PeterRS

Finland Closes 4 Russian Border Crossings

5 minutes ago, Moses said:

Syrians, Algerians, Afghani don't "flee" Russia, they use it as transit country and arriving to Russia legally.

Legal transit means that one has paperwork to be admitted to the country of destination. If they are leaving Russia (where they are legally) for Finland without Finish residency, passport or visa, then they are fleeing Russia.

13 minutes ago, alvnv said:

Legal transit means that one has paperwork to be admitted to the country of destination. If they are leaving

There are no words "legal transit" In my post. They arrived legally to Russia. And they are free to leave Russia to any point of World since their docs are correct. That is not problem of Russia to where they want to go after visiting Russia. 

We discuss now what Finland yesterday closed border because of 60 refugees. Sixty. Accumulated in 2 or 3 weeks of closed border. It is for sure "disaster". One more time: S-i-x-t-y. And you may compare with number of refugees Finland accepted in 2022: 69,553 

Do you still think that hysteria isn't political motivated?

1 minute ago, Moses said:

There are no words "legal transit" In my post. They arrived legally to Russia. And they are free to leave Russia to any point of World since their docs are correct. That is not problem of Russia to where they want to go after visiting Russia. 

We discuss now what Finland closed border because of 60 refugees. Sixty. Accumulated in 2 or 3 weeks of closed border. It is for sure "disaster". One more time: 60. And you may compare with number of refugees Finland accepted in 2022: 69,553 

Cut the crap - I know the requirements of Russian visa and entry, as well as access to the border regions. 

3 minutes ago, alvnv said:

I know the requirements of Russian visa and entry, as well as access to the border regions.

Well, "I know" isn't argument in the dispute. 

Since they are here, they for sure have roundtrip tickets on hands. That exactly I say: their docs are OK. Russian police raided these border points and removed from there all who overstayed in Russia. Rest have rights to be there.

Moreover, there are additional police check points on the way to border.

7 minutes ago, alvnv said:

Once more time - they arrives to here as tourists. They have 30-60 (depends on country) days to stay here. At that time they may try to cross border with Finland (and with any other country) if they want.

Russia has no reason to check their documents to cross FI border legally, since Finland withdrew from such agreement with Russia half of year ago. Now Russian border guards check only legality of their stay in Russia and legality to cross Russian border for to leave, they haven't to check if these "tourists" have rights to enter Finland.

12 minutes ago, alvnv said:

What a joke of a country! Even refugees from war torn regions won’t stay there!

They have no intention of staying here, they intend to travel through Russia on a tourist visa. For to stay here they should study Russian and get certificate. And you know how hard is Russian to study.

17 minutes ago, alvnv said:

That’s so much worse!!! They won’t even consider staying in Russia!

Sure. They can't compete with migrants from Central Asia, Ukraine and Belorussia because of knowledges of Russian.

Acording to CIA, Russia is country with migration to country

+1.7 migrant per each 1000 citizens (for example Germany has +1.78, Netherlands has +1.9)

You may compare with countries where population run out:

• Estonia -2.79
  • Latvia -5.19
  • Lithuania -4.54
  • Mexico -0.76
  • Poland -0.33

https://www.cia.gov/the-world-factbook/about/archives/2022/field/net-migration-rate/

6 hours ago, Moses said:

Sure. They can't compete with migrants from Central Asia, Ukraine and Belorussia because of knowledges of Russian.

Acording to CIA, Russia is country with migration to country

+1.7 migrant per each 1000 citizens (for example Germany has +1.78, Netherlands has +1.9)

You may compare with countries where population run out:

• Estonia -2.79
  • Latvia -5.19
  • Lithuania -4.54
  • Mexico -0.76
  • Poland -0.33

https://www.cia.gov/the-world-factbook/about/archives/2022/field/net-migration-rate/

You better start treating Central Asians better, because they are the future of Russia, as well as the reason your net migration is up. If you look at the population growth, you will see that Russia in the negatives.