Phoenixblue

Life of a sex worker in Thailand.

4 hours ago, Phoenixblue said:

So this on Youtube and thought it might be an interesting one to see. Mind you it's a lady sex worker describing her experience. I don't know if male workers are the same?

Even though not directly connected to the video, can any of you helm me find the title of a book regarding the life of a Bangkok or Pattaya money boy? It should be along the lines of : "Confessions/Diary/Life of a Thai/Pattaya/Bangkok money boy". I remember seeing it at a bookstore at Changi's airport while on a long layover during my first or second trip to Thailand, so around 2009-2010. It was written in first person and would tell his story from his childhood, to him discovering being gay to start working as a money boy. I've been googling about it many times and can't seem to find the title.

32 minutes ago, Londoner said:

"Bangkok Boy" by Chai Pinit. The memoires (as told to....) of a guy older posters may remember from Soi Twilight. Published by Maverick House.

Thanks so much @Londoner. I think is that one. Just saw the cover on Amazon. I've been trying to find for years. It just pops up in my mind from time to time. Amazing that some people in here know the guy and might have even made use of his services at the time. I guess I want to read the book first before asking how he is doing now (if he is still alive).

35 minutes ago, PeterRS said:

Crystal Boys is the famous book about growing up gay in 1970s Taipei. A fascinating book and a look back into what life was like in the bad old days! It has been made into a TV series.

@PeterRSI have seen that show. Quite a shock for a guy who only knows the current opened and tolerant Taiwan.