Everything posted by vinapu
-
Laos faces dire shortage of workers
rightly so , actually it may be much easier to force changes, including those for common good, in authoritarian countries than in messy democracies dealing with NIMBY-ism at every turn. I'd not exclude Communist authoritarian governments either, it took one generation to turn Russia from agrarian to industrial country and records of some East European regimes in rebuilding their countries ravaged by war are nothing to sneeze at.
-
Arrest warrant issued for former Pattaya mayor
that's the one with time it will become kind of an icon , all the same like Sathorn Unique by Saphan Taksin BTS station
-
Vietnam Airlines to restore nearly 90% of international flight frequency
It may open new way of getting to Thailand - through Vietnam. By coincidence yesterday I checked pricing from where I'm to Hanoi and compared them with Bkk ones for 3 random dates in Nov , Jan and Mar . First time in living memory they were cheaper by 100-200 $
-
Arrest warrant issued for former Pattaya mayor
is that building whose empty shell still stands I wonder ?
-
Reduce electric train fares to 20 baht max?
Bangkokians can only hope it will materialize
-
New Thai Elite Visa Programme DOES target retirees BUT . . .
that's what happens when people are too cheap to take private jet. but finally you arrived and fun starts I presume. Salamat !
-
Laos faces dire shortage of workers
because as he famously said ' we did not had and resources so we decided to develop only resource we had -our people "
-
War based on lies: Wagner mercenary chief
very few tears were shed for that man even if we can agree with some of his comments above about the war. Russians had taste of what happens when state is relinquishing it's monopoly on using of force. Sooner or later hydra rises.
-
Laos faces dire shortage of workers
I suspect our view of history is identical - no harm done for either country with Singapore going own way 58 years ago
-
Laos faces dire shortage of workers
Malaysia was keen on predominantly Chinese Singapore staying only if they agreed to Federation's ethnically based policies on which PAP, main party in Singapore was not keen to subscribe to. When PAP was trying to break into Peninsular politics on federal level and ethnic riots of 1963 and 1964 Lee was left with no choice other than accepting invitation to leave. Which crying on TV on Aug 9-1965 he accepted.
-
Laos faces dire shortage of workers
that was my subtle point
-
Laos faces dire shortage of workers
But can't be blamed to current shortage or workers in Laos either
-
Laos faces dire shortage of workers
you mean 'by own countrymen", right?
-
Laos faces dire shortage of workers
so if Japan could do it in say 20 years other countries can not in 48? Ghana at independence in 1957 had higher GDP per person than South Korea . Is that a case now ? was it even in 1970 ? When Singapore was leaving Malaysia no tears were shed deemed poor cousin is leaving It just sheer luck or perhaps better management ?
-
Gay retirees the latest niche market for Thailand
did you hear that:
-
Laos faces dire shortage of workers
that's all true and good you reminded that inconvenient truth. Visitors to Patpong Museum can watch short movie about Laos bombings. But is was 48 years ago and country economic condition now is owed more to governemnt handling it's affairs then to that undeclared war. Ditto Cambodia.
-
If you happen to be on the LOS during Songkran,
some people have all luck in life
-
Mister International Thailand 2023
waring- all 5 overdressed
-
Gay retirees the latest niche market for Thailand
I agree it's unfair but I think their reasoning is that non-resident is not spending money locally but contributing to economy of his country of residence instead. I think my doctor summarized neatly senior's health standing. When I told him ' doctor I used to see you every 3 years but now every 3 months " his answer was ' because you are old"
-
PM to look into extending tourist visas to 90 days
That's the general rule but is seems there's more exceptions than sticking to the rule. Thais still need visas to most countries citizens of are granted 30 days visa exempt entry. I know several countries I can go visa free but their citizens can't come without visa to my country. Sometimes national pride prevails, sometimes welcome to the tourist dollar takes over. Certain rules are outright strange. It seems that from October on, Egyptian citizens holding dual nationality will be required to get a visa if they want to visit Egypt but they are living abroad, Strangest rule I personally encountered in mid 90-ties was being denied admission to country my passport allowed me visa free entry but because it was issued by embassy abroad I was not admitted. so bottom line is don't count on reciprocation, don't count on consistency, check rules well before intended trip and also shortly before.
-
Patpong comings and goings
I heard that from boys as well when I was there in Bkk in July. I guess we will know soon , spy is on the way I guess.
-
Summer in Bangkok, another trip report this year
perhaps it was too cold, no ?
-
Trip report (July 2023)
I guess so but run them through dishwasher first
-
Summer in Bangkok, another trip report this year
I can see attraction to the song, I'm already humming along after watching that clip. As for Songkran it looks it one of things people have strong opinion about, including our member. Some like you recommend it heartily and there quite a few of others. On another hand there are those who profess to trying to escape for that period or going into seclusion for those few days. as for hotels, I can imagine it may be hard to get something at decent price closer to holiday so I'd be booking something at least for those holiday days.
-
Some Massages in BKK Aug 23
decision yes but opinion no, there's that saying that one can't make any scientific hypothesis based on one statistic sample. One experience may make us excited to return or miserable but we can't built theory on that, this goes for venues as well as for boys itself indeed. Even if we have justified opinion , good or bad, next trip it may turn different. so again for 128th time I say again ' go and try for yourself'. It's nothing wrong if after bad experience we say to ourselves' never again", I did it too but there's possibility the being so strict we may deprive ourselves some fun in the future