Lucky

Homophobe Hospital In Central Park!

• Members

An evangelical group led by right-winger Franklin Graham has set up a hospital tent in New York's Central Park. One can argue that in the pandemic we need help from every corner, but many are wary of Samaritan's Purse:

From Huffpost.com: A staunch ally of President Donald Trump, Graham has repeatedly sparked controversy for inflammatory remarks about the LGBTQ community. Previously, he’s suggested that welcoming LGBTQ people into churches or Christian households is akin to allowing Satan to “devour our homes.”

In 2014, he praised Russian President Vladimir Putin’s anti-LGBTQ agenda. Last year, he denounced former Democratic presidential candidate Pete Buttigieg for being a gay man of faith. 

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/franklin-graham-coronavirus-field-hospital-lgbtq-backlash_n_5e8361f7c5b62dd9f5d6923e

Franklin is one of the biggest human turds on earth.

His own father delivered one of the most quietly cutting condemnations I have ever heard. When a journalist asked Billy what he thought about his son calling Islam “very wicked and evil,” Billy simply replied, “I have many friends in that part of religion.”

• Members
1 hour ago, AdamSmith said:

Franklin is one of the biggest human turds on earth.

His own father delivered one of the most quietly cutting condemnations I have ever heard. When a journalist asked Billy what he thought about his son calling Islam “very wicked and evil,” Billy simply replied, “I have many friends in that part of religion.”

I remember attending a public conversation between Billy Graham and Boston's Cardinal Cushing at Boston College  Billy Graham was basically a good guy, unlike his son.

3 hours ago, Buddy2 said:

I remember attending a public conversation between Billy Graham and Boston's Cardinal Cushing at Boston College  Billy Graham was basically a good guy, unlike his son.

I think that, unlike many of his peers, he was motivated by love not hate.

He also wrote in his autobiography that he had basically no interest in the arguments among what he called “different ecclesiastical systems,” i.e., various Christian denominations major and minor.

He went even further on a few occasions into the universality of God, such as once saying, “I have met many Buddhists who live a far more Christ-like life than some of our professed Christian brothers and sisters.”

• Members

Voices are rising in opposition to the homophobic policies of this group:

New York state senator Brad Hoylman said. “That said, the federal government has put us in the unfortunate position of having to accept charity from bigots like Franklin Graham and at the very least I think it’s government’s responsibility to ensure that he follows the law.”

Hoylman has requested that the Mount Sinai hospital network ask Samaritan’s Purse staff to sign a non-discrimination agreement acknowledging their understanding of New York’s human rights law. But he still fears the organisation’s presence in the city will cause “incalculable” damage.

“I do fear that we’ve given Franklin Graham a platform in one of the most famous pieces of public land in the country to spew his hatred of LGBTQ people, and unfortunately at the same time legitimise his homophobia,” Hoylman said.

The Guardian article in total: https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/apr/19/questions-mount-over-christian-group-behind-central-park-covid-19-hospital

• Members
1 hour ago, Buddy2 said:

When Fox's Laura Ingraham interviewed Graham a few days again, she mentioned sending a check to his religious group.

Disgusting!

That is her right but I do not agree with Franklin's pronouncements.

Best regards,

RA1

• Members
4 hours ago, Lucky said:

Nutcase preacher Pat Robertson seems to think COVID is God's punishment for homosexuality and abortion!

If you can stomach it...

https://www.towleroad.com/2020/04/pat-robertson-covid-19/

Seriously who is still listening to this nutcase?  Also, he's revamped this exact bullshit at least a half dozen times now, it's like Elton John with Candle in the Wind.