TotallyOz

MBK in Bangkok: A Day in Photos

For those that need a cell phone repair or a new phone, the place to go in Pattaya is Tuk Com but the place to go in Bangkok is MBK. They have a massive section for cell phone sales, repair, etc. However, every time we tried to take out our cameras, we were asked to put them away. LOL I guess they didn't want photos of all the knock offs?

MBK is also a mall with a ton of stores and places to eat. It also has a movie theater.

MBK is often the place where my boys say they want to shop when they have some money to spend on clothes.

Siam Paragon is for high end shoppers and I can't afford most of the stores there but I love the food court. However, MBK is much more affordable and many Thai's love shopping there.

I like the movie theater there and have seen my fair share of movies at MBK.

I don't like their food court as much as most other malls in this area but the boys like it as it has a lot of Thai food.

All in all, MBK is a fun experience if you have not been there.

MBK_Bangkok_July_22.jpg

MBK_Bangkok_July_21.jpg

MBK_Bangkok_July_20.jpg

MBK_Bangkok_July_18.jpg

MBK_Bangkok_July_19.jpg

MBK_Bangkok_July_17.jpg

MBK_Bangkok_July_16.jpg

MBK_Bangkok_July_14.jpg

MBK_Bangkok_July_15.jpg

MBK_Bangkok_July_13.jpg

MBK_Bangkok_July_12.jpg

MBK_Bangkok_July_10.jpg

MBK_Bangkok_July_11.jpg

MBK_Bangkok_July_9.jpg

MBK_Bangkok_July_8.jpg

MBK_Bangkok_July_6.jpg

MBK_Bangkok_July_7.jpg

MBK_Bangkok_July_4.jpg

MBK_Bangkok_July_5.jpg

MBK_Bangkok_July_1.jpg

MBK_Bangkok_July_2.jpg

MBK_Bangkok_July_3.jpg

Guest fountainhall

Excellent report! I enjoy visiting MBK, but I still get confused by its escalators - meaning I often can't find them!!

Guest anonone

It has been a long while since I spent any time in Bangkok.  I do remember my first trip to Thailand going to MBK to wander around. 

They had those great pedestrian bridges over looking the main roadway.  I spent an hour just watching the chaotic traffic and being amazed by the motorbikes darting in-and-out, going the wrong way down the street. 

Thanks for the photos Michael.

Guest shamahan

boys say they want to shop when they have some money to spend on clothes.

Siam Paragon is for high end shoppers and I can't afford most of the stores there but I love the food court. However, MBK is much more affordable and many Thai's love shopping there.

I like the movie theater there and have seen my fair share of movies at MBK.

I don't like their food court as much as most other malls in this area but the boys like it as it has a lot of Thai food.

All in all, MBK is a fun experience if you have not been there.

You cannot afford most of the stores there? Whom are you kidding?

You cannot afford most of the stores there? Whom are you kidding?

I am a very frugal person and would never buy things like Versace or Louis Vuitton or other overly priced items that I don't need just in order to show people I have a name brand anything.

It has never been something I did. My clothes are from JJ Market for shorts and the USA JC Penny's for shirts. I am confident that I have not spent more on clothes for myself in one year than most people reading this do in 5 years. It is just not my thing.

I do like nice hotels but everyone picks and chooses where to spend their money. I like a good place to live and work. Expensive restaurants and expensive clothes have never been part of my favorite things. And, the clothes from Siam Paragon are way off my clothes budget.

Guest shamahan

I am a very frugal person 

I do like nice hotels but everyone picks and chooses where to spend their money. I like a good place to live and work.  

I definitely do not question your prerogative  to spend your money as you choose. However, it does not mean you cannot afford certain things.

You simply choose not to have them. It was kind of totally misleading. There is a huge difference between cannot afford and choice of not having. In the world where vast majority actually cannot afford to say that in your situation is kind of tacky...

I definitely do not question your prerogative  to spend your money as you choose. However, it does not mean you cannot afford certain things.

You simply choose not to have them. It was kind of totally misleading. There is a huge difference between cannot afford and choice of not having. In the world where vast majority actually cannot afford to say that in your situation is kind of tacky...

LOL You find me saying I can't afford to spend money on clothes (the truth) as it is not in my clothes budget more tacky than your own personal comments. LOL You must be either kidding or delusional. Wait. Sorry, I didn't mean delusional, I meant you choose not to apply your brain to the real issue behind your contempt. :)

Guest shamahan

Sorry. I did not mean to anger you. Just wanted to mention that it is quite hypocritical for a guy who likes to bragg about his personal wealth on public message boards to call himself frugal.

Sorry. I did not mean to anger you. Just wanted to mention that it is quite hypocritical for a guy who likes to bragg about his personal wealth on public message boards to call himself frugal.

No problem. You did not make me angry. I only post on this board with a few other posts on other boards related to gay Thailand. Can you possibly show me where I brag about my "personal wealth?" It would be most helpful for me to see how I am doing this as not to offend you.

The shops are hi-so and definitely not mass market.

Also the sizing is for the skinny bodies of the super

wealthy, not the larger sizes, most

of us require. No XXX large there.

Agree totally! But, add 2X's on for me. ;)

Guest surfcrest

I am a very frugal person and would never buy things like Versace or Louis Vuitton or other overly priced items that I don't need just in order to show people I have a name brand anything.

For the prices of that, you'd be better off flying to Italy....at least you'd get the most current lines. 

Besides, a lot of those fabrics don't breath well in the Thai heat and so you'd be best off aiming for good quality cotton.

Thailand does make some, but its hidden amongst all the other junk.

Check out Green Cotton on the 6th level MBK near the passenger elevators....down at the end near the Souvenir Zone. 

Surfcrest

I've neither seen Michael nor most other current contributors brag about their wealth*.

Of course quite a few fly at the front of the plane and stay in good hotels, but sharing their travel experiences in this way certainly isn't bragging. 

Other people who fly business class & stay at more expensive hotels would find the information useful.   Those of us who travel more frugally are often like to hear the reports too -both for interest & to establish if it ever might just be worth upgrading hotels.

* One ex-member might be an exception.