation for Trump's disgraceful behavior.  

Among many other things, Trump referred and continues to refer to immigrants that are not white as murderers, rapists and worse.  We have all repeatedly heard him spout those hideous remarks over television and in news reports.  

Despite Trump repeatedly saying horrible things about immigrants, he ignored federal laws and hired nearly thirty of these supposedly horrible people to work in his Florida facility.  He was recently outed for having "undocumented" workers at his Florida facility.  He offered no comment when caught.  Will he be fined?  Of course not.  He is above the law.  He is the president and cannot be charged with any federal crime while in office.  

Hypocrisy and dishonesty are just two words that come to mind in assessing Trump!

Our nation is in a crisis because of that horrible man.  

Our country has not been as divided as it is now since the Civil War.

Read this Huffington article that confirms Trump's numerous lies that he has repeatedly told Americans since taking office.  

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/donald-trump-washingon-post-fact-checker_n_5cc6f065e4b04eb7ff98ec18

I am bewildered at your defending a man who clearly is anti-gay and has repeatedly shown disdain for gays.  Trump's side-kick (Pence) has equal disdain for gays. 

Trump clearly hates gays and yet you defend him and his hideous behavior.  

• Members

I completely agree that the country has not been so divided since the war of yankee agression.   I am not defending Trump on his various stances against gays and others as well as other faults he has.  I am defending the office of the US President.  I am also quite willing to disregard as far as possible the current contenders.

Best regards,

RA1

• Members

16 minutes ago, RA1 said:

I completely agree that the country has not been so divided since the war of yankee agression.   I am not defending Trump on his various stances against gays and others as well as other faults he has.  I am defending the office of the US President.  I am also quite willing to disregard as far as possible the current contenders.

Best regards,

RA1

You used the term "Yankee aggression" to describe the Civil War.  

My, oh, my! 

All legitimate history books confirm the chief reason for the Civil War was because of disagreement over the enslavement of black people.  The "South" wanted to keep slavery while those "Yankees" (as you call us) wanted to end it. 

Your calling that war "Yankee aggression" certainly explains your allegiance to Trump and your view of minorities.  

Write what you want in rebuttal, I will not be responding to you again.    

Oh, and your comment "I am defending the office of the US President." is a mockery considering how Trump has abused and disgraced that office beyond repair.  

• Members

So not to sound negative and perhaps some may have great disdain for this post.

why should we expect embassies to fly the rainbow flag? What makes us unique to expect this honor.  Do they fly a Black History Month flag, do they fly Breast Cancer awareness flags/

i am not a trump supporter at all. Have to wonder what makes us think the flag should be called out.

• Members
On 6/9/2019 at 3:07 AM, SolaceSoul said:

But Pence could never win a national election on his own. Unlike Trump, he has no cult following and can be easily defeated at the polls (assuming there is no election tampering from a foreign power).

I thoroughly concur!  :D

• Members
16 minutes ago, Casteran said:

So not to sound negative and perhaps some may have great disdain for this post.

why should we expect embassies to fly the rainbow flag? What makes us unique to expect this honor.  Do they fly a Black History Month flag, do they fly Breast Cancer awareness flags/

i am not a trump supporter at all. Have to wonder what makes us think the flag should be called out.

There is significance and history associated with this flag, and it's not only used and flown in this country, it's shown in other countries as well.  ...saw this flag amongst some of the protestors in the streets of London last week.  Read the history of the flag, and perhaps you might change your stance.

9 hours ago, RA1 said:

Is there no sense of humor left in the world?

Best regards,

RA1

I am alarmed as shit at the current state of things.

I also perpetually think the world as we have it is the funniest thing you could ever get.

Just wait for the next election cycle.

The Framers were ever, and will always be, five steps ahead of us, in how they set things up to get us into, then out of, the hands of idiots.

This is what is called democracy.

B)

• Members
11 hours ago, AdamSmith said:

I am alarmed as shit at the current state of things.

I also perpetually think the world as we have it is the funniest thing you could ever get.

Just wait for the next election cycle.

The Framers were ever, and will always be, five steps ahead of us, in how they set things up to get us into, then out of, the hands of idiots.

This is what is called democracy.

B)

I don't think you mean funny, "ha ha".  Are we not already in the midst of the next election cycle?  Surely thunder is not merely Mother Nature clearing her throat.  

You seem to think the framers were special and I agree, but is there not a lot of evidence of judicial tampering with the concepts of the Constitution?  The Constitution was not intended to be written in stone and the framers provided a method to revise it, legislatively, not judicially.  What?

Best regards,

RA1

9 hours ago, RA1 said:

I don't think you mean funny, "ha ha".  Are we not already in the midst of the next election cycle?  Surely thunder is not merely Mother Nature clearing her throat.  

You seem to think the framers were special and I agree, but is there not a lot of evidence of judicial tampering with the concepts of the Constitution?  The Constitution was not intended to be written in stone and the framers provided a method to revise it, legislatively, not judicially.  What?

Best regards,

RA1

Agree with all this. The courts have certainly overstepped their intended bounds, on both ideological sides left and right, many times.

But then, Madison was the first to realize, some 20 years after the Constitutional Convention, that this danger of any branch arrogating power beyond its right was a necessary risk and condition of true democracy.

And faith that separation of powers under the Constitution would, ultimately, save us and get things back into balance.

(Mitch McConnell will not live forever. ;) )

1 hour ago, AdamSmith said:

Agree with all this. The courts have certainly overstepped their intended bounds, on both ideological sides left and right, many times.

But then, Madison was the first to realize, some 20 years after the Constitutional Convention, that this danger of any branch arrogating power beyond its right was a necessary risk and condition of true democracy.

And faith that separation of powers under the Constitution would, ultimately, save us and get things back into balance. In whatever question was under argument at the time.

(Mitch McConnell will not live forever. ;) )

• Members
16 hours ago, AdamSmith said:

Gay men (and others) should use this philosophy daily when deciding various.  Here I do not mean your big head and your little head being the two independent sources.  A contradiction in conditions.  Do I mean consult a friend before spending a LOT of money on anything?  Yes, if it would help.  

I  could not ignore the reference to "how do I tell if the order came from a sane President"?  I think the safe thing to do is assume ALL Presidents are insane to some degree and try to evaluate the situation as it appears to you.  Not always possible but still one could try.

Best regards,

RA1