TMax

Lumphini Park, silly question

Okay silly question, does anyone know what time the gates are open in the morning at Lumphini Park?

I have this weird body clock that over the many years of work has been tuned in to waking me up early in the mornings (I'm talking 05:30 / 06:00 even if I go to bed at midnight with a belly full of beer and or spirits) and figure if I'm going to be awake at that time I may as well get in my daily walk around the park if it's open.

Normally I join the health club and do an hour or so there in the mornings but since I only use their treadmills and exercise bikes I figure an early morning walk before breakfast would be a lot better.

Okay silly question, does anyone know what time the gates are open in the morning at Lumphini Park?

I have this weird body clock that over the many years of work has been tuned in to waking me up early in the mornings (I'm talking 05:30 / 06:00 even if I go to bed at midnight with a belly full of beer and or spirits) and figure if I'm going to be awake at that time I may as well get in my daily walk around the park if it's open.

Normally I join the health club and do an hour or so there in the mornings but since I only use their treadmills and exercise bikes I figure an early morning walk before breakfast would be a lot better.

Nothing silly with that question, I believe park is open at 4.30 a.m. Definitely at 6 in the morning will be open, since I'm still around will check and update

Thanks Vinapu, that is good news, appreciate it. The month long holiday is only a couple of weeks away now and I would like to start on a pathway to getting back into shape now that I have much more time on my hands.

I go jogging in Lumpini Park whilst in Bkk staying at tye Tarntawan Hotel. Loads of runners at dusk from 4.30pm, although you have to stop at 6.00 pm for the national anthem. About 2 miles round so 3 laps for me is a good run.

if everybody will be jogging, who will be watching TV ?

Guest abang1961

TMax,

One of my favourite activity in Bangkok (besides ogling at younger Caucasians) is to join the 7 am Taichi lesson at Lumpini. You dont have to be "good" at anything, just have to follow the crowd near the clock tower.  After 45 mins of "exercising", I would then take a good stroll around the park .. ending with breakfast at the open-air food court.. the soya bean drink is "damn good", a real thirst quencher.

Guest surfcrest

That National Anthem plays in the morning as well, at 08:00 AM. The park is alive at dawn and dusk as the people looking to get a little exercise are up and out before the sun is up and it's too hot to be doing anything physical outside.

The paved track that circles around inside the park is 2.432 kilometers and will take you by several groups practising Thai Chi. Everyone practises it differently and so it's nice to walk or jog around and appreciate the local culture and to appreciate this part of Bangkok life in the morning.

In between the various groups exercising, there are also groups of people simply enjoying tea or a little breakfast together. There are food vendors in the park. You may even get a chance to see the giant monitor lizards that swim in the murky waters and stroll along the grass.

Once the National Anthem has played at 8 AM the sun has risen, the sun is up and it is fast becoming too hot and so the crowd of Thais in the parks starts to thin.

Surfcrest

http://www.stickmanbangkok.com/StickmanWeeklyColumn2012/Lumpini-Park.htm