Everything posted by ggobkk
-
1 Year without CL personals, where switched ?
Blued appears (to me) to have a Chinese bias...I get many hits on Blued during my twice yearly visits to China (Beijing, Shanghai, etc). Very few, if any hits, when not in China.
-
Airport
BenG1000 - stay with the Thai business class / it's as quick for clearing immigration as the Fast Track greeter service. This is based on having used both. Biggest delay is waiting for luggage... Take a look at the airport map and know your route to the taxi queue. At that hour of the night, taxi is faster than the train and faster than having booked a car and driver as the driver has to be called from the waiting area which adds some minutes. You can speed up the taxi by telling the driver you are in a hurry and you'll pay 500 THB...that's about 30% more than what the metered rate is, but if you include the tolls it's maybe 15% more. This kind of offer will focus the driver and he won't be tempted to use some side roads to minimize the toll.
-
BKK newbie
Hot Male is a go go...up a flight of stairs, boys on stage or seated to the audience left of stage. Two or three mamasans usually present. I’ve found them helpful. Usually two shows a night. The later show usually had some hard core stuff...that show brings in anumber of women. Hot Male has the same ownership as Moonlight. I’ve had several offs from HM...most provided a good time.
-
Air space closure. Thai flights cancelled
An informative link https://thepointsguy.com/news/pakistan-closes-airspace-india-violence-escalation/
-
Air space closure. Thai flights cancelled
Jasper has a post in the Beer Bar that should be moved to the main forum. Due to the "difficulties" between them, Pakistan and India have shut down their airspace. Thai Airways has cancelled its flights to and from most of Europe and Russia. Other airlines are adjusting schedules and routings.
-
THAI cancels all flights to Europe
Guess the real world intrudes...this is serious stuff and there is the possibility of getting worse in the near term as one nations has a new and untested leader and the other' leader is in a race for re-election. Both nations have a history of fighting...difference now from the last time is that they are both nuclear powers. Probably a boost for the Gulf airlines.
-
BKK newbie
BenG1000 - just realized that your trip is in earl May. You haven't indicated any dates, which isn't relevant anyway, but be aware that the coronation of Rama X is happening between the 4th and 6th of May. If that coincides with your trip, keep yourself updated on activities around town.
-
BKK newbie
Adding a bit to Divine Madman's excellent answer about boys talking about their experiences/clients etc...some time ago, I had my frequent off Van staying with me at the Raya. I went out on my own one night, at Screwboys I off'd a guy and we used the hotel overhead. When we were finished and showering, the off said he knew me, since he was from Screwboys, I assumed he knew of me from one of his co-workers. Two days later, I was at the Raya, when Van returned and told me he had brought me a gift. Turns out it was my Screwboys off. He knew of me from Van because they shared a room... So yes, they do talk about us...but as DivineMadman puts it "regular" customers get talked about
-
Pre paid credit card
As is almost always the case, I agree with DivineMadman. I had a similar experience buying a nice cologne for a Vietnamese guy. His response was similar. Then I know a Cambodian guy in Pattaya, who, if he learns I'm going to be in town, sends me a request for a particular type of cologne!
-
Info on a bunch of BKK Massage Shops
100& agree with Reader! During my August visit in 2018, I had two excellent massages at Nakarat.
-
BKK newbie
Le Meridien is a few hundred steps from Twilight. Only The Raya, of the hotels mentioned, is closer.
-
BKK newbie
I've twice visited a boy's lodging. One was dorm style with three boys (maybe more) sharing. Very basic. The other was a single accommodation in what could be considered a shed. No facilities other than electricity.
-
BKK newbie
Hank75 was the 100K paid to the Moonlight model in baht or another currency?
-
BKK newbie
Hotels are a personal choice...location, amenities (or lack of), breakfast included, price. Last visit (November) I took a large executive suite at Bandara. The Raya was booked with a Japanese golf tour so I ventured away from Twilight and Silom. I liked it for the view which was 24 floors up and overlooked the park. Would I stay there again, yes, but The Raya is more convenient. Prices were similar and less than at the Meridian or Crowne Plaza. Given how you describe yourself, you may find that one of the Viet boys to your liking. If PaulSF is at Maxi’s during your trip he is an ambassador to them and they honor him like an uncle - among other reasons.
-
BKK newbie
Don’t neglect the “Timeless” forum...it holds the best of the GT forums advice and suggestions. Have a great visit...I won’t be in Bangkok until the end of May, so I’ll miss you.
-
BKK newbie
DivineMadman wrote my post better than I could have done. I’ll add an additional comment on Maxi’s as a place to watch the world of Twilight emerge as the evening approaches. Many Forum members meet up there and then split up to pursue their varied interests. And sometimes the “varied interests” arrive with them.
-
Trip Advice
I agree with hank75 and would opt for July rather than the Christmas/New Year's period. July is a more leisurely time to visit. Fewer wait times for things. Whichever time works best for you have a great time. I'd encourage you to have a few days in Pattaya as part of your trip. Last few visits, I've made a point on staying in both Pattaya and in Bangkok.
-
Baht rallies on
Perhaps, just perhaps, a strong baht going into an election is good for some...
- AEC Massage Sathorn - Gay Bangkok
-
Death knell for the A380?
big isn't always better...
-
The Russians in Pattaya
The numbers of Russians visiting and/or living in Pattaya is impressive. The Orthodox priest is sort of cute...
- BTS wants your personal info
-
Guesses on travel time from Pattaya to Don Muang?
The taxi services, at tleast the better ones, will have the best idea of travel time as it in their best interest to maximize the drivers and vehicles and not anger the clients.
- Trip report Christmas in Bangkok and New Year in Pattaya
-
Trip Report (very very late..)
Thanks for your report...never too late. i especially salute your philosophic distillation - if a masseur tells you that you are handsome, sexy, etc...enjoy the sense of feeling better. It’s your moment. In case Vinapu hasn’t already said it...waiting for your next report