MrBill

HELP! Need Dentist in Pattaya

I checked the board and last entries about dentists I can find were circa 2008-09. I arrived 22 November felt some tenderness in one tooth. Now it's progressing to pain so I don't think it will last me till I get home on 04 December. I will leave Pattaya for Koh Samui on 28 November. I often get a physical at BKK-Pattaya while here, but previous comments suggest competent service at lower prices can be had for dental elsewhere. I am staying at Le Café Royale area. Thanks.

This is the best dentist I have ever been to and his prices are competitive. Unfortunately I have seen many dentists in my life so I know the difference.

It does not get any better then Dr Tapasit.  He was a Bangkok Pattaya for a long time and then opened his own practice. Lived in New Jersey many years so his English is perfect.

10 minutes on the Pattaya 2 Road baht bus.

This is Dr. T of Studio Smile by the dolphin roundabout on Beach Rd? Just looked at the web site. Now there are 5 dentists with impressive credentials. I left an email requesting an appointment. Thanks SO much for the info.

Haven't noticed much different from last trip. I even have same room as last year. Some new employees and some same as last year. When I checked in there was a young lady behind front desk. Since it was difficult getting down the soi at 11:45 PM, 2 employees came out to the head of the soi to take my bags from the taxi. Room rate exactly same as last year. Still get 10% discount from Utopia card. Haven't used the bar yet. There was a piano player last night. Menu seems to be just the same with no increase in price that I could see. Maybe my imagination but the mattress seems harder this year, or my body's become more brittle. I do like that the electrical outlets are set up to accept US plugs without the need for a converter.

Had to have a tooth extracted this A.M. I would wholeheartedly agree with Firecat69's recommendation of Dr. Tapasit. His colleague, a periodontist, was the one to take the tooth out, but he was there checking on things, and he spent almost an hour with me yesterday. All the dentists in their practice are highly skilled with superb credentials. Dr. T got his dental degree from Georgetown, a masters in dentistry from Univ of Maryland and post masters in implant dentistry from Univ of Toronto. My dentist in Michigan is going to be pissed when he finds out that I will be returning to Pattaya in 2014 to have some crowns done, which my dentist "treatment planned" (what a euphemism) out as just over $7k.  www.studiosmilethailand.com is their web site. I am happy they could fit me in on short notice, and didn't initially notice they are open 7 days a week - 11 hours a day Mon-Sat and 8 hrs on Sundays.

I went on Monday not knowing exactly what was wrong. For the consult with Dr. Tapasit including x-rays 1350 THB. He sticks to prosthodontics these days so I had to come back again. On Tuesday for the local anesthetic, extraction, pain medication and antibiotics 1850 THB. 3200 THB total. According to XE.com that's $99.55 US. Cleanings at my dentist in Michigan run me over $200, so I consider this VERY reasonable. I might suggest contacting them by email and asking for price range. I will come back next year. Dr. T said to contact him by email beforehand. Knowing what specific teeth need work he can give some idea he said.

Best thing for me besides the price... I haven't needed the pain medication. Two Tylenol after the procedure and two in the evening before bed did the trick. I woke up this morning with minor expected soreness, but NO pain whatsoever.