cktb2793

January in Rio

My husband and I are planning to go to Rio in January for 10 days for the first time since 2008.  How is the New Lion Sauna compared to 117 and 202?  Which club is best each night of the week?  We’ve never gone during the Brazilian summer before ...... are there tons more clients than other times of the year?  Is it super busy and hard to get rooms?

Thanks in advance for any info.

12 hours ago, cktb2793 said:

My husband and I are planning to go to Rio in January for 10 days for the first time since 2008.  How is the New Lion Sauna compared to 117 and 202?  Which club is best each night of the week?  We’ve never gone during the Brazilian summer before ...... are there tons more clients than other times of the year?  Is it super busy and hard to get rooms?

Thanks in advance for any info.

Havent been to the new sauna but may go in October or December and can give you some feedback...

The Week is Saturday night.....its the main club...there are no other gay clubs...there are gay bars and occasionally gay parties during some holiday events...

January will be busy with clients since it is the peak holiday season before Carnival...there will also be more boys since they travel from all over the country to make money during January to March...

Rio has plenty of rooms and private apartments/houses....

Maybe you should use Expedia or Booking or hire a travel agent to get reserve your housing...

• Members

i always travel in january. reason is to cut european winter in half. and i do not want crowds for new year or carneval.

the plus is....  a lot of visitors from other parts of brazil, like belo horizonte, and local tourists mostly like to earn additional reais....

no problem. not owercrowded for my taste.  with exeption of sunday beach in ipanema.  this is crazy.