michael876

Any eperience with Le Siam hotel?

I stayed there in January, and enjoyed it. The rooms are of reasonable size and nicely appointed. The only thing I disliked was that the room I was in had a really slippy wooden floor. I had to avoid walking around in socks as any time I did I nearly slipped.

There was no problem with joiners, they didn’t pay any heed to who you are bringing back even though the lift is beside the reception.

The little pool was a nice addition for a late afternoon swim.

I don’t know about the breakfast, as I did not have breakfast included, and so I had my breakfast in “Took Lae Dae” on the basement of the Park Siam shopping mall, which is two minutes walk away, across the road.

If you go through the ground floor of that building, you are right beside Sala Daeng BTS station.

1 hour ago, forrestreid said:

I stayed there in January, and enjoyed it. The rooms are of reasonable size and nicely appointed. The only thing I disliked was that the room I was in had a really slippy wooden floor. I had to avoid walking around in socks as any time I did I nearly slipped.

There was no problem with joiners, they didn’t pay any heed to who you are bringing back even though the lift is beside the reception.

The little pool was a nice addition for a late afternoon swim.

I don’t know about the breakfast, as I did not have breakfast included, and so I had my breakfast in “Took Lae Dae” on the basement of the Park Siam shopping mall, which is two minutes walk away, across the road.

If you go through the ground floor of that building, you are right beside Sala Daeng BTS station.

Great! Thanks for the useful reply.

19 hours ago, vinapu said:

I join the praise chorus, along with Raya, Baan Silom and Furama Sathorn, Le Siam is among my favorite four hotels in the area. 

Forgot to ask you. How is Raya regarding visitors and how is the noise if any? 

Visitors no problem at all. Reception is on 5th floor  so if you room is on another floor you will not pass by at all as entry is by car.

If one is super discreet service elevator from parking can be used 7/24 so even on 5th floor reception will not see you.

As for noise it may be some from construction besides during day but that depends on where your room is

I've seen Le Siam deteriorate considerably over the past 20 years. 

It used to be quite elegant, but when I returned in 2019 it was a bit tattered and sad. I wonder if ownership/management changed at some point.

However, I'm sure it's still a fine place to stay in terms of comfort, cleanliness, and price.