Riobard

Eats around Espaço Lagoa, São Paulo

• Members

The first time I went to Lagoa a sociable local took me up north to this eatery for a late night meal. I was staying in Jardins not far away.

It was wildly popular and busy. Hearty fare, decadent desserts. It is open 24 hours! You can access online a ‘read’ of real time relative to average degree of busyness. 

Bon appetit.

E6080784-B6FD-4149-AF9E-D09E6045C842.jpeg

• Members
23 hours ago, floridarob said:

http://www.restaurantespot.com.br/

Probably the best restaurant I've eaten in Brasil. You need a reservation or be there right when they open to get a seat.

Looks like a fantastic menu. If you are dining solo there also seems to be a half dozen barstool sittings. That is another sign of a thoughtful flourish if the place is full. 

• Members
On 10/27/2019 at 12:57 PM, Riobard said:

The first time I went to Lagoa a sociable local took me up north to this eatery for a late night meal. I was staying in Jardins not far away.

It was wildly popular and busy. Hearty fare, decadent desserts. It is open 24 hours! You can access online a ‘read’ of real time relative to average degree of busyness. 

Bon appetit.

Bella paulista is a great place...also very good gay eye candy :)

• Members
On 10/29/2019 at 12:08 PM, floridarob said:

http://www.restaurantespot.com.br/

Probably the best restaurant I've eaten in Brasil. You need a reservation or be there right when they open to get a seat.

OMG, thanks @floridarob! Two locations but the off-Paulista (Bela Vista) one where I was floored by the hot servers I am sure is your fave. And when you come up for air the grub is great too! I had taken it para levar to share with a really sweet guy at his pad nearby. This was lunch service up to 15:00 h.

Plastic cutlery restricted. Because they deliver unrestricted according to guest volume, you have the option to go in and take away yourself. It is in a plaza where I suppose you could eat al frescoe if you have the necessary accoutrements. 

• Members
On 10/28/2019 at 12:57 AM, Riobard said:

Bon appetit.

Based on my pre covid-19 experience,  this place is super crowded during late night hours. There is usually a long line waiting for tables, and the tables are tiny and are very close to each others. There is absolutely no privacy for conversations, your neighbors on the adjacent tables can hear everything you say, and if you speak English, you can be sure the neighbors will pay extra attention to your conversation.

Edited by Walker

• Members
On 8/6/2020 at 5:18 AM, Riobard said:

It appears that Spot has survived. Perhaps it will do better if it can split its 6 hours of permissible opening duration and add a dinner service. 

AFBBA3C1-A619-4D5D-A40C-94E0DE8C2234.jpeg

Yes, they have handsome and preppy looking male servers, all attentive and polite, and speak English very well.

Edited by Walker

• Members
On 8/20/2020 at 11:12 PM, floridarob said:

FINALLY found decent pizza in SP

https://www.veridiana.com.br/

They have a location, very pretty and great service not far from Lagoa.

Indeed very pretty with the candles, and romantic with the piano playing live. But it is so dark there that we need to use mobile phone flashlights to read the menu. Their servers don't speak English.

3 hours ago, Walker said:

Indeed very pretty with the candles, and romantic with the piano playing live. But it is so dark there that we need to use mobile phone flashlights to read the menu. Their servers don't speak English.

Menus on your cell phone now after scanning a QR code...waiter was very good, but difficult to hear with his mask. He offered to do 1 pizza with 3 of their most popular topping, divided into sections. So got to try 3 pizzas in one.