Gaybutton

Another one caught...making his own videos with a 12 year old

In my opinion only of course.

Why don't you tell us how you really feel?

I hate to break the news, but my post was in response to Laurence's post, not yours. I used what you had written as an example of needless fear and it is needless fear. Your diatribe has absolutely nothing to do with the reality here, no matter how many paragraphs you write. Write a book for all I care.

I'm sorry if it upsets you, but I stand firm by what I've said . . . conjuring up scenarios that don't exist, have never existed, and without evidence of any kind that they ever will exist is my idea of bullshit and remains my idea of bullshit. As I said, until any of these scenarios actually happen, then you are trying to convince people, and apparently yourself, to fear probabilities and possibilities that don't exist.

You call me naive. Ok, since you have labeled me as such, then I hope you don't mind me countering by labeling you as paranoid. There is no justification for your position other than what you are making up with no evidence whatsoever that any of the things you say could happen, will happen. I, on the other hand, have the evidence of no such things ever having happened and so far nothing has occurred to suggest they ever will happen. If that makes me naive, then I'm naive.

The way I see it, trying to convince people not to go to the bars at which under-age boys are employed because the police may, after all these years, start arresting farang for being in there is no different from advising people to avoid Phuket because a tsunami occurred there. Actually that advice would make more sense. At least that advice would be based on something that has actually happened. That's a little different from the fears about going to certain bars, considering that nothing has ever happened.

You wrote ". . . a sudden change of future policy towards the customers or patrons of bars engaging in employment of underage boys............ " What sudden change is that? What has changed? Have you heard about any farang being arrested while patronizing a bar? I haven't. Have you seen so much as one news article that says the authorities intend to start cracking down on farang patronizing bars at which under-age boys are employed? If you have, please share it with us. I missed it. Can you cite so much as one law, regulation, city ordinance, or anything at all that says it's illegal for a farang to be in a bar at which under-age boys are employed? Has there been even a suggestion by the police or authorities not to patronize those bars? I missed that too.

If you truly believe that the picture you paint is going to happen, then the solution for you is very simple: Don't go to the bars. That's all you have to do. Then you won't have anything to worry about, will you?

3. No farang has ever been arrested as a result of taking a boy off from a bar.

I seem to remember a stage back arund 2001/2002 where somebody would get arrested once a month in the short time rooms in the old Amigo/Leo bar (what is now Don Plaza)

Ok i know thats not taking somebody "off" its taking someone sort time upstairs... but mamasans and waiters are always keen for the customers to take a boy "upstairs" and there have been planty of arrests for this

Alaan, I do not believe you will be arrested for being in a bar with underage boys. However, I stay away from those bars because I do not like to see that going on. Some bars have boys 14- and that is just to much for me to be around. Frankly, it pisses me off. Yes, come to Pattaya but check out boys town where I have not seen any underage boys (However, I have only spent 2 week in Pattaya in six years of coming to Thailand), or go to Sunee bars like Happy boys, Crazy Dragon and several others that will not employ underage boys.

Just walk in a bar look around, spot the youngest looking boy and ask to see his ID. If he is underage split. That is what I have done on both visits to Pattaya. By the way I hgihly recommend Happy Boys, it is a great go-go bar.

Also several good host bars in Sunee and host bars in Jomtien without kiddies in them.

Relax...........................................and enjoy yourself

I seem to remember a stage back arund 2001/2002 where somebody would get arrested once a month in the short time rooms in the old Amigo/Leo bar (what is now Don Plaza)

It wasn't quite as often as that, but just for the record I did point that out in an earlier post on this thread:

Once in a while I have heard of arrests when bars were raided and a farang was caught with an under-age boy in the bar's short time room, but it's been about ten years since I last heard of such an arrest.

The periodic warnings about the underage bar problem hopefully serve to warn newbies of the problem. Everybody has their own personal safety level and I suppose I'd be more concerned about the issue for myself if I was in Pattaya (or, sometimes, Bangkok or Chiangmai). Here, in Hua Hin, the problem thankfully doesn't exist (at least I have never seen it nor have I heard about it).

The Thai government, if it chose, could take dramatic steps to substantially eliminate the problem but, for whatever reason, there's an occasional arrest and occasional action versus any genuine tackling of the problem. Most or all of us have easily seen it before without looking - whereas the Thai cops just can't seem to see it even if they allegedly are looking for it (and the prior knowledge of bars on occasion that the cops will be coming surely isn't related to any clairvoyance!). My only conclusion on that is that there's just too much tea money involved.

Don't do it and stay away from it as best you can. Other than that, there's really nothing much any of us can do about it (other than, of course, repeatedly debate the issue amongst ourselves). I have no problem with the continual discussion other than the rare poster who suggests we are excusing or condoning the activity if we don't do this or that about it and/or if we don't issue strong condemnations every time the issue is mentioned.

Guest gwm4sian

GB and others have consistently advocated checking ID cards of boys to make sure they are of 'legal' age. However, one piece of information I picked up yesterday that I don't remember hearing before was that a Thai cannot get an ID card until he reaches his 15th birhday - 3 years before he can legally work in a bar.

So, no ID card could mean under 15 - a definite danger signal.

Also, how much do boys faces change from 15 to 18? I don't know the answer to that one, but it would sure as hell make me more suspicious if a boy produced an ID card with a photo that was not recognisably him, knowing that the photo was not more than 3 or so years old.

(Another trick if you are unsure of an ID card is to ask the boy, whilst you are holding his card, what his date of birth is. If he has just grabbed someone else's card he probably won't know the DOB, and will automatically answer with his own day/month)

Guest Astrrro

On my "I don't get it list" is how a bar owner could employ boys under 18 (or as one poster mentioned under 15) and not constantly worry about doing jail time.

OK, they're making payoffs, but if the posters here are worried about simply having a drink in a bar, how could they not be worried as a bar owner.

(Another trick if you are unsure of an ID card is to ask the boy, whilst you are holding his card, what his date of birth is. If he has just grabbed someone else's card he probably won't know the DOB, and will automatically answer with his own day/month)

I was with a close friend one evening and he actually did that. He asked the boy to show his ID card. The boy disappeared momentarily to get it. As soon as the boy proudly handed it over, Geezer asked him his birth date. The boy had no idea. End of off . . .

I also didn't know that Thais can't get ID cards until they are 15. That's definitely interesting.

Guest Astrrro

Or ask him before he borrows the card.

Guest GaySacGuy

Do any of you really think that the guys arrested were looking for a boy 18, and mistakenly ended up with a boy under 15.....Give me a Break!!

These are people who were looking for underage boys in the first place! There is no way that someone who is looking for a legal age boy is trolling the underage areas in the wee hours. They are looking for kids, and finding them!!!

Guest Geezer
Or ask him before he borrows the card.

Eureka!

Many bars have learned that I will ask the boys their birthday after they present the card to me. Boys now note the birthday on the card before showing it to me . I have been wrestling with this subterfuge for several years, but have been unable to devise a way to thwart it.

Astrrro, your solution is so simple.

I thought of writing, “Why couldn’t I have thought of that?, but I was afraid someone would give the obvious answer -- Geezer is not intelligent enough.

There, I beat you to it.

Guest Astrrro

Hey Geezer, Here's an even trickier tactic.

There may be some boys who have a permanently borrowed ID. If you ask their birthday they may be on guard, but perhaps in light banter you can say I was born in the year of the snake, are you year of the moo or year of the ling?

Guest Geezer
Hey Geezer, Here's an even trickier tactic.

There may be some boys who have a permanently borrowed ID. If you ask their birthday they may be on guard, but perhaps in light banter you can say I was born in the year of the snake, are you year of the moo or year of the ling?

Astrrro, several years ago I posted all the ways I knew to verify that an ID card belonged to a boy; none were foolproof. I then asked others to submit ideas, but there were none of any value. Most were along the line of, “Ask the mamasan”, or “Look at the photo”.

Where were you then?

Guest Astrrro
Where were you then?

Probably snuggled up with my ladyboy du jour. :D

Ladyboy IDs are even trickier since their pic seldom looks likes them.

Guest naughtybutnice
I also didn't know that Thais can't get ID cards until they are 15. That's definitely interesting.

GB. You surprise me that with your knowledge of the gay scene in Pattaya you were not aware of that. :o

A Thai is issued with an ID card when he/she reaches their 15th birthday and not before. It is the law that when a Thai reaches 15 years old he / she must carry the ID card, although of course we know that not everyone has their ID card with them at all times, as with all Thais.

Apart from the trick of asking the boy his birthdate the other way is to ask the boy for his address as shown on the card. It is far more difficult for a boy to memorise the full address as shown on the card than it is a birthdate.

Guest Soi10Tom

British held for molesting boys

Police put Paul Dixon, his sex toys and video

equipment on display for the media.

Boonlua Chatree

Tourist Police arrested a British citizen for allegedly having sex with boys under the age of 15 and recording his sessions on video.

Police said they were shocked by the amount of video equipment being used to record the man’s sexual activity with a succession of 20 boys.

At 4 a.m. on March 19 Pol. Lt-Col. Suwan Un-anan, Inspector at Pattaya City Tourist Police Station 4, and other officers investigated the report that a foreigner was performing lewd acts in room at the King Fisher House on Pratamnak Road in Nongprue.

Police arrested Paul Gerald Dixon, 43, as he was walking with a boy behind a commercial building.

Police said the 12-year-old boy companion told them that Dixon had just had sex with him for 500 baht. Police allegedly found 500 baht on the boy and kept it as evidence.

In a room at the house officers said they found two video recorders, three tape recorders, two DVDs, one male sex toy, one tube of jelly and a set of bondage belts.

Police alleged that they could distinguish more than 20 different boys on the recordings being sexually molested.

The recordings were kept as evidence.

Police charged Dixon with engaging in sexual activities with a Thai male less than 15 years of age and separating a child less than 15 years of age from his parents, guardian, or caretaker to perform lewd acts.

Soi10Tom, I hope you don't mind that I took the liberty of merging your post with a topic about the same person that's been on this board since March 20. I didn't see a need to run two separate topics about the same incident.

Also, please everyone include the source of news articles when posting. The one Soi10Tom posted is:

http://www.pattayamail.com/current/news.shtml#hd11

Guest Astrrro
In a room at the house officers said they found two video recorders, three tape recorders, two DVDs, one male sex toy, one tube of jelly and a set of bondage belts.

A pic of the male sex toy and half used tube of lube if you click the link in the above post.