kokopelli

Today's Quiz

I had twenty questions in mind when I asked. I guess as the quizmaster you can decide how many we get, unless of course somebody has a flash of brilliance or just happens to know what it is.

By the way, anyone who does know what it is, probably only knows because he uses it himself, so if as Bob suggests it's summat to do with plumbing all well and good, but if it's use is for something more personal I think I am glad to remain an ignoramus.

19 questions to go!! I thought by now someone would know the answer? I hate to give out tips but I think that Christian would know as he is an expert on the subject.

Plumbing? Yes that may be a possibility. Same same as you, have no idea as to the string.

Rogie, I am not so sure that anyone has personal experience with this gizmo but I cannot rule that out.

I rather doubt that it is, but it looks very like a live cell chamber for a microscope. A cover glass, on which cells had been grown would be mounted in the left hand component using the right hand component as a retaining ring, with the O ring as a watertight seal to hold culture medium. Then put it on an inverted microscope, with the open side up, imaging through the cells through the glass.

Wow, ceejay's explanation almost sent me to sleep but it's so precisely technical it has the ring of truth! I agree the ring with the string is probably an O ring to make a good seal whatever the other bits are for. Koko knows a lot about science so the microscope/microbiology explanation is looking good.

However, Koko did say that 'some may consider it a sex aid. . . ' You've got to be a pretty strange individual if some microscopy equipment arouses you! :p

Just in case ceejay's explanation is not the right one, I have another question. You mentioned Christian and I believe he is a chemist or chemical engineer or something similar, so is it something he might come across in his line of work?

Guest thaiworthy

Is it some device that aids in circumcisions? I only say that because you mentioned Christian's name, and that is what first came to mind.

Christian announced he is taking a break from posting on another web site. It might help if you could give us the dimensions and they are not shown in the picture. My guess is some king of bulkhead fitting for going thought a solid wall with pipe, pvc, or conduit.

Kuhn Worthy wins the contest. He will receive a free device to use as he sees best. It is a non-surgical circumcision device; the link below gives the details on its usage. Yup, mention Christian's name and circumcisions come to mind.

It is said to be painless and now in the testing phase in Africa. The ultimate purpose is for the prevention of HIV.

Rogie was getting warm with his question regarding whether it was a sex aid. Some may say yes and others say no. And FH also was getting close to its use except the wrong gender.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/08/14/health/nonsurgical-circumcision-device-will-be-tested-to-help-curb-aids.html?_r=1&ref=todayspaper

Guest thaiworthy

Thank you for this (dubious) honor, Koko-- but there may be hell to pay for when Christian gets back.

Therefore, I would like to forward my prize to him. And I'm sure he'll tell me what I can do with it.

What's next, a tattoo gun? Orthodontic braces?

Public health authorities hope to circumcise 20 million adult men in Africa by 2015 to slow the continent’s AIDS epidemic, which is spread chiefly through heterosexual sex.

I shall have to conduct an intensive search for volunteers. Imagine, 20 million men! BTW, are these recyclable?

Sorry no tips to help you (yet).

555! Koko made a funny. Should have guessed it by the pun alone. Good one, Khun Pelli.

I'll be damned, Khun TW is now using a magic o-ring to make somebody's foreskin disappear!

But I should've guessed given all the rumors about him hiding thousands of them before.... :ninja: Harry Houdini morphs into Hairy DoWeenie! :p

(stifle the groans, I apologize in advance)

Read this thread only today. I had no idea what this device was for.

I do NOT want to be associated with circumcision.

I am again utterly puzzled about this new proposal to curtail the spread of HIV by circumcision. The only explanation I have that the catholic church is behind all these studies. Condoms prevent the spread not only of HIV, but of other venereal diseases, as well as unwanted pregnancy, much better.

And I'm sure he'll tell me what I can do with it.

Well, in German we sometimes say: "you can shove it under your foreskin", but this saying is inappropriate in this context. So I have to resort to "you can nail it to your kneecap". (I'm not sure if these sayings translate well. If you know English equivalents, please let me know.)

. The only explanation I have that the catholic church is behind all these studies.

. If you know English equivalents, please let me know.)

Maybe it is a Muslim conspiracy? They believe in circumcision and this could be the first step to conversion?

"Shove it up your ass" or "shove it where the sun doesn't shine" are common sayings.

But for Kuhn Worthy, something more polite like "kiss my grits" would make him laugh.

I know "Shove it up your ass", but it's too impolite in this connection. "Shove it where the sun doesn't shine" is better (the answer - where he can put this device - is supposed to be funny, not insulting).

For the record: PFC means "Private First Class" (the English (language) equivalent of the rank I had when leaving the German army, at time (2001) we still had compulsory military service).

Let me continue this thread: what is the following device? (Both pictures show the same device, from the third side it looks the same.)

DSCN4769.jpg

DSCN4770.jpg

(Don't look up the website on the sticker, that's cheating!) Pictures taken in Paris, 19th arrondissement, there are a few more of these devices.