ihpguy

Forget Réveillon

• Members

It has been announced that the festivities on the Copacabana Beach will not be taking place. Will Carnaval be next? I cannot imagine the Sambódromo either in Rio de Janeiro or Sāo Paulo hosting the desfiles/parades. Supposedly the sauna/hotel Chili Pepper has permanently closed. No one here had posted anything but I was told that country passed a law that ended at the end of June 2020. Any renter of a space for residential or commercial purposes was able to cancel their contract with zero financial penalty. Now that places have reopened for the moment, it is sad to pass by my regular restaurants and not have them open for business. Not even for pickup and delivery.

Edited by ihpguy

• Members
13 hours ago, Bucknaway1614502762 said:

For the most part I think we all know we are taking our chances on the streets of Brazil.  I'm sad for your bad luck. 

Bad Luck? Why? He is in Rio and he is healthy. Bad luck is when you get locked in DC during summer.

tenor.gif

At least I went for a hike today, after 3 weeks of being locked down.

• Members

I was not talking only about sex. DC is just a horrible place to be at in summer with a pandemic.

Not only Grindr. Actually also Scruff and A4A work quite well and have a generous provision of young guys into older guys. However, I am avoiding sex. In the last 4 months I hooked up only 3 times. To avoid temptations, I keep my apps logged out. I only log on when I am too horny to respect physical distancing.

7 hours ago, Bucknaway1614502762 said:

Hey!  I thought DC was chocolate city?  I'm looking at Grindr and can't find but a few black guys near Dupont circle

You are outdated. Gentrification has radically changed the city. If you want Black and Latino guys, look in DC NE and SE, and check the surroundings. Before the pandemic, I was having many hook ups with college guys in NW around Howard University and in Hyatsville and South Maryland in general.

Having been to more than a few Carnivals, I hope it is cancelled. Too many people and too much contact. Unless there is an effective vaccine before then. Most places are cancelling all main events. In Thailand, Songkran was cancelled. In USA, the president wants to cancel the elections. :)   But, for Rio, I do hope that everything on large scale is cancelled. I'd be curious of the Brazil President starts to see things differently after his diagnosis.