TotallyOz

Air Conditioned Baht Buses in Pattaya

Has anyone see the VIP red baht buses running around Pattaya. They are not baht trucks. They are actual buses. The cost is 20 baht.

I haven't seen them yet, but something I have been wondering about is what became of the city buses? Remember those? The red, green, and yellow lines, or whatever the colors were at 30 baht a ride. Has anyone seen any of them lately? I haven't spotted any in quite some time. Either I'm blind or they have simply disappeared.

I haven't seen them yet, but something I have been wondering about is what became of the city buses? Remember those? The red, green, and yellow lines, or whatever the colors were at 30 baht a ride. Has anyone seen any of them lately? I haven't spotted any in quite some time. Either I'm blind or they have simply disappeared.

I have seen the Green one a few times recently but not on same time service as before. Still on the big route via Naklua and down Sukhumvit to Jomtien other way Beach Road to Jomtien. Sen Red but never seen a Yellow one. It was not well supported.

I have seen the Green one a few times recently but not on same time service as before. Still on the big route via Naklua and down Sukhumvit to Jomtien other way Beach Road to Jomtien. Sen Red but never seen a Yellow one. It was not well supported.

I've managed to catch the red one from Jomtien beach a couple of times and was very impressed; cool and comfortable ride at resonable speed for 20Bt. I got a timetable form the driver. They run evry 5-20mins during the daytime and will stop any where you want on the route, not just the official stops. Not worth waiting for as no specific times, so you could end up waiting 20 mins, but a treat if it draws up at when you need to go back form the beach.

I've managed to catch the red one from Jomtien beach a couple of times and was very impressed; cool and comfortable ride at resonable speed for 20Bt. I got a timetable form the driver. They run evry 5-20mins during the daytime and will stop any where you want on the route, not just the official stops. Not worth waiting for as no specific times, so you could end up waiting 20 mins, but a treat if it draws up at when you need to go back form the beach.

Yellow Bus route 3 seen today outside City Hall........

Guest thrillbill8

Yes, I also once happened to hopped into one of the AC busses from Jomtien and rode way beyond Dolphin Circle for only 20 baht. I'd sit around and wait for it again but it is always a hit and miss thing..does it really follow a time table? More people should use it.

Guest lvdkeyes

I like the schedule of 5-20 minutes. Translated, that means anytime it happens to come.

I have taken the red bus a couple of times from VT 2 to Big C when I happend to be at the bus stop at the right time.

Then just to see where the red bus actually goes, I got on at Big C heading toward Naklua. The bus went to Naklua turned right to Sukumvit then left to the Rayong turnoff. From there it made a U turn back onto Sukumvit and went all the way down to a soi (sorry I don't know the name) and turned right to Jomtien Beach Road. It came out there at the police box a fair distance down from Dongtan Beach. From there it went up to KFC and turned right and continued on Thrappya Road back to Big C. The whole circular route cost 20 baht in airconditioned comfort. More than an hour ride.