TotallyOz

Night Boys in Bangkok

I wandered into Night Boys last night as a first time. The gogo bar is located down the road from Soi Twilight. If you are facing all the bars, it is to your right before you enter the gay area. There is a sign out front. You then walk down a small corridor to the bar. They had a very nice selection of boys and a friendly atmosphere. The bar seems to cater mostly to Thai's as we were there for about an hour and the only Farangs in the place.

If you are looking for a nice out of the way bar, give this place a try.

I didn't realize that Night Boys was still open. I think it opened about a year ago and it was aggressively touted by guys at the entrance to Boy Plaza and I think there was a sign outside.

When I went there the Mamasan was familiar from another bar and they had a lot of boys, tending to small and a bit camp. The place was grotty and had quickly been converted from a previous incarnation - it used to be a late night drinking bar that was very gay friendly.

I thought - Ah a bar that has got it's priorities right and has lots of boys and worries about the decor least.

Guest catawampuscat

I also made it over to Night Boys very recently and was surprised how crowded the place was and that there were many boys working.. Very few farangs and all the customers seemed to be Asian and lots of setups and bottles and lots of boys drinking and having fun.. The boys ran from small to very tall and from very butch to very fem..I like a good mix and it seemed to have someone for everyone..

Only complaint was the volume of the music was too loud and the quality of the sound was less than

average...check it out

I have read that the mamasan in Night Boys can be very pushy. Were they?

Actually yes. I told her in the beginning I did not need her help. When she asked for a drink I said, "Are you fucking kidding me? Leave me alone." She moved on. I got a boy over and had a drink with him. I offed him. Again, she asked for a tip. I said again, "Are you fucking kidding me?"

I would not have been so rude years ago but after living here for a long time, I know. I did not get rude until the 3 time she asked for a drink. But, that did not spoil my experience there.

Funny story. I ran into a boy from Pattaya there with a Farang. He was sitting and smiled to say hi to me when he saw me. The Farang chasticed him. The boy my friend had with him was also from Pattaya and was with the Farang 2 days before on a trip. LOL. I guess it is a small world.

Oh my gosh! More urine? Well, I can't comment on that one, having never been there, but GayThailand brings up a very important point . . . pushy mama-sans. That can be very intimidating to first-timers in Thailand's gay bars, especially when they do not know how things work or what they can and cannot do.

I'm sure many readers here have suggestions as to how to handle that sort of situation, and I hope they will post their suggestions. For the benefit of newbies, how do you handle it when you find yourself dealing with a pushy mama-san?