Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gay Guides Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

ggobkk

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by ggobkk

  1. Londoner's comment and pong's insight as well as a book review of gay life in Brooklyn caused me to think that ral estate values are a common decimator of go gos. Brooklyn had a thriving gay life centered around the docks and the nearby bars, then highways came and divided the town, I remember that there were four gogo places in New York's Time Square area (the Gayety, of many happy memories, being the most known) which have disappeared, their memories absorbed into office towers. In San Francisco, the Nob Hill closed this past year, the Campus closed several years back, lost to gentrification. Gogos prosper when property is cheap enough for low rents, same property becomes a developer's dream. Things are changing, we need to enjoy what we have, while we have it. And, who knows, the scene may just change towns or countries.
  2. Reading back through this topic, other than a report that a Dreamboys mamasan said the German owner of Dreamboys had bought HotMale, I can find no other report of this purchase/joint venture. The owner of HotMale owns and revitalized Moonlight, he had three spots on Twilight and the gogo upstairs. I’d like someone in Bangkok to provide a more than mamasan insight. Speculation/hope/despair is running amok.
  3. Last time I checked, Rome is still going strong. I'm due to arrive in Bangkok in a month and am looking forward to exploring and discovering old things in new places, and some new things in new places.
  4. I can recall Surawong back in 1991 (!). I was a mere child, but, I remember most of the clubs and gogo's were in the vicinity of where Tawan is today. Other than that, I would echo Londoner's description of things.
  5. ggobkk replied to Will7272's topic in Gay Thailand
    Washed away with the end of Songkran...
  6. TravellerDave reminded me that when I'm in Jomtien the apps come alive with interest. Many of those on line are boys from the Jomtien bars. I haven't had a problem with boys from Planet Romeo coming to Jomtien.
  7. ggobkk replied to Jamg03s's topic in Gay Thailand
    Fitness 7 has a Pattaya branch...but I haven’t been there myself.
  8. ggobkk replied to hank75's topic in Gay Thailand
    Join with hank75 in hoping for Songkran reports...
  9. Whenever I visit Bangkok, I make time for at least a few days in Pattaya. As I enjoy sitting in the shade at the beach, I base myself at The Poseidon in Jomtien. As Londoner mentioned the Baht bus is frequent and can deliver me to Sunnee Plaza and/or Boyztown in a few minutes I’ve had offs from Sun Bar and @Home. Difference seemed be that I had to indicate my interest at Sun Bar before there was interaction, @Home the boys take the initiative. If it is, or might be, your thing there is a willingness to enjoy 3 way encounters. There’s lots of Jomtien and a Boyztown info on the forum. Judy use the search function. Have a great time
  10. ggobkk replied to Jamg03s's topic in Gay Thailand
    Another option is Fitness Thaniya on the 9th floor of Thaniya Plaza. Decent gym, outdoor pool.
  11. Agree with others...Pattaya and Bangkok. In fact, that my May trip yo Thailand
  12. ggobkk replied to a post in a topic in Gay Thailand
    Have a Forum phenom of a time and relax into the flow of things...
  13. ggobkk replied to Will7272's topic in Gay Thailand
    time change...
  14. Thanks for you report. Good to know Fresh Boys2 is drawing boys and customers. When fist opened, two customers was a crowd.
  15. ggobkk replied to Will7272's topic in Gay Thailand
    You are not the only one asking this question. Another question is - where are Maxi’s waiters gone to?
  16. I take the approach that if something happens to me, it's beyond my control. If, I die, while on a journey, I doubt I will feel embarrassed about anything. Family and friends will adjust.
  17. ggobkk replied to a post in a topic in Gay Thailand
    Have Google translate on your phone...it’s handy to have and is decent with Thai translation. Though sometimes it take more than one attempt. Note - languages can be pre-loaded in case there is poor or non existent internet. Recommend having Cambodian and Vietnamese translations at hand as many many boys are not Thai. and...Vinapu’s suggestions are valid and worked in the pre-app world.
  18. Hmmm...is the rainy season early? Or is this nature practicing for later this month?
  19. In the end, it will be economics...does this way attract customers and their money...if not...will the owners try something else or just disappear.
  20. ggobkk replied to a post in a topic in Gay Thailand
    Unfortunately, I wont arrive until a few days after you've departed as no longer a newbie. Have an incredible time...look for guru PaulSF who will (I suspect) be up on all the changes and have found a new central meeting point for Forum members as Maxi's pulls down its shutters. Enjoy!
  21. Try Bangkok Airport Limousine. www.limousine.in.th. All services you mention, company provides.
  22. ggobkk replied to a post in a topic in Gay Thailand
    I’ve stayed at The Raya multiple times. I like it very much. However, the Raya is next to Twilight and I’m wondering (for my next visit) if there will a noise impact from the destruction and construction?
  23. ggobkk replied to a post in a topic in Gay Thailand
    Thanks...will explore
  24. ggobkk replied to a post in a topic in Gay Thailand
    Wow...a new approach to getting information...”ask directly”.
  25. Good to have the Forum’s intrepid reporter, PaulSF, on the scene. Give my regards to the guys at Maxi’s.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.