Guest aot87

sunnie v boyztown

Guest aot87

Im in pattya right now , for my yearly visit , and i think the standards have dropped compared to my visit last year, Have been to crazy dragon 3 times , and most of the boys are not that good and on chating to them , most boys have been very up front and have told me that they have no power left , having been played with during the evening, Of all the bars i find the boys that suit me are in funny boys , a,bomb and wild west, but i have yet to visit the bar up stairs of forest bar, this is ofcourse my own impressions , and we all dont like the same kind of guy

Guest fountainhall

Have been to crazy dragon 3 times , and most of the boys are not that good and on chating to them , most boys have been very up front and have told me that they have no power left

Sorry to hear of your experiences, but the one above seems to bear out my comments made on another thread. However, horses for courses . . .

Have been to crazy dragon 3 times , and most of the boys are not that good and on chating to them , most boys have been very up front and have told me that they have no power left , having been played with during the evening,

I am also astonished about. During my numerous visits always have had to deal with to much power and energy

Well, the title says "Sunnee v Boystown", so I'll wade in with the suggestion that the Boystown gogo bars are way ahead of the Sunnee offering.

Funny Boys is outstanding & several other Boystown bars are well worth a visit.

Sunee has about 3 passable gogo bars & quite a few others where I would say there would be issues with "proof of age".

Sunne does appear to have a few decent host bars, if that's your thing.

Guest FanOfThailand

On my recent visit to Pattaya last month I counted 15 gogo bars in Boyztown (not counting the 3 open air bars) compared to about maybe 7 in Sunee. There are many more open air bars in Sunee which are less expensive and can be fun.

I would also agree with z909 that other than 3 of the bars the other 4 have proof of age issues in my opinion.

Like has been stated many times on this board to always check the ID card before paying the bin. I did this on two occasions on this last visit with both being ok at 19 years old. This for me is not all that easy as I did bring my glasses to the bar but trying to see an ID card in a poorly lit bar is not an easy task. The picture on the ID looked to be of human form but much more than that I wasn't 100% sure. The birthday had the month in Thai and the year was either 2533 or 2538 the last digit not easy for me to see. I was told that 2533 and 2534 were old enough but 2535 was probably under 18. The last digit being a 3 meant 19 or 8 meant 14 and he did NOT look 14 to me. The hotel confirmed he was 19 and all was ok.

The second time in another bar, again poorly lit and again 2533 or 2538. This time I paid the bin and when the mamasan confirmed he was 19 and then asked for a tip I said I would come back tomorrow and tip IF everything was ok with the age. The next night I went back to the bar, looked for the mamasan to give him the tip and tell him I appreciated him "not lie" about the boys age. The previous night I had also asked about another boy in the bar and the mamasan told me "that boy 17 no good hotel".

I was trying to reward honesty and not just a pushy mamasans sales pitch.

I know this got a little off topic so now back to the point.

I like boyztown for the many gogo bars but I also like a couple of the gogo bars in Sunee but also the many open air bars for a slower paced (and less expensive ) evening.

Sorry to be pedantic, but....

Boystown only consists of PattayaLand Soi3

Therefore Boystown is:

3 Beer Bars (Oscars, Serene, Panorama)

4 Gogos (BBB, Copa, Funny Boys, ToyBoys)

3 Massage Places (Buyz Gym, Body club and what ever Scandic is called these days)

Pattayaland soi 2 is:

2 Gogo bars (Bubbles, Wild West)

PattayaLand 1 is

6-8+ Gogo bars (Dreamboys, Starboys,Kawaii Cupidol, Lucky 7, Sawatdee Boys, Dynamite? X-Boys?)

1 beer Bar (is Gentlemans club still open?)

1 Massage (Narcissus)

And of course vasa gogo between PattayaLand sois 1 and 2

So yes... there are more Gogo bars in the PattayaLand area than in Sunnee

But Boystown itself has less gogos

And as I have often pointed out on these forums before... my BF was working in Boystown at 16... so you can't always trust the IDs there either!

Just to clarify the last point above...

The mamasan knew he was only 16 and procured the ID card for him.

That was back in 2000 before i met him.

It might not be as easy for an underage boy to work in Boyztown now... but it could still happen

It may be incorrect, but I tend to regard Pattaya as having 3 gay areas:

Boyztown/Pattaya Land - which I & others shorten to Boyztown

Sunee

Jomtien

Guest painai

Had A-Bomb in there but accidentally removed it in an edit!

Besides that the place smells of Urine!

The place smells of urine--give me a break. One thing the place has--a noticeable lack of twinks/fems. Also, lots of new faces always showing up. Not a bad bar as colmx would have you believe.

Not a bad bar as colmx would have you believe.

To my mind, as long as the boys are at least 18 years old, then there's no such thing as a "bad" bar. It's either a bar you happen to like or a bar you happen to dislike. Considering the variety of individual tastes, what some may see as a "bad" bar is to others a favorite bar. I think it makes more sense to describe what you see and experience, but let people judge for themselves about it being good or bad.

Panai:

The decoration of a bar and the look of the boys working there can be subjective and up to an individuals taste. Lots of guys there to my taste too...

However if a place stinks of Piss ... it stinks of piss...

That is a fact that can not be subjective!

I thinks its something to do with there being no door (that i know of) between the toilet and the main bar

And no amount of air-freshner can cover up that smell...

Guest painai

That is a fact that can not be subjective!

Also, I recommend that you avoid Tawan Bar in Bangkok, as they don't have a partition between the toilet and the bar either.

Whether that is true or not, it brings up an issue I believe is more important than the attributes of an individual bar, or any other venue for that matter. I believe toilet facilities should be kept clean and odor-free, especially the venues that cater to farang customers. Every other aspect of a venue can be perfect, but if a customer walks into a disgusting restroom, a great many will not return to that venue.

How hard is it for owners to see to it that the restrooms are clean and pleasant? Perhaps some owners don't see it as a major issue, but a great many customers do see it that way and I don't see any excuse for customers to have to use unacceptable facilities when nature calls.

Also, when restroom facilities are unsanitary and virtually ignored, it certainly makes me wonder about the sanitation of the rest of the venue, especially the containers from which I am drinking. It would be difficult to convince me that scrupulous attention is paid to the cleanliness and sanitary qualities of the drinking glasses when nobody seems to give a damn about the restroom facilities.

It seems to me that it should be a simple problem to take care of. Unfortunately, this complaint has been around for years, but in many cases it has fallen on deaf ears. The filthy restroom issue made it to my "I Don't Get It" list a long time ago. And I still don't get it. Why won't some of these venues clean up their facilities? What's the hard part?

Guest Astrrro

Sunee is a relaxing place with for the most part expat friendly pricing.

I rarely go to Pattayaland unless someone drags me into Obsessions, a bar with two entrances, the Kitten Club entrance for girls and the Obsessions entrance for ladyboys.

If you do go to Obsessions, pop into the Penthouse Hotel lobby first, say you're a member of the Ladyboys Forum, and they'll give you a 15% discount card for the bar.