RockHardNYC

A RuPaul VENT! The disgrace of Sherry Pie.

• Members

Could someone please answer me this: What kind of fucking DRAG is this?

sub-buzz-490-1583467242-1.jpg?downsize=7

I know I'm going to sound old and old-fashioned, but I remember a time when drag was all about passing, and I'm not talking flatulence. Lip-syncing aside, if you were a guy who could pass as a girl on stage, you were automatically given drag queen props for your "beauty" talent. What on earth happened to that concept?

Yes, we had DIVINE, but there was only one DIVINE, just like there's only one John Waters.

Drag today seems to have gone the way of the Met Fashion Gala. Life in the age of Trump is a CIRCUS and everyone must be in an outrageous costume when the only objective is the goal to be noticed. But now the goal is more desperate, stand out among every other tacky clown that exists and see if you can steal your 15 minutes.

Well, Drag Race contestant Sherry Pie made her mark, alright. She thought her desperate, predatory behavior to acquire mancock was not going to follow her in the shadow of her national TV spotlight. She actually thought that faking a position as a casting agent for the purpose of luring young, vulnerable actors into showing cock on video was going to enhance her career. How does anyone seeking credible fame define stupid? Let's hope Ms. Pie saved enough money along the way (what are the chances of that?), because she stands to get hit by any number of lawsuits. Keep your eyes on the Go-Fund-Me campaign soon to come.

RuPaul's Drag Race has been on TV for twelve seasons. When it comes to realness, Drag Race jumped the shark ten seasons ago. Where else could one expect a circus for misfits to go? How desperate for contestants must they be if predator Sherry Pie could slip through the ass crack and bypass any and all scrutiny required to be a viable contestant? After all, the show does have sponsors. No matter what you look like as a guy, as long as you can paint, sew, and sashay, you too can be a star, thanks to can-I-get-an-Amen RuPaul.

Of course Pie's social media apology pointed to mental health issues that went long untreated, opting to spend her money on make-up, wigs, and bolts of fabric instead. Had she only loved herself more, as her time on the show taught her, she might have prevented this personal disaster from collapsing upon her.

In the meantime, this Emmy-winning show (oh those voting queens in Hollywood) is teaching America what gays are all about. A quick read of the comment section on TMZ, and you'd think all gays behave like this and are doomed to hell.

No wonder Pete Buttigieg didn't stand a chance. At least we avoided the Republicans going negative with their slew of anal-punching videos at the ready.

'RUPAUL'S DRAG RACE'   Season 12 Contestant Booted OVER CATFISHING SCANDAL

"Drag Race" Star Sherry Pie Apologized After Five Actors Said She Catfished Them

Edit: But then again, the cynical among us are claiming it's all fake. Just another contrived controversy to pump Ru's slacking viewership numbers. Who would care about a fake drag queen story? Isn't everything about drag fake anyway?

Edited by RockHardNYC

• Members

I think it's time for a little levity…

Much to my surprise, Episode 2 of Drag Race Season 12 introduces Sherry Pie. The contestants were split up between two-part episodes, I guess to arouse excitement in the limp-wristed ratings. And with that introduction came the VH1-World of Wonder disclaimer:

j2yteiw365l41.jpg

I find this whole scan-dowell fascinating.

Season 12 was filmed in 2019. Why did they (VH1 and World of Wonder) wait until March 2020 to announce that Sherry Pie had been disqualified? Fans are questioning why she was allowed to go as far as she did. Sherry Pie ended up winning on Episode 2, and they awarded her $5000 (which they claim has since been donated to charity).

The real question is: was this a fake publicity stunt? Totally pre-planned? The show is losing watchers, and drag queens love their dose of DRAMA. Is there a better way to attract dramatic attention to this tired drag fest?

Unless the so-called "seven accusers" come forward and go public in some meaningful way, couldn't they all be paid participants in a PR blitz? Do any of them really need to go public? If they are all fake, will anyone know or care?

On the surface, it doesn't make sense why Sherry Pie/Joey Gugliemelli would agree to tarnish her reputation in this way, but let's get real: THIS IS DRAG. Does a tarnished reputation in drag EVER effect anyone?

In this age of Trump, there really is no such thing as bad publicity (unless your drag name is COVID-19). Sherry Pie may not be eligible for the final win, but if this ending was part of the mix from the very beginning, what has she lost? She got much more than 15 minutes, and she can milk this for as long as she desires. And who knows how much RuPaul paid her to participate in this PR blitz, if that's what actually happened?

The bottom line: as homely, campy, and theatrical as her drag is, Sherry Pie seems to project sincere talent.

maxresdefault.jpg

And perhaps a lot of talent.

Who will care that she'll be forever known as the predatory queen who attempted to trap cute male actors into masturbating for her on video? Hip-hip-hooray for Joey Gugliemelli! What a super way to get free cock in your Inbox. You did it, girl! You go!

Here’s How RuPaul’s Drag Race Is Dealing With Its Sherry Pie Problem