Xclay

Raw

• Members

Several recent posts have commented at being shocked to see Brazilians going raw at orgies. Is this a trend? Are all these guys really taking PrEP? 

At saunas around Brazil, I was surprised in 2023 on my two trip (16 weeks) to have so many hot bottom boys casually offering me unprotected sex, and seeming eager to take a load.

I don't remember that from past decades. Well, actually I do remember from about 2005 a cute little blond in PA who really wanted it raw because that was such an exception back then.

I always think of a straight comedian who says that he's never more eager to put on a condom than when a woman says "oh you don't need to wear a condom."

The few times I've tried to ask I was told, if Google Translate got it all right, that they are indeed taking PrEP. ??? 

In contrast, I've not noticed any change in ativos conscientious unprompted use of protection.

• Members

Huh….?  PrEP is available and free (or at least very affordable) in Brazil (and many other places too) if you happen to be man that has sex with other men (or a woman that has sex with men in exchange reias).  It’s been that way for several years now.

• Members

Yes, if all these bottoms are now getting the pills and faithfully taking them daily, that would account for the transformation.

But — contrary to your assumption as something that should be obvious — free PrEP has not come close to widespread use among men who have sex with men in Brazil!

"Why is PrEP so underused in Brazil?"

"Unwillingness to prescribe PrEP... in Northeastern Brazil"

"PrEP use in Brazil remains low despite free national access"

"Why Is Preexposure Prophylaxis So Underused in Brazil?"

Good if you are right and the "sex professionals" are among the estimated only 15% who take PrEP!

• Members

Some, likely at least 1 in 5, already have HIV so the question is moot. If you ask about PrEP in a binary fashion they may be pushed into a corner regarding response. If you do inquire at point of intimacy you can consider the implementation of photos depicting uptake method along with the questions. You can state that you value the idea of somebody taking PrEP (profilaxia pré-exposição do HIV) and that you are curious about which method is preferred. You may discern how much it is relatable to him. That is more open-ended. A large proportion of those at risk for infection are not taking PrEP, or started and stopped, or are not consistently adherent. General population uptake in the appended figure is low; it is inconceivable that such a small fraction are MSM with high level candidacy. 

Syphilis was not Sisyphus struggling up the mountain at the orgy recently described. 

IMG_0152.jpeg

IMG_0153.jpeg

IMG_0146.jpeg

• Members
3 hours ago, Xclay said:

Several recent posts have commented at being shocked to see Brazilians going raw at orgies. Is this a trend? Are all these guys really taking PrEP? 

At saunas around Brazil, I was surprised in 2023 on my two trip (16 weeks) to have so many hot bottom boys casually offering me unprotected sex, and seeming eager to take a load.

I don't remember that from past decades. Well, actually I do remember from about 2005 a cute little blond in PA who really wanted it raw because that was such an exception back then.

I always think of a straight comedian who says that he's never more eager to put on a condom than when a woman says "oh you don't need to wear a condom."

The few times I've tried to ask I was told, if Google Translate got it all right, that they are indeed taking PrEP. ??? 

In contrast, I've not noticed any change in ativos conscientious unprompted use of protection.

Not only the parties in Brazil but also in Europe, I have seen most orgies are done bareback.  Of course some guys still use condoms but these are the minority these days. Let's face it, in a orgy party setting where multiple guys play simultaneously and switch often, it is just too cumbersome to change condoms, and impossible to keep track of who is doing what.  So if you don't do bareback, you should probably stay away, or just be an observer like @BlkSuperman at the orgy party.

• Members

I’m surprised by the articles you referenced (which most definitely does not mean they are inaccurate in any way).  The gentleman I see most frequently in Brazil takes PrEP - and has explained to me how to get it in Brazil which is the source of the info I provided - but obviously that’s a sample size of one so it’s really meaningless.  In any case though, I started taking PrEP not because I hate condoms but because I like using Grindr which results in me periodically bottoming for attractive but random strangers; some of whom occasionally turn out to be truly awful human beings that remove the condom we both agreed to use mid-fuck without consent.  My point is two fold: I would think a GP working in a sauna would share my fear/experience and start taking PrEP if given the opportunity and if you’re taking PrEP - which I fully understand isn’t right for everyone - it’s basically just one less thing to worry about.

• Members

It took 5 years (2017-2022) for the Public Health Service (SUS) to adjust governance in such as way as to remove the stigmatizing eligibility requirement of declaring homosexual activity or commercial sex work status for PrEP access. The inflexibility may have been partly due to the associated research agenda geared to uptake surveillance of identified high risk groups. However, this inappropriately trumped rightful ‘do no harm’ ideology in terms of supporting self-determination among, for example, garotos that would have no problem identifying their behavioural risks and should have had the option to present their case in a more circumspect way, without needing to check a specific box.

It was not a funding issue because engaging the target population to explore and seek PrEP had consistently fallen short. The approach had obviously fuelled the narrative regarding HIV as a gay disease as well. Also ran was loss viz ability to track the uptake ratios comparing a broader span of PrEP-seeking categories. Additionally, those  outside of the restricted categories that might not have been ‘ideal’ PrEP candidates may have accessed better HIV info through the process of the PrEP-seeking itself, prevention knowledge being one of the biggest correlates of infection incidence.