reader

4a.m. Closing for bars from Dec. 15

I'm confused now.
At least one bar in Silom tells me that they will not open till 4 (most customers will have gone to DJ or GOD by then) another that they will play it by ear and a third one is the one that confuses me saying that the 4:00 does not allow alcohol selling till then.
In the back of my mind was something about restaurants not allowing alcohol till then but that might be from a LEO generated dream.

From Thai PBS World

Pubs and bars in parts of Thailand a step closer to 4am closing

The Cabinet agreed in principle on Tuesday to an amendment to the Interior Ministry’s regulations which would allow pubs and bars in Bangkok, Chiang Mai, Phuket, Chon Buri and Koh Samui to stay open until 4am.

It was not, however, specified when the new licencing hours will come into effect, but earlier reports tentatively suggested December 15.

The Interior Ministry has proposed the changes to promote tourism and increase revenues.

Prime Minister Srettha Thavisin has said that the new closing time is not only intended for tourists, but also for Thais whose businesses are related to tourism, such as restaurants and food shops.