Guest thailandyou

Want a Gay Friend! Or Any Idea?

Guest thailandyou

I am looking for places where I can make a gay friend.

I am Japanese gay and 22 years old.

I recently came to Bangkok. But I do not have a friend.

So I am lonely...

Please contact me!!

Guest fountainhall

This seems to be some sort of prank! I called thailandyou. A Japanese voice answered 'Hai?'. I referred to his message and invited him to meet for a drink. Without any response, the phone then went dead. Five minutes later, I called from another phone. What I thought was a slightly different, deeper Japanese voice answered. Again, I mentioned the post. This time he spoke, but only in Japanese. So, either he did not like the sound of my voice (impossible! :o ) or this post is not what it seems to be!

Very odd. Most Japanese who travel abroad can manage at least basic English.

thailandandyou, please could you explain what type of people you want to meet?

If Japanese speakers only, please specify in your post, so people know.

Also, have you tried Gayromeo?

Guest fountainhall

Or a scam.

I have never come across a scam like this and so do not know. All I can say is that on my second call, the person definitely spoke fluent Japanese but seemed unable to speak any English. I also go the feeling that the voice was older than that of the first respondent. Curious!

Please contact me!!

I would respectfully suggest the OP who is a total unknown on this message board be given a further 24 hours to explain himself, and failing that the topic be deleted.

Posting a request in perfect English and leaving a phone number which is answered in Japanese and then ended in abrupt fashion is most uncivil.

It is possible the OP may have been out when Fountainhall made his two calls but I'm not holding my breath, and that would only apply if that number is a landline. I would assume it is a mobile number in which case I would also assume the OP would answer - after all, if you post on a message board and leave your number you are going to be making jolly sure you answer it personally.

I would respectfully suggest the OP who is a total unknown on this message board be given a further 24 hours to explain himself

Are you serious? I wouldn't give him 24 minutes. The scam is so obvious. Of course, there is always the possibility, however remote, that the guy is actually for real. So, rather than respond by calling the number, if you really want to "help" this guy find a nice friend because he is so lonely, just send him a text message - the entirety of the message being: http://www.gayromeo.com

Are you serious? I wouldn't give him 24 minutes. The scam is so obvious.

I'm sure the mods and/or site owner will carefully weigh your thoughts given you'd never jump to a hasty or incorrect determination. Years of experience does grant one certainty it would seem.

Guest fountainhall

The scam is so obvious.

I must have had too much to drink or something, but what is the scam here? Since the guy now has my landline and mobil phone numbers, can he do something with them?

I must have had too much to drink or something, but what is the scam here? Since the guy now has my landline and mobil phone numbers, can he do something with them?

No, that shouldn't cause you any harm. The possibility I was referring to was that the original post might be intended to get someone to phone a premium rate line. Premium rate scams do happen, in various forms but it seems it's not that either. Just odd........

you'd never jump to a hasty or incorrect determination

When it comes to this sort of thing, despite your sarcasm, you're right. If you really can't see through it, why not arrange to meet him and afterwards tell me how wrong I was? If it turns out I'm wrong, I'll be happy to eat a well deserved serving of crow.

The post in near perfect English, followed by two phone calls, the phone answered by two different people, neither of whom spoke English, but the guy is so lonely? Ok . . .

Guest thaiworthy

I think the OP is younger than 22 and is using his parent's phone line in the post. The two people who answered the phone may have been them. if real, the guy might be very closeted, fearful and just wants someone to talk to. I doubt if meetings from gayromeo is going to help him, more like abuse him. If he's sincere, he would have replied to this thread by now, so mebbe mom and dad have control over that, too. Lots of possible explanations here, and this is only one.

I think the OP is younger than 22 and is using his parent's phone line in the post. The two people who answered the phone may have been them.

If that's the case, then why would he write such a post and leave that phone number, especially having no idea how many calls he might get? That makes no sense to me at all.

Suppose this guy actually turns out to be genuine? Meanwhile you've got 65-trillion other boys available in Thailand. Do what you want, gents, but that post and the responses to the phone calls only mean "red lights" to me.

I think the OP is younger than 22 and is using his parent's phone line in the post. The two people who answered the phone may have been them. if real, the guy might be very closeted, fearful and just wants someone to talk to. at, too. Lots of possible explanations here, and this is only one.

Quite possible Thaiworthy. A friend was in the Manila and hooked up with a young guy on GayRomeo. The guy was very fearful and only reluctantly sent his photo. At the time my friend was sure this guy was playing games. Turns out he was a medical student, gay, handsome and craving sex. But could not have sex with anyone that could reveal him to his parents, with whom he lived. A total closet case. Your scenario is probable.

I considered deleting the thread yesterday, but any sensible person can read the other posts on this thread and make his own conclusions before making any calls.

The suggestion to leave it another 24 hours and then delete the thread seems about right.

Guest fountainhall

Out of interest, I tried the number again this morning. It was definitely a Japanese who answered, and the voice seemed younger than the one I spoke to the last time - but that may just be faulty memory. Despite my opening with a phrase in Japanese, when I switched to English he said in Japanese that he only spoke Japanese. I suspect someone is playing a prank on him.

Out of interest, I tried the number again this morning. It was definitely a Japanese who answered, and the voice seemed younger than the one I spoke to the last time - but that may just be faulty memory. Despite my opening with a phrase in Japanese, when I switched to English he said in Japanese that he only spoke Japanese. I suspect someone is playing a prank on him.

It is beginning to sound like that, but I think you were correct to call him. I don't see any red light here, and no harm in trying. I remember the old days of being in the closet where gays would even leave their phone numbers on bath room walls in an attempt to meet someone gay. (I never did, but I know some who did and got lucky.) It is a shame it was not for real as it very well could have been someone trying to reach out. I think it was nice of you to call him and were I not married i would have done the same, but then I am not a cynic in spite of my age.

I suspect someone is playing a prank on him.

perhaps to prevent such abuses the management and moderators could ban the publishing of unverified personal information. perhaps they could add something like this to the Covenant

The Gay Thailand Management takes very seriously the privacy of its members and recognizes the desire and in many cases the need for discretion. Personal information that can be used to identify a member, a user, or a go go boy or bar boy, whether or not a Gay Thailand member, shall not be permitted. No member shall publish or cause to be published such personal information. A violation of the Covenant shall be cause for immediate termination of Forum privileges.

Personal information is any information that identifies a person or his residence or place of employment and includes but is not necessarily limited to:

- first and last name

- residential or business address

- phone number

- Social Security number

- credit card number

- e-mail address

- Photos of subject or subject's family/friends/pets/place of residence or employment/study, automobile*, or auto license plate.

- IP address

- age or any other specific information which clearly identifies an individual.

oh wait - that is already in the Covenant, but obviously "n all instances, Gay Thailand management shall be the final arbiter of what constitutes personal information" so I am not in any way trying to suggest that someone may have been asleep at the wheel in allowing the post initially!

bkkguy

oh wait - that is already in the Covenant

I think that's a good point. While some may say the rule should apply when someone is trying to post personal information about another person, and shouldn't apply if someone is voluntarily posting his own phone number, there is still the possibility of someone playing games with another person's telephone number.

I think it would be best for people who want to give out their own telephone number to do so via a PM or Email. I think posting personal telephone numbers should not be allowed at all, even if someone wants to post his own.

Guest fountainhall

I agree with bkkguy and Gaybutton. There is an element of risk in permitting any personal telephone numbers to be posted which should be eliminated by making it against the regulations.

A poster wishing to find a friend or obtain some assistance can still post the information along with a request that the assistance be provided by a PM from the members' personal message service.