Guest taylorsquare

Day Night area

Guest taylorsquare

Well,done some sampling of the day night area,

Has one GO GO BAR named , NUMBER ONE BOYS.

tHIS BAR IS LOCATED NEAR A SOI NEAR TUKCOM,JUST NEAR Gossip cafe,next to the family mart.

Big inside,a large number of comfy white sofas,about 10 boys on stage,white satin briefs.

Drinks were 120 baht,I was the only customer in there.

They werent having any show as i was the only customer,so bit of a waste of time.

I bought a guy a drink,was 150 baht,very expensive really as he gulped it down from the very small glass,and wanted another one.

Anyway tipped him 50 baht for his 3 minutes of time as the mamasan asked if i would buy him another one immediately and then kept hanging around when i said no.

The go go bar looks ok,but boy drinks are overpriced in my opinion,I doubt the place will last actually,bad bad location.

The boys were reasonably looking,mostly young skinny guys in their early 20s,but too boyish for me,had the frizzy hairstyles etc.

Didnt seem to be any real men type guys.

Actually a bit of a waste of 400 baht i spent for less than 10 minutes,but what the heck,had a good time.

This go go bar has potential but bad location and boy drink prices will stop many from buying boy drinks.

Well went past OFFICE BOYS BAR,situated opposite in the corner near day night hotel.

Didnt appear to have any customers but spotted a guy who use to work at the old/new Monty s in Jomtiem.

Apparently now works at OFFICE BOYS as he said the owner was good apparently.

The Day-Night area seems to be jinxed. Over the years there have been several attempts to make a go of it, but no matter how many bars have opened there, every one of them eventually ended up failing. I really don't know why. It's easy to get there and there have been times when several go-go bars were located there, all at the same time just like a Sunee Plaza soi, but no matter how much the area was promoted, people just didn't seem to go there.

Even now many people frequent the restaurants in that area and many stay in the various gay-friendly accommodations in close proximity, and yet few customers ever go to any of the gay venues in that area. In another thread it was mentioned that Cat's Place recently closed. I'd be willing to bet that for many readers of this board, that thread was the first time they ever even heard of Cat's Place, but there it was, right between Office Boy and the Tuk Com soi with the popular restaurants.

I've never understood why so few people would go to Soi Day-Night, but that's the way it's been.

Hello is any one listening to me!

If you have a good product it will sell, Pitch your price at 100 baht a drink and if you opened a garage with :good looking boys" I bet you a dinner at Manhattans, it will be full, as if any of you remember the night market Chaing Mai use to.

Shall I just say one word BOYSTUDIO Packed till it was raided for the last time and JOLLY BOYS may be I have been around too long.wacko.gif

Ugly fem boys dont sell, and the owners would rather spend their budget on the decor rather than go up country to find handsome boys as they use to in the old days.

Guest Soi10Tom

Give the massage place directly out the back door of TukCom a try. The boys are outside dressed in purple robes, and cute as can be. I had a very nice and happy experience there last week.(< :) ))) Standard prices, hot boys.....don't be shy once you are upstairs even though the massage areas are small and surrounded by hospital like cloth dividers. It is kind of fun to be a kid again and play Doctor. And the boys are available to off.

Hello is any one listening to me!

I am. I agree with you, but with one exception. The "ugly fem boys" are exactly what many people like. I think whoever hires for the bars would do well to make sure they have a good mix. The most popular bars seem to have exactly that. The bars that seem to be the least popular have predominantly one type and that's about it. There are, of course, exceptions. Tawan comes to mind, but it's also unique and you simply don't find those types elsewhere.

I, for one, do not care for the well-defined muscular types. Sometimes there are exceptions, but the slightly femme types are usually more to my preference. On the other hand, a great many do like the well-defined muscular types. I think the bars would do better to try making sure they have "something for everyone."

I think another factor is how much fun it is to be in the bars. I would much rather spend my time in bars, even the ones that don't feature my type, if it's fun to be there. For me, my idea of fun to be there is seeing the boys having fun. When they are having a good time, it seems to be contagious.

Then there are the bars where the boys stand there doing little more than the "one-knee shuffle," staring at themselves in the mirrors, with a demeanor that makes it appear as if they hate being there, and paying little or no attention to the customers with eye contact being rare. That's definitely not my idea of fun.

Yes I agree with you GB and I thought you was going to say that many like fem boys and a few do, so you have 3 for every ten boys, not 4ugly Alpha boys and 6 fems. May be up to a third like fem to lady boys.

When I say Alpha males I don't mean defined men with muscles, Its boys and guys who have swimmers bodies, not ugly fat or hairy, as they have in some bars, Do the same as they have if you go to see the expert Khun Beer of Nice Boys, he has the mix right, the boys dancing, looking as if they are at a party and know how to tease the customer, as they did in BOYSTUDIO as I said.

If you don't grab the customers attention when they walk in, they walk out, each one tells 9 people and Bingo, no one else visits the bar simple, its like a car show room, you have your best merchandise on show in the shop window, always have at least 12 boys very handsome guys, then the rest can be hidden at the back, to make up the numbers, the best bars stack em in and sell em quick, 45 boys sells, 12 fun and handsome and dancers, NOT 6 nasty looking pirate looking guys with tattoos don't sell.

So many people come here think they are going to make it with a Go Go bar, then all have it full of lady boys with in a month, as they are easy and come to Pattaya to party where they are accepted now the Alpha males who make you money, the owners have to work to get, now this is where they are going wrong, as the farang bosses are usually strung a line by the mamasan, who gets all his friends in or the Thai boy friend, who has a party with his friend, so he can control the till,

Guest taylorsquare

Getting back to the DAY NIGHT AREA,I walked past BLUE HOUSE MASSAGE ,seems to be a few handsome guys out front,although not beefy muscular types but guys with swimmers builds.

Another one in DAY NIGHT AREA is THE ROYAL MASSAGE,I would have to admit its been a long time since I went there.

Also went into GOSSIP CAFE,which is in the back sois down from tukcom.

tHIS IS A 24 HOUR CAFE/RESTAURANT.

Had a guy waiter there that remembered from years ago at the former PAPA DAVIDS,which then became GOOGIES,and apparently changed to MUSHROOM RESTAURANT.

Well MUSHROOM seemed closed last night for some reason.

Anyway ended up at GOSSIP and had a gossip with the waiter.

American breakfast,actually wasnt a real sausage ,was 129 baht.ok

Guest buckeroo2

Yes I agree with you GB and I thought you was going to say that many like fem boys and a few do, so you have 3 for every ten boys, not 4ugly Alpha boys and 6 fems. May be up to a third like fem to lady boys.

When I say Alpha males I don't mean defined men with muscles, Its boys and guys who have swimmers bodies, not ugly fat or hairy, as they have in some bars, Do the same as they have if you go to see the expert Khun Beer of Nice Boys, he has the mix right, the boys dancing, looking as if they are at a party and know how to tease the customer, as they did in BOYSTUDIO as I said.

If you don't grab the customers attention when they walk in, they walk out, each one tells 9 people and Bingo, no one else visits the bar simple, its like a car show room, you have your best merchandise on show in the shop window, always have at least 12 boys very handsome guys, then the rest can be hidden at the back, to make up the numbers, the best bars stack em in and sell em quick, 45 boys sells, 12 fun and handsome and dancers, NOT 6 nasty looking pirate looking guys with tattoos don't sell.

So many people come here think they are going to make it with a Go Go bar, then all have it full of lady boys with in a month, as they are easy and come to Pattaya to party where they are accepted now the Alpha males who make you money, the owners have to work to get, now this is where they are going wrong, as the farang bosses are usually strung a line by the mamasan, who gets all his friends in or the Thai boy friend, who has a party with his friend, so he can control the till,

I have never thought of alpha males as having anything to do with physical characteristics - but more with attitude and presentation. Whether someone is muscle bound or has a swimmer's physique is not an important trait in an alpha male - being masculine surely is a must but presentation and psychology are far more imporatant components when defining an alpha malethan physical charactereistics

Here are some of the traits I found when reseaching this subject

Alpha Male Traits - Personality Traits

Talking Deliberately: It is commonly observed that if one is speaking to someone in a position higher than themselves, they tend to speak fast in order to maintain their attention and interest. The most obvious of all traits of alpha male is that they talk slowly. He knows that no matter what he says he will be listened to, and thus does not feel the need to rush through his words.

Acknowledging Others: The best alpha male trait is that he knows how to appreciate and acknowledge other people. If you have done your job well, he will appreciate it. If you tell a funny joke, he will laugh along with you. If you share your opinions with him, he will give you words of advice. An alpha male will always be open to ideas and suggestions from others and will not dismiss them without sincerely considering them.

Aloof: At the same time, it seems to be one of the most widely noticed alpha male traits that they are just not interested. In spite of taking a keen interest in what you may have to say, alpha males seem to be aloof and transient at all times. Their body language seems to suggest that they are always immersed in their own thoughts, and this even makes them seem self centered. But the fact of the matter is that they are paying attention, in spite of seeming extremely aloof.

Attracts Women: There's just something about the alpha male that appeals to women of all ages. They have this irresistible charm that just oozes out of them and sweeps all the ladies off their feet. There's no one singular characteristic of theirs that has this effect on the fairer sex, rather the combination of all the alpha male traits which makes them so appealing.

Alpha Male Traits - Psychological Traits

Confidence: The biggest asset to possess, no matter where you are, is self confidence. Believing in yourself, no matter what, is one of the alpha male traits that truly stands out. There is a fine line between self belief and arrogance, and the alpha male is well aware of these boundaries and knows how to handle it. He will appear supremely composed, and will leave you amazed at his level of confidence. Read more about alpha male body language.

No Explanations: An alpha male will not look to anybody for approval. He will follow his instincts, and not feel like he owes anybody any explanations. There is no urge within him to justify and validate his actions and words to anybody. The most obvious of all the alpha male characteristics is that he is comfortable in his own skin and does not look and hope for anyone else's approval.

Competing With Other Alpha Males: The most glaring thing that you will notice when you see two alpha males interacting with each other, is the battle for supremacy. Each one will try and get one over the other, and as a result they will both be constantly competing or arguing. If you wish to become an alpha male you need to learn to recognize potential threats, and then show your superiority.

Feeling Threatened: Since there is a constant tussle between alpha males for supremacy, they tend to get insecure and threatened by the activities of other alpha males. They always feel like the other alpha male is undermining their superiority and authority. This is one of the alpha male traits that is not seen in every alpha male, but only in the ones that are slightly insecure about their position.

So, these were some alpha male traits that can help you spot an alpha male when you see one. Or, if you are aiming to be considered as an alpha male, these are the traits of an alpha male that you must adopt in order to make everyone else sit up and take notice.

My 2 cents:

When Al Gore was running for U.S. President he brought in a style consultant , feminist Naomi Wolf to try to do a make over and make him more appealing as a "man" and less a policy wonk - she changed his wardrobe and put him in earth tones - not that that would lessen the swagger of George W Bush. Gore was definitly a beta male in need of a makeover and Ms. Wolf changed few minds with her makeover.

Again I have been lead to belief that an alpha male is about so much more than the physical package one possesses.

Guest buckeroo2

Give the massage place directly out the back door of TukCom a try. The boys are outside dressed in purple robes, and cute as can be. I had a very nice and happy experience there last week.(< :) ))) Standard prices, hot boys.....don't be shy once you are upstairs even though the massage areas are small and surrounded by hospital like cloth dividers. It is kind of fun to be a kid again and play Doctor. And the boys are available to off.

Relax @ Me Massage behind Tukcom is as described above. The guys are really cute, and playful. It is not a gay massage establishment per se. They have lady masseuses as well. A few of the guys are regular Gay romeo users. Today I was chatting with one of the masseurs on gay romeo and he asked me to drop by as business was slow. I told him I was not going out in the rain and he offered "takeaway" service and could drop by for an "in-house" massage. I did not take him up on the offer and I am not sure if the offer was part of the massage parlors policy or if he was suggesting that he could come over after work. But give this place a try - really friendly cute guys.

They have a website with services and prices and if I knew how to attach it, I would surely do that.

I am still trying to figure out why I get an error message and get logged out after every posting. The message gets posted but I get logged out with a Windows error message asking of I want to send the error to Microsoft. I usually wait until I am done reading all of the daily posts before I add my thoughts. I've tried IE and Mozilla and I get the same results every time - error message.

Yes buckeroo2

You did not need to go into a big serman on Alpha Males, of course it is a manly state of mind and action that go with it, nothing to do with loooks, just the opposit to fem.

Real nice homepage.... http://www.relaxatme.com/

I also know some boys from gayromeo. I will try in march...

Also had a very happy visit to Relax@Me during my stay earlier this month...

Spotted a really cute looking guy outside and went there praying that he would be the one allocated to me!

Luckily he was... and a great massage followed... BF was very jealous afterwards!

Unfortunately I never saw him again after the massage... even though my room in Mosaik overlooked the shop.... Would have like to try the take awya service!

Looking at their web site, this appears to be a traditional Thai massage without "happy ending" available. Is that correct?

It is a traditional Thai Massage place...

The 1st time i went there back in November the guy started smoking me (much to my surprise) and i asked him to stop (he was not my type)

2nd time i was there 10 days ago the cute guy kept brushing against my "member"... once it was sufficiently awake he whispered "you want" to me... A rudimentary handjob (with some additional groping) ensued

I would never have considered this kind of thing in a curtained non-private room...especially as I was looking for a real massage after a difficult evenings bowling the day before... but it was the boy who initiated the action both times

Then there are the bars where the boys stand there doing little more than the "one-knee shuffle," staring at themselves in the mirrors, with a demeanor that makes it appear as if they hate being there, and paying little or no attention to the customers with eye contact being rare. That's definitely not my idea of fun.

Or the bars where the boys are checking for messages on their mobile phones. I can't remember which bar, but one has a pic of a boy doing just that on the bar's web site. Makes me really want to visit that bar :)

Guest Soi10Tom

Looking at their web site, this appears to be a traditional Thai massage without "happy ending" available. Is that correct?

No that is not correct (<:)))

Guest taylorsquare

Does an yone remember GOOGIES restaurant in day/night which later became MUSHROOM.

Well appears MUSHROOM is now closed.

This site has had a colorful history,first being PAPA DAVIDS from 2003 to 2005 then GOOGIES which transformed it into a two shop restaurant,then to my dismay it became MUSHROOM,which is it seems closed up.

Guest buckeroo2

Mushroom more or less closed shortly after it opened. Googie's had a lease problem and decided to close a few years ago. I have a friend who went to look at renting the space to open another restaurant there but was put off by one of the neighbors. It seems there is a radio station on the ground floor next door to the former Mushroom restaurant and they have installed a huge movie screen three stories high above the radio station.Someone sits outside at the new bar affiliated with the New Day Night Hotel manning a projector that broadcasts speeches and rallies of the red shirts. I have never seen more than 3 or 4 people sitting outside the bar watching but it is rather disconcerting. I would not open a business there if that was my neighbor. The red-shirt broadcasts only happen a few nights a week - but who would want to open a restaurant next to such a potential hot spot?

Guest taylorsquare

Maybe someone who thinks the Red-Shirts get hungry . . .

COULD be a good business idea?

Well never went to MUSHROOM,but strange someone would possibly pay millions to buy a restaurant and then shut up.

I was always interested in buying it back in 2005 and then the former papa david wanted a million baht for it.

Guest buckeroo2

With only 3 or 4 people sitting outside watching the screen and so few farang going to the Day-Night area? I hardly think so.

The restaurants in this area do very well. Cut thru the Pattaya People outside corridor next to Mushrooms to move over one soi and you have La Cuisine Au Beurre, Le Petite Planete, Salt & Pepper, Le Bordeaux, and Grottino's. All of these places do a bang up business - these places are busy every night during high season. I was talking to a waiter at Bordeaux and he told me they average - 60-100 customers a night. There is a less successful location on the other corner of the 4 corners of Grottinos, Salt & Pepper, Bordeaux. Last year some lady who sang with keyboard accompaniment opened a short-lived restaurant there. That same location now has a hired help sign in the window - cook, waiter, etc needed - so someone will try to make a go of it again. I stand corrected on the size of the red-shirt movie screen on the side on the buiding I mentioned earlier - it is only 2 stories high.

Guest buckeroo2

The restaurants in this area do very well. Cut thru the Pattaya People outside corridor next to Mushrooms to move over one soi and you have La Cuisine Au Beurre, Le Petite Planete, Salt & Pepper, Le Bordeaux, and Grottino's. All of these places do a bang up business - these places are busy every night during high season. I was talking to a waiter at Bordeaux and he told me they average - 60-100 customers a night. There is a less successful location on the other corner of the 4 corners of Grottinos, Salt & Pepper, Bordeaux. Last year some lady who sang with keyboard accompaniment opened a short-lived restaurant there. That same location now has a hired help sign in the window - cook, waiter, etc needed - so someone will try to make a go of it again. I stand corrected on the size of the red-shirt movie screen on the side on the buiding I mentioned earlier - it is only 2 stories high.

I made the above quote and want to edit it but I get no "edit" option when I call up the thread and look at my entry. Anyway, the new restaurant will be called Chez Vickie and it will open in about 2 weeks. The sign outfront advertises for 2 cooks, 2 waiters and 1 cleaning person.

I made the above quote and want to edit it but I get no "edit" option when I call up the thread and look at my entry.

There is a time limit for editing after submitting a post. If you don't edit within that length of time the board software disables your ability to edit that post. I'm not sure what the time limit is that GT set.