TotallyOz

Nasty Gossip Lures

In a post that was removed today, there was a back and forth exchange between 2 posters. In less than one day, it has over 500 views. I guess that goes to show what people really like to read.

Ever wondered why the tabloids make so much money? People read them.

Luckily, we are not interested in tabloid journalism here. Keep it nice boys!

In a post that was removed today, there was a back and forth exchange between 2 posters. In less than one day, it has over 500 views. I guess that goes to show what people really like to read.

Either that or there are two very used "mouses" and tired fingers, still hot from the exchange.

Guest luvthai

I guess we are worse than a bunch of old grannies at a quilting bee. We love our gossip also. Its especially true with those of us that do not live in thailand but thirst for any info on the place. The post that was removed tho really went to far and should have been removed.

Guest letmetellu

I have an acquaintance who works for the london tabloids, not a friend as any one who tells stories about people that will go round the world is the lowest form of life in my book, he tells me there is a big story about Pattaya and Bangkok ready to blow to top off the Gay Sex Scene there this weekend, mentioning a few local well known faces, I said to him dont you ever get a conscience making up stories about people to sell newspapers, he said well there is sometimes an ounce of truth but "why let the truth get in the way of a good story". so I emailed a couple of friends to say be careful, it then got round the town in a couple of days I noticed.

I know what it means when a couple of people think they can tarnish your name making up stories about you, just to get publicity because no one takes any notice of them when they write alone, even though we are only having a fun battle, about our selves, it would never spill over to war but it would seem your right this is what readers love, because it takes them out of there own some times hum drum lives, and makes some feel that they are not so bad, because there is people far worst off then they are they think any way.

I was told that if you put sex or pedophiles in the story or tell gossip about a previously well healed person, it makes no difference if its made up, it will sell around the world, as proven with these silly stubbourn old queens, bitching about nothing on some of these forums, yesterday was proof, I was amazed how many people, like a forest fire it took off in 24 hours, controversy does sell, even though as I am awear it is interesting and all in fun Im sure, you still get one side who takes if seriously, but as the moderators wisely have seen sense, you can not have people firing insults at each other, even if it is a joke taken out of context.

So if you set some one up as it would seem is happening in the sunday tabloids this week end, when the guys try to complain it will look as though they are guilty even more, as they can not afford to sue a big sunday paper and if it is proven to be lies, as it mostly usually is, a small apology will be put in the back of the paper some where.

So look listen but take it all with a pinch of salt if it happens, when the dust settles your soon see what the true really is, tighten your seat belt I hope your not mentioned but if you are, its like as we say in london, yesterdays fish and chip paper soon forgotten.

" ... In a post that was removed today, there was a back and forth exchange between 2 posters. In less than one day, it has over 500 views. I guess that goes to show what people really like to read ... "

Well !!! It's one thing to remove a few posts (Catty has nothing to say anyway, about anything. Never did. Good show on that call), and LMTU is as passe as the 70's (a decade he still lives in, if not haunts) . . . . but isn't deleting the entire thread a bit over the top?

I thought my delicious commentary was worth saving. Hedda's was Just-Plain-Typical and thus good to save as "an example". A couple of others were relevent in terms of objecting to the stupidity of both of them. (That is to say, Catty & LMTU ... not Hedda).

Khun GayThailand, have you ever thought of adding "Ayatollah" to your handle's back end? Now now, don 't tell me that 'back end' has not seen use. I've been reading your exploits after all ... quite appalling I should add.

Power to the bitches ... I say!!!!!

Cheers ...

but isn't deleting the entire thread a bit over the top?

No, it isn't. On that same thread you wrote, "Good god . . . this thread sounds like some of the cess-pool bickering much more common on Sawatdee Forum!! The Mod is going to have to step in I'm afraid."

Now you want to criticize him for doing precisely what you suggested. He had to remove the thread entirely, whether you approve of it or not. If he had removed only the posts that caused the problems, then the rest of the thread would have made no sense at all, not that it made all that much sense in the first place.

It's one thing for a little cat fighting to occur within threads on which the topic is something else, such as threads about Niddy's Nook always seems to generate, but that thread's very topic and initial post was an attack post. If he had let that stand, it would create a precedent that we don't want on this web site. You're right. That kind of garbage belongs on the Sawatdee Forum, if there is actually some sort of need for attacks at all. If people want to wage a war of words and attack each other, then they'll have to find somewhere else to do it.

You don't have to worry about GayThailand becoming the "Ayatollah." Now that he has made his policy clear regarding such posts, I'll be glad to take on that task. I'm always being accused of needless deletions and censorship anyway. So, as long as people have already decided I'm guilty of doing that, I might as well at least commit the crime, and that's just what I'm going to do if another thread like that ever appears on this web site.

Guest catawampuscat

smiles, your smug nasty little comments are typical of the type of posting on SGF and

you never miss an opportunity to sling some shit my way when you can.. Fortunatley,

you carry no weight on this site and are just another pathetic troll...

I happen to agree to the deletion of the thread as it started innocently and then was attacked..

I personally advised GT of the threathing tone of the posting and my own less than civil retort,

for his advisement and I concur with his decision..

You're right. That kind of garbage belongs on the Sawatdee Forum, if there is actually some sort of need for attacks at all. If people want to wage a war of words and attack each other, then they'll have to find somewhere else to do it.

Interesting that you should say that isn't it? Becuase this thread wasn't started on Sawatdee Gay Thailand was it, it was started on yours.

I wonder what that might be telling us?

I wonder what that might be telling us?

It might be telling us that the person who started it ought to have started it on Sawatdee instead of this board and that Sawatdee would probably be a much higher quality board if moderators there also refused to allow that sort of garbage in the first place.

Does it tell you something different?

Well it tells me that contrary to the claims of superiority regarding this board, there really isn't any difference between it and Sawatdee apart from the moderation policy. And that, at the end of the day, comes down to little more than a matter of personal taste; it

Well it tells me that contrary to the claims of superiority regarding this board, there really isn't any difference between it and Sawatdee apart from the moderation policy. And that, at the end of the day, comes down to little more than a matter of personal taste; it

I see no claims made by any moderator or the board owner that this board is superior to anything. If such posts exist, please point them out...........

As for what goes on at Sawatdee, you're right. I couldn't care less. If they want to host hate sessions and cat fights, along with flame posts, misleading information, etc, that's their business.

What posts have misleading information on Sawatdee? If such posts exist please point them out.....

Guest Snowkat

What posts have misleading information on Sawatdee? If such posts exist please point them out.....

Hate to raise the subject but Niddy Nook advertising fits the bill.

Guest Thaiquila

Hate to raise the subject but Niddy Nook advertising fits the bill.

Anybody up for a cheeseburger? It's the best in Pattaya, yah know...

Thaiquila