unicorn

Songs whose lyrics one gets wrong

• Members

My fiance and I were listening to a comedian not long ago, and he was joking at how incomprehensibly Sir Elton John sings his lyrics. For instance, he misheard "Hold me closer, tiny dancer," as "Hold me closer, Tony Danza." I can think of some more recent songs I've gotten the lyrics wrong on. In Doechii's What's Up? song, for example, I thought she was singing "every black boy needs a little love," when in fact she's singing "every block boy needs a little love":

In SZA's Kill Bill song, I was wondering why she was explaining why she was getting the sensitive SalonPas, when my beau explained that she was singing "I get the sense that it's a lost cause." 😄

image.thumb.png.b33563d735b43fdd41eaaf21d07577d5.png

Any songs you've had trouble figuring out the lyrics? 😁

• Members

I never watched Friends much, so I wouldn't have suspected him had you not responded. Well, if he stole that individual joke, he did develop into a whole long (and funny) routine around it, so he gets at least some credit. Also, I suspect that some of these "thefts" are perhaps subconscious or unintentional.