Jason1988

What are you?

What are you?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Top, Bottom, Versatile or neither.

• Bottom
    • Versatile
    • Neither top or bottom

Guest fountainhall

I am interested in the poll's findings - in particular the number who might vote "neither". There's a tendency to assume that gay guys are either top or bottom. Interestingly (at least I think so), I have met Thai and Chinese guys who would vote in that category (if they could vote).

There's a tendency to assume that gay guys are either top or bottom.

And that's a tendency that also seems to be universally applied. Some people are oral only. Some are into masturbation only. If the gay vernacular includes words for those preferences, I'm not aware of it. All I ever see is "top" or "bottom." Other preferences appear to be disregarded.

Even when creating a profile on Gay Romeo, the only choices they provide for listing your personal preferences are "Top," "Bottom," or "Versatile." And "Versatile" is taken to mean those who are both "Top" and "Bottom," but doesn't seem to have much to do with anything else.

This is a poll for visitors and expats. Are you top, bottom, versatile or neither?

I suggest you define "top" and "bottom". Many are confused as to just what these terms mean. I had one ex-friend who believed he was a top since he was on top of the guy he was sucking off.

I think top & bottom are fairly well

understood.

However, oral is less clear. What terms should be used?

That was the point I was trying to make regarding definitions.

To me, anyone who has a cock shoved up his ass or down his throat is a bottom! The person doing the shoving is the top. Of course, one can be versatile and enjoy both aspects. :p

Guest xiandarkthorne

Same here. I'm an oral junkie and versatile, too, though I am invariably the insertor when it comes to the other end. So, I guess, for that reason, I am a top.

Guest fountainhall

I am a top.

I knew this thread reminded me of something-

You're the top!

You're the Coliseum.

You're the top!

You're the Louvre Museum.

You're a melody from a symphony by Strauss

You're a Bendel bonnet,

A Shakespeare's sonnet,

You're Mickey Mouse.

You're the Nile,

You're the Tower of Pisa,

You're the smile on the Mona Lisa

I'm a worthless check, a total wreck, a flop,

But if, baby, I'm the bottom you're the top!

With many thanks to xiandarkthorne (and not forgetting Cole Porter)! Maybe someone could rewrite these lyrics and make it a new gay anthem :p