Everything posted by hank75
-
Delices cat
Misread topic as “Delicious cat” Was thinking as I clicked in that I’ve seen alot of unusual things being eaten in Thai markets but never cat
-
Getting ready - gathering up to date recommendations
No comment on Olddaddy’s walking speed but I found it easily walkable to Patpong. The hotel is connected to the mall, the mall is connected by a bridge to the BTS, and you’re at Soi 4 already. Just a short hop to anywhere else you might want to be.
-
Getting ready - gathering up to date recommendations
Decent but looks better in the photos. Nothing to write home about. Gym is quite good. The pool at new Dusit Thani is something else.
-
Getting ready - gathering up to date recommendations
Thank you for review was curious when I passed by previously.
-
Getting ready - gathering up to date recommendations
Agree. Unless breakfast is included in my stay, I never buy hotel breakfast as I prefer Foodland, or Grab delivery.
-
First time Pattaya, I need your thoughts and recommendations
I meant under Bonvoy loyalty program 🙃 there was a time you couldn’t book a Bonvoy Bangkok hotel under 4-5000 baht. Some of the recently added properties now have opened up a possibilities for a cheaper stay while still clocking loyalty points or “mattress runs”
-
Recommendation for hotel to watch fireworks 31 Dec 2026
This could be a whole new thread: pet peeves with boys. Bringing them somewhere nice then having to take photos of them for their social media.
-
Recommendation for hotel to watch fireworks 31 Dec 2026
And to me it does, due to years spent in Hong Kong and Japan where the apartments were…not generously sized 😅 but yes I did use it to get some work done too I enjoyed lounging on it and admiring the view. Will leave it to your imagination what view I’m talking about (to be perfectly honest boy slept until 1 pm with full blackout shades down, I got bored of being in pitch darkness, so lounged on window seat outside and read a book)
-
First time Pattaya, I need your thoughts and recommendations
Very strange it’s not showing up on my app. Any idea when it was added? Only some new places in Huai Kwang. Good that they’re expanding stay options in Bangkok though.
-
Recommendation for hotel to watch fireworks 31 Dec 2026
There is a well sized table near the door, next to coffee machine, where boy and I had our meals. Two chairs facing each other so set up for dining rather than working. Perhaps your definition of a desk is mine of a dining table 😆 different size expectations?? But how did you miss the chairs? There used to be a petite suite that had the seating area and window seat but no desk/table, I liked that set up except for the one time boy decided to invite four bar friends over, and they were draped drunk all over the furniture and floor because there wasn’t enough seating for 6. edit: photo of desk/table. also reference for those wondering how many fit in an orgy
-
Recommendation for hotel to watch fireworks 31 Dec 2026
The room type I miss is the smaller suite, which had the living room area but not the dining table. Not sure why this was removed.
-
First time Pattaya, I need your thoughts and recommendations
Neither Montiens are under Bonvoy
-
Trip Report (January 2026)
Wait no it’s @jason1975 ? now I’m getting confused, much like when there were 2 brothers working in same bar lol
-
Trip Report (January 2026)
I guess “forum member” outed himself 😆
-
Recommendation for hotel to watch fireworks 31 Dec 2026
You wouldn’t want to be on Le Meridien lounge floor anyway. Not enough separation between lounge and rooms, all those visitors tramping up and down chatting loudly, shudder….
-
12/25 trip
Many, to my knowledge. Some hardworking ones massage in the day and bar work at night.
-
First time Pattaya, I need your thoughts and recommendations
was he offering free access to short time rooms and breakfast after? convenient in so many ways!
-
Recommendation for hotel to watch fireworks 31 Dec 2026
What an interesting read, thank you for this Hotels.com though has one of the better loyalty programs for third party booking sites. For every 10 nights you get a free night (equivalent to average price paid). This can be redeemed on its own or you can top up cash to book a more expensive stay. When you hit VIP status, you enjoy upgrades or other perks at different hotels and are not locked into a single brand. I got 1000 baht daily credit that could be applied to meals, room service, or laundry on my last trip. However 70% of the time their prices are slightly higher than Agoda or Trip.com so I only book this when price is exactly the same.
-
Bangkok trip report: 10 Days of Bliss.
How did a post from a different thread get quoted here? Didn’t even know this was possible 😆
-
Bangkok trip report: 10 Days of Bliss.
Thank you for the next instalment of your adventures, great read as always So many guys at dreamboys (my auto correct turned this into screamboys lol) and none caught your eye?
-
Recommendation for hotel to watch fireworks 31 Dec 2026
A cute willing boy and some spice
-
Recommendation for hotel to watch fireworks 31 Dec 2026
I thought you might as I recall you are fortunate enough to have boys cooking for you. I think they would love the riverfront pool too. The hotel is by no means “high end luxury” and not new, but it is very comfortable and well maintained. The 1 BR has a slightly strange layout, the bathroom divides the bedroom and living room, and the washbasin is outside the shower/toilet area. Check the layout and photos carefully to make sure this is fine for you. I found it awkward but not a big issue. Edit: there is also a 7-11 & Starbucks right downstairs which is very convenient for buying of snacks, drinks, mixers and condoms 😂
-
Recommendation for hotel to watch fireworks 31 Dec 2026
I am interested to read your review too, as I have looked at this balcony room before. Room looks very nice. I’ve stayed in a non balcony room before, years ago.
-
Recommendation for hotel to watch fireworks 31 Dec 2026
You are absolutely right, I have edited my post.
-
New plastic 100 Baht banknote
Entirely correct but mamasan has cleverly only delivered 100 baht notes, and sticks his hand out for 100 baht tip. I have been outwitted by mamasans more times than I can count.