RockHardNYC

Leslie Jones and the Corporate Assholes at NBC.

• Members

If ever there was a year where the Olympics needed all the help it could get, THIS IS THE YEAR. But, no, NBC had to go and fuck things up, probably because of greed, probably because of ego. Was Leslie Jones really a threat to their $7.75 billion broadcasting rights? I sincerely doubt it. Why didn't they simply put her on payroll and support her efforts, which the athletes and the fans seem to enjoy?

Now, after this completely unnecessary public brouhah, NBC is finally saying OK to Leslie. However, it's difficult to put an ugly cat back in the bag once the cat has destroyed the bag and the ugly is out there for all to see.

It will be interesting to see if Leslie can forgive NBC and resume her Olympics social media.

NBC says Leslie Jones can keep offering her commentary on the Olympics.

• Members

The NYTimes has a paywall...I'm enjoying not watching the Olympics.

This from Yahoo...

NBC Sports Says Leslie Jones Free To Continue Olympic Tweeting After “Third-Party Error” Resolved

• Leslie Jones
    Leslie Jones
    American comedian and actress

0b307575baf41f66f2049a0e8166acc0

Updated Throughout, Tuesday Apparently Leslie Jones may now Olympic-tweet to her heart’s content. In a statement to press Monday night, NBC Sports said the video-blocking Jones complained of yesterday was nothing but “a third-party error.”

“This was the result of a third-party error, and the situation has been resolved,” an NBC Sports spokesperson said in the statement. “She is free to do her social media posts as she has done in the past. She is a super fan of the Olympics, and we are super fans of her.”

Earlier on Monday, former Saturday Night Live cast member and enthusiastic Olympics tweeter Jones wrote on social media that the 2022 Beijing Winter games might be the last in which she’ll provide her now-unofficial but popular commentary. “Leslie Jones does [not] stay anywhere I’m not welcomed,” she posted.

Jones, who has been tweeting her comic reactions to Olympic games since the 2016 Rio competitions, wrote on Instagram and Twitter Monday that she is “tired of fighting the folks who don’t want me to do it.”

In response to various comments on her Twitter page, Jones explained that trolls aren’t the problem. “It’s NBC,” she responded, repeatedly.

Specifically, Jones writes on the Instagram post, “They block my videos and they get folks who think they can do it like me. And I’m tired of fighting them. I love the athletes and they love me doing it. And I know y’all love it. But now it’s just gotten too hard. And no one is fighting for or with me. Soooo I guess I’ll leave it to the professionals. But thank you for all the love.”

When Jones was a cast member on NBC’s SNL in 2016, the network made her an NBC Olympics correspondent.

Leslie Jones does it stay anywhere I’m not welcomed. #uptoyallnow pic.twitter.com/jark0Joc0N

— Leslie Jones 🦋 (@Lesdoggg) February 7, 2022