Guest thrillbill8

night life in BKK???

Guest thrillbill8

:ninja: I will be in BKK this weekend, will the bars and clubs be open as "normal" or will the martial law make these establishments close early? (If the bars and clubs have to stay closed, there will be another coup!)

I will be in BKK this weekend, will the bars and clubs be open as "normal" or will the martial law make these establishments close early? (If the bars and clubs have to stay closed, there will be another coup!)

As far as I know, all venues will be open and operating as usual. The bars and clubs in Pattaya are all open. I have not seen any reports or heard word-of-mouth that suggest any kinds of curfews whatsoever. With the exception of the tanks in specific areas of Bangkok, nothing else seems to be out of the ordinary.

Besides, it would seem to me that the new leadership has better things to do at the moment than spend time worrying about what time gay bars are going to close. What difference would it make to them? Somehow, I can't imagine they would be worried about a counter coup emerging from Future Boys. Can't you picture it? Attack of the Purses!

Guest letmetellu

Yes I was with one of the owners of a well know venue in Sot 4 for the last couple of days, he said the Partoes & fun are all going ahead and things are getting better after the initial shock of a Military Coup, it will get better not worst and all the Planned Shows Including The Most Amazing Trollope will be happening larger then Life go it will be great.

www.balconypub.com

I remember when the Last Uprising happened in 1992 we were staying at the Shangri-la Hotel Bangkok when we came out to go to a Gay Bar they were shooting students in the street, we went to the bar where it was in full flow, it was as if nothing had happened out side this coup could be a Lot better in the long run. I know of lots going to the happen @ www,balconypub.com so that should be good fun.

post-3772-1158866978_thumb.jpg

I remember when the Last Uprising happened in 1992 we were staying at the Shangri-la Hotel Bangkok when we came out to go to a Gay Bar they were shooing students in the street, we went to the bar where it was in full flow, it was as if nothing had happened out side this coup could be a Lot

By shooing he means shooting. Wouldn't want a few deaths outside to come between LMTU and a night "in full flow".

Guest letmetellu

LMTU,

You were supposed to ask my permission before using my facepic as your avatar, but you are forgiven!

As I have had 7 guys write me asking about my Avatar and now you I will tell you.

My lover and my Boyfriend

Considering he has been my lover for the last year, apart from a 3 week period when we had a big misunderstanding, I have asked him and he said its fine

If you like him he has "a look a like" who is very similar unless you get the two together, who every one thinks is him, working as a door man at Sundance previously working as a Go Go Boy at Euroboys, Im sure you wont know the difference apart from the face, my boy is a lot bigger :wub:

I do also have a boyfriend who I have been with for the last 6 years, who use to be Mr.. Gay Pattaya but as he was in the Army I was allowed to have my lover but as we have now bought the boyfriend out of the Army, I have the two and we are all one big happy family, they are inseparable so are we.

As neither of them like to come to Sunee Plaza or Boyz Town we go out together at least twice a week to Party or eat Thai Style or Disco or Bowling or Cinama, and spend every morning together. we find that is the best way to have quality time, as it is my policy to only spend 1/3 of your time in Thai company as they prefer to talk in Thai or Laos with there friends even though both my Guys Speak very good English.

My boyfriend of 6 years Pic and lover of a year

MrPattaya2003_2__1_.bmp

myboy2.bmp

Guest letmetellu

Every one who is nervous about going to Bangkok with the Army in control my Spies tell me its so much better, the Police are not bothering any Bars the shows are continuing and the Boys are a sensation, well Pattaya is something different, its Party Party Party I c nt even tell you what is going on in Pattaya but i can tell you things are so much better then before now ?

Businesses are now closing at 2am I would not be supprized if they went back to closing later again it is doing so much harm for tourisum

DO NOT CANCEL YOUR VACATION COME HERE LONGER ITS SENSATIONAL/

You are doing you usual boostering job, LMTU, but I would not be so sanguine.

I concede that previous military regimes seem to have been little concerned with censoring the nightlife. However,times have changed since then and given the religious affiliation of the new Thai leader, I imagine he would hardly have much objection to the social order campaign in general

In fact, seeing as the campaign was fairly popular with many Thais, perhaps after a couple of months, if he feels the need to get some easy popularity, it might suit him to have a new "crackdown"?

Guest letmetellu

You are doing you usual boostering job, LMTU, but I would not be so sanguine.

I concede that previous military regimes seem to have been little concerned with censoring the nightlife. However,times have changed since then and given the religious affiliation of the new Thai leader, I imagine he would hardly have much objection to the social order campaign in general

In fact, seeing as the campaign was fairly popular with many Thais, perhaps after a couple of months, if he feels the need to get some easy popularity, it might suit him to have a new "crackdown"?

Yes but then again they may concentrate on more workable policies, rather pasting over the holes then trying to make things look as they are doing something with these unpopular Tourist early closures, that do little to stop the Thai youth taking drugs after 1am.

There main concern will be keeping the economy stable and stifling the unrest in the south, this was a big problem as far as the Army was concerned, an ex policemen trying to quell unrest Toxins policies were making things worst, so my boy in the Army, as he is working directly in the the Generals office who is controlling the whole Coup.

Well at the moment its wonderful in Thailand so lets hope they do not spoil it to much.