newalaan

Jomtien Area...any updates?

Not many detailed updates/reports regarding Jomtien recently across all the forums, other than the general 'it seems busy' or details of the Dong Tan beach traders. Rarely see actual bars and venues being reviewed or discussed. It's sometimes nice to get updates prior to a trip.

Have booked a short stay in Jomtien at the start of my upcoming Thailand visit at East Suites and this time I plan just to enjoy the Jomtien area and leave the other areas to later in the trip. Last trip in October it was lively enough there compared to other areas.

Anyone there now or recently visited have any current Jomtien bar/venue updates, openings/closures? I assume The Venue still runs shows, and can anyone confirm if Oh Yes! is still open.

Massage shop options? never had massage in Jomtien Complex area only in South Pattaya. Thanks in advance for any info.

since I'm not fan of beach areas,  visited only for few hours in Dec and can attest that Bamboo bar is still in operation during day and has quite a few cute and willing boys on duty.

Former Derby massage on the way to Jomtien Complex is now mixed massage place.

Hope others will chip in with more info

I walk through the complex almost daily and it currently busy, especially when compared to the other gay areas. There were two street parties last night. All the drinking bars have plenty of hosts and the restaurants in the area seemed busy. How long will it last? The complex has no go go bars but just about everything else. I like having a drink before dinner at one of the bars and then just a two minute walk to many of the dining choices in the area (Tapas, Ritz, Yupins, Le'arc, Indochine, Sam's, Casa Fellini, La Bocca, Natan's, Antz, just to name a few).

I was there last night with a friend. He said "nothing of interest" meaning no boys who attracted him. We did have drinks at two bars but were not solicited by any of the boys.  Venue is open.  The only remaining boy massage house is a no happy ending  massage from what was told to my friend.Lots of restaurants and beer bars but can't compare to Boyztown or Sunee when it comes to action.

Guest LoveThailand

For me the only missing piece are go-go bars. But I like Jomtine fun vibe a lot. So I was mostly oscillating between Jomtien and Boyztown - Sunee having too many too young-looking boys for my taste.

I was there last night with a friend. He said "nothing of interest" meaning no boys who attracted him. 

This doesn't mean anything. In December on few different occasions  I bar-hopped both in PTY and BKK  with  4 members of this board / z909, firecat, Christian nad xiluzer / and lesson learned is what is 'nothing of interest ' for one of us may be gem for another. 

Neither they were with mine nor I was impressed with their choices and this is very good sign - it means every boy have a chance.

Only exception was xiluzer who is fond of exactly the same types I like.

so bottom line is - go and check for yourself.

As for Love Thailand comment about Sunee I must say that even if that plaza is not my piece of cake at all in all 5 go-gos I visited last month I did not see drastically too young looking specimens. ID still should be checked   for peace of mind but Sunee likely cleaned their act or may be I'm being naive.

But again I'm not familiar with younger  sector of working boys and leave all under 25 y.o, 170 cm and 60 kg to others  

This doesn't mean anything. In December on few different occasions  I bar-hopped both in PTY and BKK  with  4 members of this board / z909, firecat, Christian nad xiluzer / and lesson learned is what is 'nothing of interest ' for one of us may be gem for another. 

Absolutely correct! My friend just strolled down the sois in Jomtien and instantly decided nothing was of interest to him without even sitting in a bar.  Like that guy who pokes his head into the door of a club and instantly decides nothing of interest.  ;) 

Absolutely correct! My friend just strolled down the sois in Jomtien and instantly decided nothing was of interest to him without even sitting in a bar.  Like that guy who pokes his head into the door of a club and instantly decides nothing of interest.  ;)

may be he just wasn't in the mood?

Anyways nothing wrong with poking and withdrawing, better then those guys who are sitting without ordering a drink  and just taking space and air.

Guest frequentflier

Over the past few years Jomtien complex has come on in leaps and bounds.Personally I think its great and  it does not need go go bars or clubs..Others might think differently but for me its a great change from the Boyztown areas.Sunee plaza has a few very good bars but the go go bars are not for me,the guys are too young.

I am not a big fan of GoGo Bars so not having any in Jomtien is not an issue for me. I rarely go to Boys Town so The Complex offers a nice relaxing alternative to Sunee Plaza for me.

My favourite Bar is 2 faces they have some very friendly waiters and if like me you are only interested in short time liaisons it is perfect, there is no off fee as technically it is a massage that you book the room for 300 baht. (I doubt any of the boys are trained masseurs) I have always had some good experiences there the rooms are little basic but when I am lying next to a naked sexy guy I tend not to notice the room so much.

I have had a couple of descent massages at Happy Massage but it has basic facilities and massage is done behind a curtain I have a favourite masseur there who has a nice long and thick cock.

As with everything in Pattaya and in life in general it is (each to his own) but I do like The Complex personally.

I have had a couple of descent massages at Happy Massage but it has basic facilities and massage is done behind a curtain I have a favourite masseur there who has a nice long and thick cock.

As with everything in Pattaya and in life in general it is (each to his own) but I do like The Complex personally.

Where is Happy Massage?

For me I do like to dine in Jomtien and then relax at the beer bars with a drink or two and conversation with friends. But, as with my friend, each to his own taste and his taste was cock and tail but not a cocktail.  :p

Where is Happy Massage?

For me I do like to dine in Jomtien and then relax at the beer bars with a drink or two and conversation with friends. But, as with my friend, each to his own taste and his taste was cock and tail but not a cocktail. :p

Happy Massage is just around the corner from Dick's Cafe in the Complex or it was the last tile I was there in September 2014 - no information as to it closing.

http://www.nickysgaypattaya.com/gay-pattaya/happy-massage-jomtien-complex/

I am not a big fan of GoGo Bars so not having any in Jomtien is not an issue for me. I rarely go to Boys Town so The Complex offers a nice relaxing alternative to Sunee Plaza for me.

My favourite Bar is 2 faces they have some very friendly waiters and if like me you are only interested in short time liaisons it is perfect, there is no off fee as technically it is a massage that you book the room for 300 baht. (I doubt any of the boys are trained masseurs) I have always had some good experiences there the rooms are little basic but when I am lying next to a naked sexy guy I tend not to notice the room so much.

Thanks for the updates, I didn't realise Two Faces had massage/short time rooms. (I know they have hotel/guesthouse rooms) 

When you say 'a little basic' are they individual rooms as opposed to the 'curtains' style and have a shower?  Although on many occasions I realise the massage fee will just be a cover for short time off, do they actually have massage oil, towels etc and are happy to perform massage?

Probably most of the guys in the gay massage places have only very basic 'skills' but a light body/muscle rub is all I like in a massage anyway, not really interested in deep/strong massages and thus never interested in strong manly-massage boy types, a big turn off and not enjoyable for me. Before massage I always ask for bao-bao/soft.

The Happy Massage would probably not be a place I would enjoy, I like private room and a good hot shower is a must, hate that 'curtain' places. I'm surprised Jomtien does not have more Bonny/Blue House style gay massage places.

since I'm not fan of beach areas, 

I'm not a great fan of beach areas (sitting in sun/swimming) but have started to visit Dong Tan a little more over last couple years, but I regard Jomtien/Jomtien Complex just another bar area as opposed to a beach area, not sure why you would be put off just because it's near a beach. Over the years I visited Jomtien loads of times and haven't been near the beach!

For me the only missing piece are go-go bars. But I like Jomtine fun vibe a lot. So I was mostly oscillating between Jomtien and Boyztown - Sunee having too many too young-looking boys for my taste.

Like 'Biguyguy' and 'frequentflyer' gogos are something I don't miss in Jomtien and think it's good to have areas with their own style. I don't off guys from the gogos nowadays (unless it's a friend to go to club or folk/rock club with) as I have bf, but still like to visit gogos for fun, laughs and simply because my home country has nothing to compare, but I can visit BT/Sunee for that. I usually stay in Mosaik South Pattaya and when there, use a visit to Jomtien for a change of pace/scene. Although I have stayed in Jomtien complex for very short stays before this will be one of the first times I plan to spend all my time in Jomtien when staying there. I will visit the rest of Pattaya when I return later in my trip after visits to bf home and other places in Thailand we fancy.   

may be he just wasn't in the mood?

Anyways nothing wrong with poking and withdrawing, better then those guys who are sitting without ordering a drink and just taking space and air.

Some farangs feel it's rude to peek and not go in. Somehow, the boys will be offended.

Others, myself included, don't want to waste their time, if the boys inside are not their type, too few in numbers,

they see an obnoxious mamasan and a host of other reasons.

Boys need a thick skin in the bar boy game, as they get rejected all the time except for the superstars.

One can be too nice, too polite, too p.c. and that all comes across as weakness and foolishness to the boys, imo.

Guest abang1961

I think each area has its own charm.

I am more a fan of the beach..although I am more of an exhibitionist...

I think of things in Pattaya this way...

Breakfast .. what breakfast when the day starts at noon..

Dongtan for the early part of the afternoon - catch 40 winks together with lunch..

If I am lucky, I may have the chance to know new friends and say hello to old acquaintances

or let us talk to me ...till 4.30 pm.

Head for Jomtien Complex for a quick drink at the bars..

Rest in hotel till 8 pm..

Look for a good restaurant (location immaterial) before winding down in Boyz Town..

By 11.30 pm, this old body needs the beauty rest..

The wonderful staff/boys in most Thai gay establishments should be used to rejections..it is not their lucky day everyday..

Just show them the respect and say "Thank you " and bow out swiftly..

Happy Massage is just around the corner from Dick's Cafe in the Complex or it was the last tile I was there in September 2014 - no information as to it closing.http://www.nickysgaypattaya.com/gay-pattaya/happy-massage-jomtien-complex/

I had a favorite at Happy Boys and some fun until the last time when a chatty farang a few curtains over ruined it

for me. The lad suggested we go elsewhere next time and the whole experience vastly improved. Happy does have a shower

but best for happy ending type massage due to lack of privacy and narrow space. My favorite has a whopper and a butt

to die for, even though he was about 35 y.o.

Boys need a thick skin in the bar boy game, as they get rejected all the time except for the superstars.

One can be too nice, too polite, too p.c. and that all comes across as weakness and foolishness to the boys, imo.

I think boys are used to not being picked up as only lucky few have off every night and even superstars go home empty handed from time to time. 

As for being too nice and polite from time to time I think you are  right but at end of day I still rather force myself to being polite than create a scene over my only beef with some boys - reneging on time commitment and leaving too early under some stupid excuse like wrongly parked motorsai ( new invention as far as excuses go, heard twice last trip). 

I'm not a great fan of beach areas (sitting in sun/swimming) but have started to visit Dong Tan a little more over last couple years, but I regard Jomtien/Jomtien Complex just another bar area as opposed to a beach area, not sure why you would be put off just because it's near a beach. Over the years I visited Jomtien loads of times and haven't been near the beach!

May be I should take your advice and spend some evening at Jomtien but  I just like hustle and bustle of BT area although liked Bamboo bar mid-day experience last Dec.

Just sitting in the bar is not my thing unless it's go-go bar  with boys in speedos on the stage.

I agree with most of the things you tend to say 'williewillie' but not this. You can never be too nice, polite and pc, to anybody, be that working boys or friends,  these are traits which will be respected and responded to, if you really meant to say  "too gullible, soft-touch, giving-in to demands easily" instead of being firm and unambiguous that to me is different. You can be perfectly firm with friends/acquaintances/working boys and at the same time retain politeness, niceness and correctness in your attitudes. In my personal experiences this goes much further in getting at least some respect and at the same time not being treated as weak/foolish.

Yes I agree it helps if boys have thick skins to survive the barboy world but I find so many of them are not, many simply don't have it in their DNA and are just ordinary boys lured-in through friends and attempts to improve their situations in life quickly, and are not hardened professionals. Time of course does drain innocence away but many are just outgoing, fun loving, young lads/men who have found they can earn a bit extra through their good looks. Despite their manipulative ways many are incredibly naïve and sweet. They don't all fall victim to drugs and useless hangers-on. Many are a world away from their thick-skinned, hardened western equivalents, isn't that one of the main reasons we like them so much?   

Thanks for the updates, I didn't realise Two Faces had massage/short time rooms. (I know they have hotel/guesthouse rooms) 

When you say 'a little basic' are they individual rooms as opposed to the 'curtains' style and have a shower? 

Yes the rooms are individual rooms and they do have shower facilities but outside the room.

When I say basic I mean there is nothing much in the rooms except for the bed and a chair to put your clothes on.

I never meant my comments to come over as negative as I have had 100% good experiences at Two Faces.

I stopped off for an afternoon coffee at Two Faces about 8 years ago. 

An adorable guy called Sam served me & shortly afterwards, I enjoyed an unplanned visit to the the massage facilities  :)

I agree with most of the things you tend to say 'williewillie' but not this. You can never be too nice, polite and pc, to anybody, be that working boys or friends,  these are traits which will be respected and responded to, if you really meant to say  "too gullible, soft-touch, giving-in to demands easily" instead of being firm and unambiguous that to me is different. You can be perfectly firm with friends/acquaintances/working boys and at the same time retain politeness, niceness and correctness in your attitudes. In my personal experiences this goes much further in getting at least some respect and at the same time not being treated as weak/foolish.

Yes I agree it helps if boys have thick skins to survive the barboy world but I find so many of them are not, many simply don't have it in their DNA and are just ordinary boys lured-in through friends and attempts to improve their situations in life quickly, and are not hardened professionals. Time of course does drain innocence away but many are just outgoing, fun loving, young lads/men who have found they can earn a bit extra through their good looks. Despite their manipulative ways many are incredibly naïve and sweet. They don't all fall victim to drugs and useless hangers-on. Many are a world away from their thick-skinned, hardened western equivalents, isn't that one of the main reasons we like them so much?

I was referring to farangs who feel it is disrespectful and rude to look inside a boybar and decide against going inside.

I also feel that not being firm with obnoxious rude mamasans is for wimps and being coerced into buying them drinks

is weakness personified. Boys that presume to sit down with you without being asked or push hard tips are

best ignored but when they grab your arms or get really obnoxious, it's time to raise your voice and certainly not

be polite. Fortunately, these experiences are rare for most but the weak Caspar Milquetoasts among us get played

as they are easy touches. We all have our own style and my only issue with pushover farangs is when they complain.