Everything posted by vinapu
-
Tawan Bar in Bangkok Closed: Police Raid Reported
as they say where I was born ' bell sounds but nobody knows from which church". There were various versions of reason for sudden closure circulating but I guess it's better to leave them to whispering, if at all , than put in print. Even from their boys I got two completely different reasons.
-
GOP- Nice Boys
Great to heat Gop is alive but questions lingers - who was cremated on that Wednesday mentioned in OP. I know dead body but whose ?
-
Flying into BKK as a transit only passenger
in that case , yes , although I observed that usually , regardless of destination, my connecting luggage comes out rather close to an end.
-
Safest cities vs most violent
exactly, often when I see that kind of lists on any subject I suspect their only purpose is to instigate discussion of how stupid they are
-
Southeast Asia's second largest economy receives 19.7 million foreign tourists
that's prejudice of us, English speaking people. May be less of requirement for Japanese, Brazilians, Germans, French etc.
-
The ‘fearless young activists’ thrown in jail for climate campaigns in Cambodi
power plant is one thing and dam across the river is another one
-
Here's how to outsmart jet lag
I posted it somewhere already but repeat, Prestige massage by Chong Nonsi station offers treatment called "Jet Lag Recovery" at 1950 for 90 minutes and 2150 for 2 hrs. Hopefully somebody will try it and tells us that it works
-
Safest cities vs most violent
size of your endowment perhaps ? Not trying to be smart, while leaving one of Bangkok hotels for breakfast there was short exchange between my boy and night time receptionist and boy told me later receptionist asked if farang was generous. Diplomatically I did not ask what answer was
-
Flying into BKK as a transit only passenger
In May I was flying to Berlin with 12 hrs layover in Dublin. Got both boarding passes at home and my checked in luggage was sent through all the way despite such long layover. I was free to go to the city which I did. Interestingly, in Berlin my suitcase was first to pop out on the belt.
-
Airbus shows off new ultra long-haul jet
I rater spent that money on deserving but poor boys
-
Check and double check those dates
doesn't matter how we call it, never hurts to use our own intelligence instead
-
Expats hear about myth and mystery at immigration
tell us something we don't know
-
Time to return
air in Japan is different
-
Check and double check those dates
brilliant, elegant and yet simple
-
The ‘fearless young activists’ thrown in jail for climate campaigns in Cambodi
not being involved in military conflict in first decade of XXI century did not prevent certain country located between Belarus and USA from attacking her neighbour and being first country post World War II to change borders in Europe by force. I , with many other hope an pray that we will be able to say the same highlighted part about certain country between Latvia and North Korea before w we close our eyes forever. But since you mentioned US and Cambodia , I'm 100% sure that we agree that USA committed many gravely since against Cambodia in 70 and 80 ties, starting with Lon Nol coup, through secret bombings (Mr. Kissinger, hope you are not cold in hell ? ) to supporting UN seat for Democratic Kampuchea fully knowing about Khmer Rouge atrocities.
-
The ‘fearless young activists’ thrown in jail for climate campaigns in Cambodi
That's not a point which average product of Russian schooling with their cult of war and military will take well. Picture this : Perestroyka times under Gorbatchev, Trans Siberian train stops in Novosibirsk, heavily pregnant lady and her husband are boarding, elderly couple, presumably parents or in-laws are sending them off and elder lady says " bring back son, we need a lot of border guards " . Who heard that ? among others myself looking through the window
-
Storm topples tree today , killing 1 and injuring three in Angkor complex
https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/world/fierce-storm-topples-tree-at-cambodian-angkor-temple-complex-killing-1-and-damaging-statues/ar-BB1qxohF?ocid=winp1taskbar&cvid=40e5cf8007ad40579bd696eacb5c72ae&ei=12 Southern Gate is kind of main one , connecting Angkor Wat with walled city of Angkor Thom and all of us who visited Angkor crossed it any times.
-
The ‘fearless young activists’ thrown in jail for climate campaigns in Cambodi
wonder no, worry yes. It's always worrying if unpredictable and autocratic country tries to expand it's sphere of influence.
-
The ‘fearless young activists’ thrown in jail for climate campaigns in Cambodi
exactly, word for word, what I heard from mine on the way from new Siem Reap airport
-
The ‘fearless young activists’ thrown in jail for climate campaigns in Cambodi
there's big difference between being detained and freed shortly after and jailed for 6 years.
-
Southeast Asia's second largest economy receives 19.7 million foreign tourists
from bars ?
-
Airbus shows off new ultra long-haul jet
my thought exactly I noticed that with age I like better to break my long range flights somewhere on the way as sitting 15 hrs in the same seat seems too tiring
-
Time to return
glad to hear you feel better , ready to take on Japan. I suspect AC set too low could be reason for your health troubles. have fun in Osaka
-
Biden endorses Harris
indeed it does !
-
Check and double check those dates
tell them you don't like having suitcase in the same room where you sleep