RockHardNYC

"Trump is Falsely Masculine"

• Members
1 hour ago, RockHardNYC said:

I absolutely disagree, and can't imagine how anyone could reach that conclusion.

"You cannot address racism without addressing capitalism." Why not? How does Capitalism encourage racism? I know plenty of smart, creative Black business owners who are living the American dream, thanks to Capitalism and the ease of doing business in America. One of them happens to be a proud Capitalist Shark.

Racism may affect which bank owner loans you money, but if you are Black, smart, and creative, Capitalist America is the best place to start and grow a business.

That sounds exactly like what Nixon and Reagan said. But the Democratic Party ideal was that a working person would make livable wages; enough to support a family of 4. Today 30 million black people struggle to support their own livelihood, much less a family on the wages of even 2, and certainly not the wages of 1. The Republican/New Democrat solution to the problem is to improve appearances by giving money to a very few blacks to reach the 1% and now we even have a black billionaire- Robert Johnson. But it's window dressing to disguise the fact that the overwhelming majority of blacks live in capitalism's bowels. Under capitalism labor and people are just another commodity to get for the cheapest price possible. There's no humanism.

Edited by tassojunior

• Members
1 hour ago, tassojunior said:

That sounds exactly like what Nixon and Reagan said.

That's very funny. The first time someone has ever accused me of sounding like Nixon and Reagan. Not buying it.

1 hour ago, tassojunior said:

it's window dressing to disguise the fact that the overwhelming majority of blacks live in capitalism's bowels.

Capitalism is not the problem. I am a proud Capitalist, and there is nothing anyone can say that will change that. I have conducted business in other countries and cultures. I will take American business laws, regulations, and freedom any day over those other foreign experiences.

IMO, education ranks high as a priority problem, and I have no difficulty agreeing with those who believe that a majority of poor Blacks have been left behind when it comes to education. There are a lot of reasons why Blacks (and their families, if they have one) do not take their education opportunities seriously. The reasons are complicated and cultural, and yes, I'm sure racism is a part of that.

When Blacks (or any other minorities) learn how to build a business and make Capitalism work for them, they have the ability to thrive. Some people learn how to thrive without a formal education, but that group is quite small. There are a fair number of millionaires who built their success without a college diploma. A gifted mind comes in all shapes, sizes, and skin colors. However, a good education is not available to all, and a high number of minorities see no point when the fight is so hard.

IMO, all opportunity starts with education. No matter your race or family circumstances, if you commit your time and brain to learning, you can be just about anything you aspire to be.