Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gay Guides Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

hank75

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by hank75

  1. Thanks, my question wasn’t if the sex trade will continue (it will, luckily for most of us) but if the bar scene that most of us are used to will survive after the owners have several months of close to zero income. Especially some of the venues that have undergone recent expensive renovations after moving from Soi Twilight. Perhaps they will and this is just temporary. Or perhaps owners may decide it’s just too costly to run a full go go, while beer bars or massage shops makes better financial sense. These are unpredictable times indeed.
  2. As Thailand starts to reopen, a quick straw poll to see where members’ opinions lie about the recovery of go go bars. I am referring mainly to the Silom scene as Pattaya bars have already been besieged by other issues even pre pandemic, but opinions on Pattaya too are welcome. A couple of boys and bar staff I spoke to have suggested, based on current government policies, a mid June reopening of bars seems realistic. However most of you will also have read the latest news that international inbound flights are now banned until 1 July. No word yet if a lengthy quarantine will be imposed even after the ban is lifted. This means tourism will be impacted until at least end July or early August, the start of the rainy season and the usual low income period for bars. Should bars reopen in June, they will be dependent on expats and the rich foreign customers who weathered the lockdown in Bangkok for at least six to eight weeks if flights do not resume. Right now the bars are not paying salary to their staff, most of whom have returned to their hometowns. Based on social media posts they are all keen to get back to work, so diminished numbers should not be a problem. Those who have not left Bangkok are already active on apps and for private massages. Bar owners have incurred at least 2-3 months of rent (perhaps some are still repaying bank loans) with no income. Does it make sense to reopen bars despite lack of tourists, and take on salary and operation costs on top of rent? As we all know, bars only make income from cover, drinks, and off fees.
  3. hank75 replied to a post in a topic in Gay Thailand
    There is another “Mr Eak” whom I have never seen before. Also a “Mr Party” whom I have seen many times before and is not interested in gay custom
  4. hank75 replied to a post in a topic in Gay Thailand
    And Mr Boom! Jupiter FB also has a slideshow of Spai and the full performance of the drag queen and boys on chains. First time I can recall them uploading a performance as they don’t like putting the boys on social media. Must be desperate to get back to business. IMG_6459.MP4
  5. hank75 posted a topic in Gay Thailand
    Well this explains why I saw a couple of boys posting on social media that they were off to the gold shop yesterday and then proudly showing off wads of 1000 baht bills. Despite the lockdown they are quite comfortable and not in desperate need of cash, so it confused me until I saw this. https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30385978?utm_source=category&utm_medium=internal_referral
  6. hank75 replied to a post in a topic in Gay Thailand
    Are masks still easily available in Bangkok? I was wondering if I should send some to friends (both friends and boys alike), also hand sanitizers if I can find a way to post them.
  7. If this isn’t stupidity I don’t know what is. Far too soon surely? https://thethaiger.com/coronavirus/chinese-tourist-packing-their-bags-to-come-back-to-thailand
  8. Well, a partial answer to my question. https://thethaiger.com/coronavirus/bangkok-closes-shopping-centres-and-markets-from-tomorrow
  9. I heard restaurants are subject to closures too? My expat friend is planning to head to Pattaya where these restrictions are not in place. Will street food vendors be affected?
  10. As the video is embedded I don’t know how to link to it directly, but click here for “Bangkok nightlife goes quiet” with very brief glimpses of some familiar spots. https://www.straitstimes.com/videos
  11. hank75 replied to a post in a topic in Gay Thailand
    Rather, I think this has proven Anutin’s stupidity and lack of understanding of healthcare systems in other countries. Pity the Thai students having to explain to overloaded NHS clinics they are not unwell, only requiring a fit-to-fly letter. https://thethaiger.com/coronavirus/returning-thais-face-being-turned-away-if-they-cant-show-fit-to-fly-health-certificate
  12. https://thethaiger.com/coronavirus/army-disinfecting-bangkok-streets Rather a pointless move? But government has never been less popular so perhaps they are trying to prove their efficacy.
  13. One Moonlight boy is staying with a Korean customer in Bangkok for a full month.
  14. The ones I was told about are Jupiter and Moonlight customers. ps: I haven’t been following the travel regulations quite so closely and was surprised to hear Chinese customers could still apply for short and long stay visas, no quarantine. Is this really true? Only the completion of a health declaration form?
  15. I agree with you that definitely there are some wonderful hardworking boys, who strive hard to help out families back home. I have nothing but respect and good wishes for them during this difficult period. But I will also politely point out that equally, there are some boys who are working this job for the lifestyle, the easy money, the partying, and are fortunate enough to be in bars where they don’t have to bang cock against a metal pole.
  16. Not singling out. Didn’t mean it to come across in any other way apart from factual. Just quoting what boys and mamasans told me, that customers from China, Singapore etc are still arriving, as in entering Thailand this week and making bookings. They didn’t say customers from UK, USA or elsewhere. That could be the case too. I don’t know. At least two boys I know of have secured long term offs while their bars are shut, one customer is flying in to take the boy out of Bangkok since he didn’t have to work. I asked “customer have discount, no bar fee” and was replied to with smiley faces.
  17. I like to take a more optimistic point of view. If the closures are really only two weeks, the boys on enforced holiday will likely be out of cash by then and only too happy to return to work. However if longer than two weeks, many of them will have severe income difficulties. Some may return to work on the family farm but the economy is contracting everywhere. Finding alternative jobs on short notice especially when they have zero other skills will be close to impossible. They will weather the storm somehow but when bars reopen in a month or several months (some leeway expected of course for situation to stabilise and not immediately the day after opening) they will flock back in droves searching for customers, desperate to get back to their former easy lifestyles. And likely they will have friends in non-bar jobs who now find themselves jobless and come with them. We may well be spoiled for choice after this is all over. Right now some Chinese and Asian regulars are still landing in Bangkok to visit the bars or making external bookings, rather irresponsibly IMO as they may pass the virus on.
  18. This is compulsory correct, not voluntary? All bars will shutter for two weeks?
  19. hank75 replied to a post in a topic in Gay Thailand
    I couldn’t load the video. Is this Spai or the other dark-skinned guy who recently moved to Jupiter at the same time?
  20. I heard the same. Apparently this news isn’t fully confirmed yet. Behind this is again the same farang-hating idiot, Anutin, who caused a furore over his premature announcement of quarantine orders. So far he has only said that he will propose the closure of bars and clubs to Prayut on Monday. Somehow this has been interpreted by boys and mamasans as “all bars are definitely closing on Monday” and thrown them into a complete panic. The truth of the matter is, we have to await Monday to see how Prayut reacts and if they can in fact impose this across small bars and big super clubs alike or there will be exceptions. Note also they see this as being enforced on a zone-by-zone basis. https://thethaiger.com/coronavirus/286064
  21. Moonlight’s latest “Bat” I hope he doesn’t cost too many “bat”
  22. I have had to travel extensively for work even during the virus escalation. While I had the same thoughts as you (relatively “young”...well at least not close to retirement! healthy etc..) with good hygiene I thought I would be fairly relaxed about it all. Let me tell you. Long haul travel is zero fun. Other people’s paranoia and tension starts to rub off especially in airports and places with crowds. I don’t doubt you could have a good time in Bangkok proper especially if you picked the right hotels and activities, but the actual commute through flights and airports is a complete pain in the a**. My friend just returned from Bangkok, he had an average time but said he felt leery everytime he got into a taxi because a number of known cases were via passenger-driver transmissions and he doubted the drivers were properly sanitizing their vehicles. Tuk tuk suddenly felt like a very attractive option. The situation changed significantly once the first death was recorded, far more panic, so it depends also if another death occurs or things remain stable. On SK2020, this is a tremendous financial loss for the organisers. I heard they are very appreciative if ticket holders opt for SK2021 instead of refunds as this helps to keep the event going for next year.
  23. hank75 replied to a post in a topic in Gay Thailand
    #88 regularly does full nudity, he alternates with Arm for the only exposed cock in the whole Jupiter show.
  24. hank75 replied to a post in a topic in Gay Thailand
    Very much so
  25. hank75 replied to a post in a topic in Gay Thailand
    Is #31 JoJo?

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.