vinapu

Phnom Penh, Angkor, Koh Ker and Sambor Prey Kuk - trip to Cambodia in Jan 2024

On 2/14/2024 at 2:26 AM, vinapu said:

Day 10, still in Phnom Penh

In the morning we turned fully synchronized , he wanted to go to the gym and me to Royal Palace right after they open at 8. Our good bye embrace was  quite long and then for  first time in my zillion meetings with boys in Thailand and Cambodia   I heard apology from guy that he charged me too much.

I was quite touched  , I knew I gave him bit more than market but bit doesn’t meant twice or trice more. He told me what he needs money for and for me it sounded quite pleasurable so all I could say was ‘ my pleasure’ and there was not an inch of exaggeration in my statement. That was sweet indeed.

I could walk to Royal Palace but being strong believer of supporting local industry  I hailed tuk-tuk . Of course local industry thought I may be stupid tourist and quoted me something like 16000 for what it‘s walking distance so I offered 1$ (4000) and kept walking and of course local industry agreed ‘ ok, ok , 1 dollar” , three minutes later we were there and I spoiled local industry with 2000 tip.

I was one of first visitors and almost felt I have place to myself  for first few minutes. Here are some pictures

20240118_080738.thumb.jpg.3259e62ba0bf1aefae430c18721e014d.jpg

20240118_080755.thumb.jpg.7bec17fc85f2f7c9a3918a53b3aadba4.jpg

20240118_082936.thumb.jpg.3698ab8931fdcf10509efc637fa11dc6.jpg

20240118_083012.thumb.jpg.50f27d4455ca43e86ca91f2f08f788d1.jpg

20240118_084931.thumb.jpg.e64a31657b2988e3bb2d59e13457c9e7.jpg

In hour and half I completed my tour  and went to Warsaw for a breakfast hoping they will have rye bread and Polish sausage which is exactly what I was served plus some other cold cuts and cheeses. Again it was too opulent but after 10 days of feasting on hotel and Foodland treats of fried eggs and toasts I cleaned my plate.

As cold cuts tasted surprisingly un - industrial I asked and my suspicions were confirmed. They have local source , another Polish guy who produces  sausages, hams and other treats. Chesses were from the stores though . Who would think ?, Polish ham made in Cambodia ! All that plate for 5$ ( 20000), tea included.

Then to hotel to pack whatever little I had. On Whatsapp I contacted driver who help me  with his car in October of 2022 if he can t pick me up from the airport. I was surprised answer was immediate and on top of that he remembered  very well me and even hotel I was staying because he asked if I still will stay there. No,  this time instead of Royal Crown and Men’s  I opted for Kings’ Rock on the same side of river, around the corner from Royal Crown and walking distance to Old Market.

I guess not many tourist are hiring drivers to go to Banteai Chhmar temple so it’s how I become so memorable. He even recalled when we asked local lady how far temple is she told us about 20 minutes by motorbike while in fact it was 1 hr by car. So much about local knowledge !

I  told him not to rush as it will be my first time in new airport and I want to walk around before  we set off for the city.

Great report Vinapu. How much is the market rate for a night session with a guy?

3 hours ago, AsianExplorer said:

incall 1hour session takes about 20-30$. Outcall overnight I would assume it would be around 100$

50-80, at lower end from apps , I did not take offer because I thought it's stupid to take overnight somebody I never met eye-to eye. 

I gave 100 because I was very happy and thought 20$ more is worth it for me