hojacat

Guest policy of Phnom Penh's hotels

My last and only visit to Cambodia (PP and Siam Reap) dates back to 2009, while I was still in college.

In Phnom Penh, I remember staying at this small hotel at an area with lots of embassies around. As apps were still not available I ended up not meeting anyone.

Since I'll go back to Thailand for around 2 weeks during Songran's season, I'm thinking of stopping to PP for 4-5 days. Just wondering what' guest policy do hotels have in there?

Is it pretty lax (so no check-in required, guest can come over anytime of the day and night) like they do in Thailand or is it much stricter (check-in required, no guests after a certain hour) like they do in Vietnam?

If so do you guys recommend an Airbnb (like I definitely do for Vietnam)? Any difference between a small hotel or a bigger one from an international chain?

On 2/3/2024 at 1:41 AM, vinapu said:

I was there just 2 weeks ago I  both Siem Reap and Phnom Penh and can tell with certainty that neither hotel.i was staying made any fuss about visitors. 

Even when one arrived on motorbike and requested a kep to the gated parking area they gave it to him without aby question for him or me. Big chain hotels may be stricter but as everywhere else visitors issue largely depends on property and in fact on staff on duty at given moment.

OK Boitique , OK Palace and Saravoan Palace hotels are your sure bets in Phnom Penh with bonus of being close to attractions and all 4 gay bars on existence I know of.

Thanks @vinapu So guests don't really need to check-in at any given time? How easy is get a GRAB in PP?

Also, any sauna you recommend? A thai friend of mine said there is a good one. I'll have to ask him for the name of it.

5 hours ago, hojacat said:

Thanks @vinapu So guests don't really need to check-in at any given time? How easy is get a GRAB in PP?

Also, any sauna you recommend? A thai friend of mine said there is a good one. I'll have to ask him for the name of it.

As, I said I did not encounter any guest issues at hotels I was staying. Can,t comment on saunas as it is not my scene.   Did not use Grab either, hailing tuk tuk on the street for my communication needs was easy enough. In Phnom penh they have their own well working app called Passsap.