reader

Secret hidden bars in Bangkok

The Thaiger published an article about 10 "secret hidden bars" in Bangkok today. Although most are in the upscale areas of Sukhumvit, a few are in waking distance of Silom. One of them (Smalls) in Suan Plu was recommended to me over five years ago and I've enjoyed the music, refreshments and atmosphere ever since.

Secret bar in Bangkok called Smalls Bar

Address: 186, 3-4 Suan Phlu 1 Alley, Thung Maha Mek, Sathon, Bangkok 10120

Opening hours: Tuesday, closed

Wednesday – Monday: 6:00 PM – 2:00 AM

Venture to Suan Phlu Soi 1 to uncover Smalls Bar, an eclectic, three-story venue housed in a restored 1960s shophouse. To find this hidden treasure, look for the inconspicuous black door with a small golden sign. Inside, you’ll discover a fusion of Parisian, New Orleans, and Bangkok-inspired décor, as well as a rooftop terrace with stunning city views. The innovative cocktail menu and rotating art exhibitions combine to create a captivating atmosphere, perfect for a memorable night out.

============

The Speakeasy Rooftop Bar

Perched atop the luxurious Hotel Muse Bangkok, The Speakeasy Rooftop Bar offers a sophisticated and enticing escape from the city’s bustling streets. This stylish venue, drawing inspiration from the Prohibition era, effortlessly transports its guests back in time to the 1920s, an era where glamour and mystery abound. Moreover, in addition to its exquisite libations, The Speakeasy Rooftop Bar also presents a delectable array of tapas and small plates, perfect for sharing with friends or a special someone.

To view the others:

https://thethaiger.com/guides/10-secret-hidden-bars-in-bangkok

Just to add I have been more than a dozen times to The Muse Hotel's Speakeasy Bar on Lang Suan (about 200 meters down from Chidlom BTS). It's a great space and the service and food offerings are excellent. I just wish it would return to its pre-covid system of offering substantial discounts on food if you arrrived early. So, a major discount of about 50% if you arrived by 6:30, the discount reducing until around 8:00 pm.