Lucky

Bernie Sanders Panders

• Members

Days before the first Democratic debate, presidential candidate Bernie Sanders proposes forgiving all student loan debt. That's 1.6 Trillion Dollars!

Now how about those students who worked their way through school rather than borrow? What do they get?

And what about those who took out student loans and spent them on non-school pleasures? All forgiven?

Sanders is an idiot. This proposal shows that he is a desperate idiot.

https://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/ny-bernie-sanders-bill-student-debate-2020-20190624-lemhjmx6wfflvowt2dkgx62534-story.html

I'd love to see this. Free college for all. Free health care. Less military. Sounds like a good start to me. But, zero traction IMHO. Will never happen. These ideas will never pass. These candidate just tell people what they would love to see knowing it will be business as usual.

• Members

I'd rather a candidate panders to my self interests than Biden who won't do shit and who has a worst centrist democrat record than Kilary Clinton. He voted for Iraq, pushed TPP, voted for NAFTA, CAFTA, and open relations with China. He's an utter idiot and any Blue just won't due, I'd rather vote for Mickey Mouse over Biden.

Not sure of the other peoples views on here and don't really care.

• Members
26 minutes ago, bcdaron said:

Please tell me why you think it is unrealistic. I am genuinely curious. 

You have already stated that you do not care what others think, so why are you curious?

Best regards,

RA1

• Members
On 6/24/2019 at 9:24 AM, Lucky said:

Days before the first Democratic debate, presidential candidate Bernie Sanders proposes forgiving all student loan debt. That's 1.6 Trillion Dollars!

Now how about those students who worked their way through school rather than borrow? What do they get?

And what about those who took out student loans and spent them on non-school pleasures? All forgiven?

Sanders is an idiot. This proposal shows that he is a desperate idiot.

https://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/ny-bernie-sanders-bill-student-debate-2020-20190624-lemhjmx6wfflvowt2dkgx62534-story.html

I don't follow your logic here. For the students that worked their way through school I would say congratulations. You do have to realize that wages in the United States have been stagnant for the last 40 years. So for some people depending on when they went to school during these last 40 years the cost of college was much more attainable especially at the beginning of the those 40 years. The cost of college has increased so much that it is nearly impossible to get out of college without any debt. Additionally, just because someone receives a benefit that you may not be privy to shouldn't make you jealous. I mean plenty of people didn't get social security and then all of the sudden people started getting it, would you also agree that was wrong because the first recipients our grandparents and great grandparents certainly didn't pay fully into the system when it was first created. African Americans especially didn't get social security due to the nature of (forced) domestic work that employed a large percentage of the populace which was exempt from social security. I think it is crazy to begrudge a future generation for receiving a new benefit, so what do we say to all those kids that didn't get free lunch at public schools before, or to the people who didn't get free public school, or even free public libraries. It's silly to think a benefit to all of society hurts the ones who had a harder time previously.

Please explain what you mean by non-school pleasures. I can see stuff like crazy study abroad programs or even spending some of the college aid on beers, but I think you need to talk to current college students because that is happening a lot less than you think nowadays.

I think Sanders is a genious to question the status quo, I'm not sure why people think we can't do these things. We are the richest and most powerful country on Earth. We literally can print the money to get it done, we all know that ever since Breton-Woods we are not on the gold standard and we have had a trade deficit since 1975 and still have the biggest GDP. As long as we have a military that everyone fears and respects and are the lynch pin to global safety in trade routes, we can essentially do as we please. Additionally, his tax on trades is really well placed because it is the only place to generate that kind of revenue and it is on a part of the economy which is essentially wall street funny money with trillions in faulty derivatives and inflated government and junk bonds that are only performing due to FED quantitative easing.