Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gay Guides Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

vinapu

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by vinapu

  1. vinapu replied to a post in a topic in Gay Bangkok
    Arrived this morning , tired like half dead. New 7/11 on the corner of soi 6 and Suriwong very shiny. Nice welcome at the door, poster featuring Bright of Sarawat famr from 2gether series. Some construction going in former soi Twilight Coffee Grinder Cafe 2 doors from Tawan looks very classy indeed and is sporting prominently gay flag
  2. vinapu replied to a post in a topic in Gay Bangkok
    Tell me something I don t know
  3. Right, so far no clear plans about transportation from New airport. It nay be a chore.
  4. vinapu replied to a post in a topic in Gay Bangkok
    Great news for lucky enough to arrive soon. Can,t say how I wish it would be me
  5. I think they need to find a way of backing up without leaving a feel that they were forced to by election winners so both sides need to avoid cornering other.
  6. Riobard: Since they would already have you jacked up on caffeine it seems implicit that short-time room let would not be for napping, and the establishment would turn a blind eye to any percolating shenanigans within reason in the quarters? Vinapu: impossible to jack me up on caffeine . I drink coffee but don't like aftertaste so rarely do it outside of my digs because urge of brushing teeth immediately. In the area I don't need short time rooms because I stay in tested visitor friendly hotels. But staying right beside Tawan , my most favorite bar I hope to visit at some point between now and Christmas has advantages for me. just not for 2000, yet.
  7. Looks really nice. Rooms at 2000 are not a bad offer for the area although unfortunately above of what cheap skates like me are prepared to pay. Nothing stops from splurging from time to time though , specially considering location
  8. vinapu replied to a post in a topic in Gay Bangkok
    we need to sent somebody to go and check
  9. and this is what I think as well and somehow suspect outcome will be aligned with elections result. From above view is often better to assess where winds are blowing from.
  10. welcome to the forum
  11. getting old has it's uses I guess
  12. vinapu replied to a post in a topic in Gay Bangkok
    I assume alcohol still will be sold there in restricted hours like at 7/11 (11-2 and 5 -12)
  13. I heard on Headline News by Fabulous Pattaya Media Group that there was no uncovered manhole in the area which makes whole thing even more mysterious
  14. how do you know ? just asking
  15. indeed , by coincidence I watched it just yesterday. All of his pieces on YouTube are recommended , I particularly enjoyed enlightening clip about Thai honorifics too bad 2nd part of My Engineer did not materialize yet, Ram / King was supposed to be main couple
  16. Of course. If you took seriously Ggobkk earlier advice and read my travel reports you 'd know already. here it is : https://www.gayguides.com/forums/topic/37210-third-time-lucky-december-2021-trip-to-thailand-in-covid-time/page/8/ Day 20
  17. we are talking about Silom area. Closest churches are by St Louis BTS or on opposite side of Lumpini Park
  18. you better inspect those rooms they may have for rent and see how much they charge if in fact they plan to rent them. But sure , go to China first
  19. that could be quite economical option for the soi as I , while liking Quarter , consider it overpriced with it's modern, well organized but postcard sized rooms. as for the rooms use - the same can be speculated and be correct about any room in any hotel in the area, even those apparently guest unfriendly. Great report again and again. I'm glad you stand your ground denying another meeting after guy missed his appointment and declining request of further contribution to your waiter Taron request. Even in heat of the action we need some internal discipline , otherwise boys may use lack of it for further concessions. Guy oversleeping his appointment shows how he values your custom, taking it for granted. I'd not hire that no-show guide either, even if he had very good excuse (accident etc ) he should say something later during the day. On subject of leaving luggage with hotel my experience is that they do it gladly even if we don't return to them. Hotels understand that there's always next trip.
  20. so you are saying countries which still have colonial era anti -sodomy laws in books should start enforcing them vigorously as famous mercantilist advised above? Not that I disagree with you both but in real politics sometimes change needs to be introduced a little step at the time , just to avoid waves ruining everything
  21. they will but wheels of change are in motion already, even if conservatives succeed it will be temporary and short lived. Laws don't need to be revised, it's enough if for starters they stop applying them . Time for revision comes next.
  22. that should cure your jet lag definitely. Looks like Banana becomes your bar central and I'm not surprised. Lucy finally got you ! I'm intrigued by that Coffee Grinder , seems like nice place to spy Tawan boys coming to work while feasting on French pastries. I have feeling I know whom you meet tonight.
  23. card you mentioned in the post I was responding to i.e. your credit card
  24. wise choice , faster , cheaper and you will immediately get a feeling of where you are, chances are you will be nicely surprised. On MRT you tap your card on entry to let you in and then again on exit so proper charge will be deducted ( transit fees in Bangkok are distance based , not flat ) I'd not worry, specially with hands full , just buy a jetton (MRT ) or ticket (plastic card) on BTS, after 3-4 trips you will master system
  25. you extracted wisely right, for example what passage below is supposed to mean ?

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.