reader

Suvarnabhumi Service Efficiency improving?

From Pattaya News

At 3:00 PM, on March 25th, 2024, Pol. Gen. Kittirat Phanphet, the deputy police commander, performed an inspection at Suvarnabhumi Airport regarding Thai Prime Minister Srettha Thavisin’s orders to improve the service quality and time.

Upon the inspection, Suvarnabhumi immigration officers were found to have reduced average passport control time on arrival from 45 seconds to 30 seconds as the scan boarding pass processing was excluded.

Moreover, automatic channels on departure were updated with new versions and improved technology and performance, reducing average time of processing from 40 seconds to 20 seconds, according to Thai national media.

It was reported that Suvarnabhumi officers promised the biometric system would not crash like the previous time.

However, during rush hours, it could cause an overflowing number of passengers as more than 4,000 to 5,000 passengers landed at nearly the same time while the passenger terminal had a capacity for only 2,000 passengers.

The airport officers on break were ordered to support the checkpoints during rush hours in order to facilitate th processing, according to Thai national media.

Meanwhile, Suvarnabhumi Airport employed more than 200 officers and planned to increase its staff by 330 more positions which was believed to be sufficient for a large number of passengers, according to Thai national media.

there's something in it. when I  arrived in January line to immigration was enormous but still was moving quite fast and all in , it took only 75 minutes from moment plane docked at the gate to time I entered train platform. Considering I was in the last row of 777 it's very good time. 

10 hours ago, vinapu said:

there's something in it. when I  arrived in January line to immigration was enormous but still was moving quite fast and all in , it took only 75 minutes from moment plane docked at the gate to time I entered train platform. Considering I was in the last row of 777 it's very good time. 

Indeed, I suspect it took at least 15 minutes  to get off the plane! 

11 hours ago, vinapu said:

less, it was ANA flight and most passengers were Japanese so it was efficient process

Ah, yes, it's amazing how orderly Japanese pax are. The way they evacuated the collided A350 at Haneda was astonishing.  Hardly any Injuries. Mind you Japanese  Airlines are pretty tough on hand baggage, which helps!