Everything posted by vinapu
-
Door open, ar&se up friendly - hotels
it may be also effect of gay becoming more mainstream with need to hide in ghettoes and enclaves diminishing. Not sure number if drop of gays visiting is that dramatic, we may just blend better in. No need to gay exclusive hotels when sight of white haired gentleman walking in with smooth guy 1/3 his age is not drawing anybody's attention other than perhaps some less wordly tourist's sitting in the lobby.
-
Summer in Bangkok, another trip report this year
I understand it and chalk it off to cultural differences when it happens first time. But if we dined before , sometimes even few times then he should know routine. Not fundamental issue and I don't mind spending money as eating together apart from filling stomach is a lot of fun but I'm opposing to wasting food that way, any way in fact.
-
Summer in Bangkok, another trip report this year
one or two fancier seafood dishes or steak
-
Cancun
have a nice trip and don't forget to report
-
Door open, ar&se up friendly - hotels
I'm pretty sure you are talking about Arthur&Paul and Rambutan (cheaper one ) in Phnom Penh. About Bangkok, yes , after demise of BBB Inn and converting Tarntawan to mainstream there are no gay exclusive hotels but there are rooms for rent at Coffee Grinder 2 doors away from Tawan bar . Gay for sure , if exclusive , not that sure bur since owner reads this forum he may chip in. Since all things gay become more mainstream there's no need for gay exclusive places other than perhaps saunas and massages. Go-go bars are already girls infested to a certain degree.
-
money boys
you should stay in Pattaya, much, much warmer there
-
Summer in Bangkok, another trip report this year
I guess you don't complain about them being unhygienic. Sometimes they may be of strange shape or deformed by mooks but unhygienic, no. I think they have good idea of how much they will sell cooking only that much. Whatever is left is eaten by family at end of day, at least this is what one of bar boys, during day selling food from family stand somewhere at Huay Kwang, told me.
-
Pattaya tourism outlook hazy
my thought exactly , you beat me to it by 1 minute. I wanted to say ' relative novelty value" also , again relative shortage of travel information.
-
this site is deemed dangerous
Yes, seems back to normal
-
Thaksin - Pardon
not in soi 4 it's my guess
-
Thaksin - Pardon
yes, by end of this month
-
this site is deemed dangerous
I'm glad others share my misery, I thought it's just my comp problem
-
HM the King Grants Royal Pardon to Thaksin
by end of this month we should see it is my guess
-
Thailand's new cabinet
some ministries seem to be party's turf with minister and deputies coming form the same party. Prime minister being also finance minister shows where priorities are so we can count on rather stable baht and resulting stable off fees and tips.
-
Summer in Bangkok, another trip report this year
I do and never had a problem, my enemies in Thailand are food courts in malls
-
Pattaya tourism outlook hazy
They have some reputation for stinginess that's probably why. On another hand I asked one BBB boy I offed few times whether it's true Indians are poor tippers and he said "not all, some are spending big"
-
New Thai Elite Visa Programme DOES target retirees BUT . . .
I hope they don't drive though. Yesterday I was almost run over in pure view of my balcony by guy with whiter hair than mine taking right turn on red light. Nice exchange followed " sorry man", "thank you for not killing me", old school I guess.
-
Pattaya tourism outlook hazy
You are on something, now every second or third restaurant in Pattaya seems to be Indian one. I wouldn't say everywhere though as I saw very few of them, if any , in Boyztown or Jomtien boy bars.
-
Pattaya tourism outlook hazy
you beat me again and again
-
Summer in Bangkok, another trip report this year
While I like Foodland I did not take any offence treating it matter-of-factly. There's no such thing like good or bad food, all comes down to simple fact whether we like it or not. I'm by no means fancy diner, few times in Bangkok acted on recommendations from this forum or member met personally and sometimes I confirmed their findings and sometimes I wondered what the hoopla is all about. It goes other way around too. I once sent our member to no longer existing Oasis restaurant on Suriwong to taste their version of chicken with cashew nuts which to this day I consider the best and his feedback was telling while polite "I must have a bad day". When comes to boys and food my advice is only to watch what they order and make sure they finish it off. It happens often that out of 1000 bill 200 is for mine and rest for theirs and still they are leaving a lot unfinished. That is what I don't like and make sure they get " a look" from me.
-
Pattaya tourism outlook hazy
what is your increase over 2022 as I was boasting about that ?
-
Some Massages in BKK Aug 23
welcome back , we did not hear from you for a while. Thank you for Vee1 recommendation, I was talking to them about him in July but on the day I had time he was only available past 9pm. and I was bit put off by him minimum tip of 3000 / hour they quoted so I passed that opportunity. Now I can see I should reconsider if he will be there next time I am.
-
HM the King Grants Royal Pardon to Thaksin
that's another solution. We should know soon
-
Pattaya tourism outlook hazy
what about me ?, I was in Thailand already 3 times in 2023 , increase of 50% over 2022
-
HM the King Grants Royal Pardon to Thaksin
now he needs somehow to figure out how to leave hospital without returning to his comfy cell at Bangkok Hilton. House arrest perhaps?