Riobard

Updated CoV exposure metrics Brazil

• Members

Novel coronavirus event exposure by N persons collectively or cumulatively based on point prevalence today in Brazil. 

5        7.3%

10      14.0%

20      26.1%

30       36.5%

40        45.4%

50        53.0 % (approximately coin-toss odds)
———-

153 persons ... 90.0 %

Incorporates national average ascertainment bias of 5.3 multiple in formula numerator; risk probabilities increase in regions with higher ratio of true prevalence to case report prevalence.

Obviously Aruba is a shit show (courtesy of foreign national host imports) and Argentina riskier than Brazil. 

Edited by Riobard

• Members
7 minutes ago, Latbear4blk said:

Surviving is not the major concern, at least for me. It looks like about 40% of infected, even when having very mild symptoms, develops heart pathologies, some of them life threatening even for the younger.

I wonder if they suffered the effects from the treatment or the illness?

• Members
40 minutes ago, Bucknaway1614502762 said:

If you show up in the hospital they treat you with medications.  They don't just put you in a hospital bed and say good luck. If that were the case they could just put you out and say next.

For severe COVID-19 illness, hospital treatment is care to support lung and other vital organ functions.

You’re suggesting that respirators and ventilators, and not the actual complications due to COVID-19, are the cause of death for those with serious advanced COVID -19 illness?

Or are you asserting that clinical trials of Remdesivir and convalescent plasma are killing hospitalized COVID patients?

Here is Mount Sinai’s current protocol for treatment for patients with COVID-19. Why don’t you take a look and tell us which currently medically approved procedure for managing the care of patients infected with COVID-19 is, in your opinion, actually their cause of death. 

https://www.mountsinai.org/files/MSHealth/Assets/HS/About/Coronavirus/MSHS-Treatment-Guidelines-COVID.pdf

• Members

Treatment is anything they can charge you for to reduce the symptoms related to covid and to keep you alive.  I suggested nothing, I said treatment and you read it as cure....  

Medical treatment means the management and care of a patient to combat disease or disorder. Medical treatment includes: All treatment not otherwise excluded (below). Using prescription medications, or use of a non-prescription drug at prescription strength.

10 hours ago, SolaceSoul said:

For severe COVID-19 illness, hospital treatment is care to support lung and other vital organ functions.

You’re suggesting that respirators and ventilators, and not the actual complications due to COVID-19, are the cause of death for those with serious advanced COVID -19 illness?

Or are you asserting that clinical trials of Remdesivir and convalescent plasma are killing hospitalized COVID patients?

Here is Mount Sinai’s current protocol for treatment for patients with COVID-19. Why don’t you take a look and tell us which currently medically approved procedure for managing the care of patients infected with COVID-19 is, in your opinion, actually their cause of death. 

https://www.mountsinai.org/files/MSHealth/Assets/HS/About/Coronavirus/MSHS-Treatment-Guidelines-COVID.pdf

• Members
29 minutes ago, Bucknaway1614502762 said:

Treatment is anything they can charge you for to reduce the symptoms related to covid and to keep you alive.  I suggested nothing, I said treatment and you read it as cure....  

Medical treatment means the management and care of a patient to combat disease or disorder. Medical treatment includes: All treatment not otherwise excluded (below). Using prescription medications, or use of a non-prescription drug at prescription strength.

The bottom line is that by bringing up what seems to be relatively low death rates, it stroke me as though you were diminishing the seriousness of COVID19 and the current pandemic. I apologize if I misunderstood.

I am willing to take some risks, what does not mean I am a denier or omnipotent. If you are willing to take risks, do not trick yourself by refusing to see how bad this threat is. Otherwise, you will not keep your defenses up and could make a fatal mistake.