TotallyOz

Do you mind if I date your boyfriend when you go away?

Guest Astrrro

Unlikely ... you are scared of the truth.

GG, did you order the code red? :D

Jessep: You want answers?

Kaffee (Tom Cruise): I think I'm entitled to them.

Jessep: You want answers?

Kaffee: I want the truth!

Jessep: You can't handle the truth! Son, we live in a world that has walls. And those walls have to be guarded by men with guns. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Lt. Weinberg? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Santiago and you curse the Marines. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know: that Santiago's death, while tragic, probably saved lives. And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives...You don't want the truth. Because deep down, in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that wall. You need me on that wall.

We use words like honor, code, loyalty...we use these words as the backbone to a life spent defending something. You use 'em as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom I provide, then questions the manner in which I provide it! I'd rather you just said thank you and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon and stand a post. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you're entitled to!

Kaffee: Did you order the code red?

Jessep: (quietly) I did the job you sent me to do.

Kaffee: Did you order the code red?

Jessep: You're goddamn right I did!!

Guest RichLB

So far, I've stayed away from this topic but do have several reactions.

As I read the thread topic, I would be angered at even being asked the question. If I define someone as my boyfried, they are not a public utility and the qustion presupposes they are. This is demeaning to my relationship and betrays an insensitivity to my feelings as it presupposes my boyfriend is on public offer. A "boyfriend" is a special status and I expect my friends to respect that.

If, on the other hand, we are not talking about a boyfriend, but a gogo dancer with whom I have a regular off, my answer would still be "yes" but without the outrage. I suppose it's just me, but it makes me feel weird having this kind of abstract threeway with a friend. I don't want to bring thoughts of what the guy and my friend might have done or not done into my sexual bed. In fact, I have enough trouble even thinking of my friends here in Pattaya having sex at all (and, yes, I recognize that is a personal problem and most probably not healthy at all). I find myself engaging in the same kind of mental gymnastics as I do when I consider my parents being sexual with each other. I, of course, know better, but I don't like to consider it. For me, sharing a gogo dancer with a friend would move me to visualizations I find uncomfortable.

And, if it's just a dancer with whom no relationship has been established, I'd still feel uncomfortable but would not likely try to prohibit my friend from taking him off.

A civil war could break out in Thailand at any moment and the denizens of Pattaya are worried about which bar-boy can or cannot be taken off.

I'm sure there are many people around who can actually be "worried" about more than just one thing at a time.

In fact, I have enough trouble even thinking of my friends here in Pattaya having sex at all

Sex? Ohhhh yes, I remember that . . . .

Guest mauRICE

I'm sure there are many people around who can actually be "worried" about more than just one thing at a time.

Ohh, I'm sure you're right. Where to find the cheapest all-you-can-eat buffets, whether the riots in Bangkok will bring down the exchange rates to our advantage and whether Mr Moo sells the finest cut of pork in Pattaya are some of the concerns that come to mind.

Guest mauRICE

I find myself engaging in the same kind of mental gymnastics as I do when I consider my parents being sexual with each other. I, of course, know better, but I don't like to consider it.

While I have no problems with my parents having sex - why shoudn't they as fit and healthy sixty-year-olds - I do cringe sometimes when some of these old farang hit on me or make inappropriate remarks of a sexual nature. It's like having one of your uncles or father's friends grope you...mentally. Perhaps it's my Asian sensitivity, but you do expect your elders to behave better than that.

Ohh, I'm sure you're right.

You've got it. I'm definitely right. Yes, those do come to mind, along with a great many other similar concerns that interest me and plenty of other people. And guess what, I still concern myself with other things including the things of importance to you. Apparently you have a problem about that. Now I see. My concerns have to be the same as yours, or better still exclusively yours, otherwise it's time to start belittling. Nevertheless I see you too have read every one of those posts.

Now that you've had your put-down, let's get back to the subject of the thread.

So far, I've stayed away from this topic but do have several reactions.

In fact, I have enough trouble even thinking of my friends here in Pattaya having sex at all (and, yes, I recognize that is a personal problem and most probably not healthy at all).

Try to stop thinking about such things. If you ever did find out what they really did in bed you may not want them to be your friends. Oh my God, he does that! :o

Guest mlomker

Is a go-go boy on stage a boyfriend or an available prostitute?

I'd have to say available. I had this very conversation with a host bar boy in the last month...he obstensibly wants a guy to take him out of the business but I told him that I couldn't trust him as long as he worked at a bar. I agreed to hang out with him on my next trip and maybe if he does go back to doing massage, I'll find him more believable. Maybe not...at 38 I've been around the block as far as liars go. lol.