ChristianPFC

More cuties at Scorpion Bar 20.10.2013

don't worry , you made up for your perceived loss of face with all your prolific contributions on the boards and now in your blog.

I think most of us were at one point of time pissed off by the boy od choice , certainly I was, so you are not alone .

As we know availability of boys grows exponentially with thickness of wad of banknotes in our hand but as noted above it's better to go with somebody who kind of likes us instead of hoisting  ourselves upon them by money only.

@ChristianPFC, that makes sense, got it. :)

As for the "going rate" and such, I agree with those who say that for many tourists and business travelers it just isn't a lot of money. So paying more when they feel happy with the boy's attitude and "performance" should come quite naturally to them.

I don't usually off boys from bars, but when I hang out with a Thai friend whose job is somewhat less well paid than mine, quite often I spend about the same amount (1,500 to 2,000 baht) for just that, hanging out, no sex. Call me crazy, but it's usually a fun day.

When in Thailand I would not entertain an option of getting intimate with anybody who is NOT an ASEAN or East Asian national and at times I'm amazed when  somebody reports hooking with some Greenlander or Surinamese  in soi 4. ( I picked up small countries as to not offend anybody )

When traveling I strongly believe in supporting local industry , boys included. 

I was thinking strictly of nationality, when saying nationality doesn't matter.

I'm kind of very attracted to the appearance of oriental guys and don't mind if he comes from Thailand, Cambodia, Laos, Vietnam or wherever as long as he's cute, friendly and available.  

I agree that any gogo boys should be free to decline offs.  That way you are more likely to get a willing partner. 

As for the "going rate" and such, I agree with those who say that for many tourists and business travelers it just isn't a lot of money. So paying more when they feel happy with the boy's attitude and "performance" should come quite naturally to them.

I don't usually off boys from bars, but when I hang out with a Thai friend whose job is somewhat less well paid than mine, quite often I spend about the same amount (1,500 to 2,000 baht) for just that, hanging out, no sex. Call me crazy, but it's usually a fun day.

100% agree , most of my trips were 5-7 days and last thing on my mind while in BKK during such a short time was to check difference in drink prices in soi Twilight bars.

I understand that those on longer vacations or residents need to be more careful with their budget but also have time to look for bargains. I know feeling of running out of money and having ATM rejecting my card to my horror. 

While somebody would call you crazy if  you spent quite reasonable amount just to have fun day or evening fully dressed ?

One of my November boys I offed second night in row was so tired / in the morning went straight from my room to day work / that felled asleep before his  head hit the pillow and I was left with sandbag sleeping like the stone.

It  tuned out  to be quite a fun night for me having his silky, warm but lifeless  body to cling to  and still tipped him his full previous night's  rate.  / no,  I did not abuse situation and left those parts undisturbed until morning / . I don't think it was crazy and still smile at that memories. I think I mentioned this story in my Off to Thailand thread.

Off topic.

This episode has scarred me for life.

I had to look up the past participle of scar (scarred) not to confuse it with scare (scared), but in this case both apply (now I am scared of encountering more un-offable boys, which I will only learn when I want to off them, no mamasan will tell me when I enter the bar which boys are un-offable).

This provides as well a lesson in English phonetics: the final (mute) e in scare changes the pronunciation of the a that is two positions before it (scar-scare, similar not-note, hid-hide, more examples?). Not much different from Thai where vowels are writen after, before, above, below or around the consonant they belong to.

In English there are 17 ways (or some more or less, depending on dialect) to pronounce "ough", and in Thai there are 17 ways to write a final "t" sound.

This shall serve as an encouragement to learn Thai: If can speak English, you can learn Thai!