Guest shamahan

Amazing choice of European food in BIG C extra

Guest shamahan

This particular store always had some choice of European food but now it is really abundance.

Cheeses, sausages, ham, juices,cookies from all over Europe: France,Netherlands,Germany,Italy,Spain,Denmark you name it. My guess is that due to Russian embargo on West European food some of it found its way to South East Asia. Add to this falling

Euro (deliberate policy of European Central bank) and you will have almost ideal situation for Pattaya expats from North America . By the way, most of those items are not available in North America...

If you are currently in Pattaya, stop by and prepared to be amazed...Thank you,Putin.

I am also a fan of Big C Extra. The concern was it would change dramatically when they bought it from Carrefour but that hasn't been the case. Their meat section doesn't match Foodland or Villa but they also have interesting items from their bakery.

Guest abang1961

I enjoy grocery shopping in Thailand, especially in these hyper-marts/wholesale centres.

I could spent hours (yes, really the period between breakfast and lunch) moving from aisle to aisle.

I don't have much time in Singapore to do this.... so on holidays, this is definitely on my agenda.

Furthermore due to currency exchange, it is a must for me to stock up the spices.

As for salami and sausages, I prefer the real meat ...... :p  :p  :p  :p  :p

One thing I've learned, living in Thailand as long as I have - if you shop around you can find nearly everything you're looking for.  If there's something you want that can't be found in one grocery store, you can often find it in another.  There are also specialty shops.  You might not find the name brand you want, but most of the time I can't tell any difference.

Two American products I wish I could find, but never have, are corned beef hash and good hot dogs.  If anyone knows where they can be found, anywhere in Thailand, I would be most grateful.

Other than those, I can't think of any other grocery items I miss and can't find.